1. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Sep '13 19:03
    Originally posted by Tygert
    Hey Robbie, do you want to play two set piece games of the Yugoslav attack?
    I am not taking on any more games Tyger dude, sorry, once my present games are finished thats me, i am too busy at the moment with other stuff, notably building a chess website which started off as a simple blog and escalated to gargantuan proportions. I have told my clan leader also.
  2. Joined
    21 Jan '11
    Moves
    18 Sep '13 19:321 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    thanks, check out my friend NM Rene Phillips at the chess gym, probably the most compelling commentator ive heard on a chess video, it was him who inspired me to study chess.
    Cheers Robbie, and apologies if dragging this thread off topic a little, but where can one get more of Rene Phillips, this guy is great! 🙂

EDIT: found it; thechessgym.com, that wasn't too hard.. 🙂
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Sep '13 20:071 edit
    Originally posted by Murchu
    Cheers Robbie, and apologies if dragging this thread off topic a little, but where can one get more of Rene Phillips, this guy is great! 🙂

EDIT: found it; thechessgym.com, that wasn't too hard.. 🙂
    Ill post some more of his videos, they are hilarious, he talks of inviting Fritz into his own home where it beats him up in front of his wife and kids! 😀
  4. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    19 Sep '13 07:10
    I am not taking on any more games Tyger dude, sorry, once my present games are finished thats me, i am too busy at the moment with other stuff, notably building a chess website which started off as a simple blog and escalated to gargantuan proportions. I have told my clan leader also.
    I am also trying to cut the games. I am going to get a platinum membership on chess.com in addition to my sub here.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Sep '13 08:18
    I am also trying to cut the games. I am going to get a platinum membership on chess.com in addition to my sub here.
    I have a diamond one and i never use it, i have two games ongoing and have been on holiday in both of them for a month and a half. I don't know why i subscribed, i knew at the time i would not use the facilities that they offer. But if you have time to explore it might be a good thing.
  6. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    19 Sep '13 11:00
    I have a diamond one and i never use it, i have two games ongoing and have been on holiday in both of them for a month and a half. I don't know why i subscribed, i knew at the time i would not use the facilities that they offer. But if you have time to explore it might be a good thing.
    Do you prefer RHP or Chess.com?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Sep '13 12:03
    Do you prefer RHP or Chess.com?
    Hi, both have their pros and cons, for example you cannot play rated blitz at RHP, but the interface, if a little dated is easier. RHP does not have video instruction, chess.com does, RHP does not have a tactics trainer, chess.com does, but its a particularly bad one in my opinion, chess.com is very strict on cheats, RHP doesn't seem to care. The best thing about chess.com is the vote chess, where you can join a group that has vote matches and look at games and forward your ideas, these are supposed to be discussed and the move voted upon. If you get a group that is good, in that they discuss every move prior to voting then you get to pick up a lot of good ideas from stronger players.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 Sep '13 22:57
    Recently I have been trying out the dragondorf sicilian against 1.e4.
    I played the following game at chess.com, blitz 10 mins each.

[pgn]
    [Event "Blitz Chess"]
    [Site "Chess.com"]
    [Date "2013.9.18"]
    [Round "-"]
    [White "?"]
    [Black "?"]
    [Result "*"]
    1.e4 c5 2.Nf3 d6 { Standard open sicilian. } 3.Nc3 { Don't know this variation, they normally play d4 ...[text shortened]... .Rd1 Re2+ 35.Kg1 Be3+ 36.Bxe3 Rxe3 37.Rd2 Rce8 38.Rf2 Re1+ 39.Kg2 R8e2 0-1[/pgn]
    Impressive!
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 Sep '13 23:00
    Hey, Robbie. Any timeline of completion on your projects?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Sep '13 06:54
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Hey, Robbie. Any timeline of completion on your projects?
    Nah Great Bobs, i wish i was disciplined enough to state otherwise. 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree