1. e4
    Moves
    23 Feb '24 16:072 edits

A pic of a lad playing chess at the latest Super Bowl.

A helpmate in five moves.

In a Helpmate Black goes first and both sides work together to checkmate Black.
    I try these from time. This one caught my attention because it is so few pieces.

Then a construction test. Construct a position where White has a King, Knight
    and a Bishop but cannot win unless you remove either the Knight or Bishop.
    I give one solution. You are welcome to try and construct another. (good luck!)

Next an RHP game where the player who lost had a great trap he could have tried.
    Onto a few interesting and instructive OTB games and I added in a few cartoons.
    Blog Post 596

(I'm sure I posted this link this morning. I bet you I've posted it in the wrong forum.)

Edit:
    I did, I put it in the Clans Forum.. What I was doing there I have no idea I'm not in a clan.
  2. Joined
    19 Aug '12
    Moves
    25 Feb '24 10:46
    That game is featured in Winning in the Chess Opening: 700 Ways to Ambush Your Opponent By Nikolai Kalinichenko

I've played this Pirc/three pawns attack many times in rapid games I never knew of this trap.

In your analysis of {Black resigned 13...Qxg5 14.Nd6+} it should be {Black resigned 13...Qxg5 14.Ne6+}

3. e4
    Moves
    28 Feb '24 01:01
    Corrected it, thanks.

You saw what I wrote but knew what I meant.
  4. Joined
    19 Aug '12
    Moves
    28 Feb '24 07:20
    Thanks for sharing the game though, even we average players can gain from these games.

Actually c6 looks like a developing move but it allows the chance of white arriving at the position. White (a professional player) made quick work.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree