Multiplayer Chess Game Dec 7th 2013

Multiplayer Chess Game Dec 7th 2013

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Über-Nerd

Moves
17 Dec 13

Originally posted by lemon lime
If someone passes gas in his sleep, but no one there is awake to smell it, does it have an odor?

My insincere apologies, this question actually belongs at the Philosophy Forum. But seeing how there is no such forum... hmmm, maybe it should be asked at the Science Forum?
My standard answer to the question "If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?", is: if no one is there, is there a tree? Is there falling? A forest??

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
18 Dec 13

Originally posted by moonbus
My standard answer to the question "If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?", is: if no one is there, is there a tree? Is there falling? A forest??
Yes. There is a tree, a tree falling, and a forest. The first statement (in quotes) acknowledges the existence of those three conditions... and those conditions are not contingent on whether anyone is there or not.

When you start by saying "If a tree falls in the forest..." then you have established a tree, a tree falling, and a forest.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
18 Dec 13
1 edit

Making luft
Make your move, my little desert flower...

28...h5

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
18 Dec 13

Originally posted by lemon lime

28...h5
A tricky attempt by black. A move so good they made it twice. Technically this is a move out of turn AND an illegal move. Where have all the white players gone ? I'm going to have to move again soon or we lose by 3 day rule.

Moves
18 Dec 13

Not sure if this is right but a5

Über-Nerd

Moves
18 Dec 13

HikaruShindo has moved for White:

Black to move (not SG, who was the previous mover).

FL

Moves
18 Dec 13

I won't play until at least tomorrow in case a different Black player wants a go.

It will be interesting to put this one through Fritz when it's finished to see what we've missed. In particular I thought Black had a much better move than 26. ... Rc3.

Über-Nerd

Moves
18 Dec 13

Originally posted by Fat Lady
It will be interesting to put this one through Fritz when it's finished to see what we've missed. In particular I thought Black had a much better move than 26. ... Rc3.
I would be interested to read some post-mortem comments by the players.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
18 Dec 13

Originally posted by thaughbaer
A tricky attempt by black. A move so good they made it twice. Technically this is a move out of turn AND an illegal move. Where have all the white players gone ? I'm going to have to move again soon or we lose by 3 day rule.
Fair-weather players. 😞

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
18 Dec 13

Originally posted by thaughbaer
It wasn't a move, I was just putting the game up on this page so everyone could see it. But I did think about the pawn move before SG made that move, so if it's the thought that counts then...

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
19 Dec 13

Originally posted by Fat Lady
I won't play until at least tomorrow in case a different Black player wants a go.

Well, yeah, he did. But my move still gets the job done.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
19 Dec 13

It's our move, people
So someone play something.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
19 Dec 13
1 edit

It seems no one wants to touch this one (including me) but since a move needs to be made...

g5

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
19 Dec 13

b4

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
20 Dec 13