1. Subscriberjb70
    State of Confusion
    Lancashire
    Moves
    26 Nov '23 17:18
    Mohamed Salah
    Declared he is addicted to chess.
    I looked at his games and he plays 3 minutes + 2 seconds games.
    So it seems his fast brain on a football pitch he can transver to fast thinking online chess.
    So he shows how he plays football.
    His 2 seconds thinking on the pitch is better than the opponent devenders 2 second think,
    So I think I he's addicted to demonstrating and reinforcing how fast his brain works
  2. Subscribermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    27 Nov '23 23:27
    @jb70 said
    Mohamed Salah
    Declared he is addicted to chess.
    So it seems his fast brain on a football pitch he can transver to fast thinking online chess.
    So he shows how he plays football.
    His 2 seconds thinking on the pitch is better than the opponent devenders 2 second think,
    So I think I he's addicted to demonstrating and reinforcing how fast his brain works

Yes - Rapid and blitz type time controls have become increasingly popular, while slower time controls such as G/90 or 40/90 seem to be going he way of buggy whips and hoop skirts. I guess this is OK, but I wonder if taking the time to look deeper into each position might be a good idea once in awhile.
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    28 Nov '23 12:33
    @mchill said

Yes - Rapid and blitz type time controls have become increasingly popular, while slower time controls such as G/90 or 40/90 seem to be going he way of buggy whips and hoop skirts. I guess this is OK, but I wonder if taking the time to look deeper into each position might be a good idea once in awhile.
    It is a different game in the end.

All in all times are chnaging and everything seems to be much faster...look at movies from the 70's and from today, much faster...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree