Green Eyes

Green Eyes

Posers and Puzzles

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B
Not Gone Yet

STALKER ALERT!!

Moves
09 Dec 16

So an island is home to 100 greeneyed people. They are there against their will. The beings cannot talk, but they can understand words. They do not know what collor eyes they have, but there is a rule: if you can go to the nightwatchman and tell him what color eyes you have with proof, then you are free to go.
Of course, with all of the petitions for no greeneye slavery, the headwatchman makes a deal. 1 person can come in (you in this case) and tell all 100 greeneyed people 1 thing, but here's the catch. You can't tell them something they didn't already know. If you were the person coming in to talk, what would you say to set all of them free?

Read a book!

Moves
09 Dec 16

New handle I see. Did you mean Bungalow Joe?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
09 Dec 16

Originally posted by BongalloJoe
So an island is home to 100 greeneyed people. They are there against their will. The beings cannot talk, but they can understand words. They do not know what collor eyes they have, but there is a rule: if you can go to the nightwatchman and tell him what color eyes you have with proof, then you are free to go.
Of course, with all of the petitions for no ...[text shortened]... eady know. If you were the person coming in to talk, what would you say to set all of them free?
You wouldn't say anything because you are one of the beings that cannot talk.

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
09 Dec 16
2 edits

Originally posted by lemon lime
You wouldn't say anything because you are one of the beings that cannot talk.
I think he means you aren't one of the islanders but a liberator who lands on the island and want's to set the people free..
So you have to tell them something they don't know.
What about after taking photo's of all the islands occupants as proof you say to them "You all have green eyes"
Or "I recently saw a dead person who jumped out of a hot air balloon" and Andrew Kern can verify it!!
Or "I've just dragged my bruised and battered body to the edge of this field on this island which is called the green eyed people island and in my final dying breath I wish to tell you that you all have green eyes"

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
09 Dec 16
2 edits

Originally posted by venda
I think he means you [b]aren't one of the islanders but a liberator who lands on the island and want's to set the people free..
So you have to tell them something they don't know.
What about after taking photo's of all the islands occupants as proof you say to them "You all have green eyes"
Or "I recently saw a dead person who jumped out of a hot air ba ...[text shortened]... eyed people island and in my final dying breath I wish to tell you that you all have green eyes"[/b]
Oops, you're right.

Okay, I would say to those people "Look at one another, and if you see someone whose eyes aren't green point your finger at them like this."
"NO, your index finger! And yes, I know my eyes are blue... I meant look at everyone in your group."

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
09 Dec 16

Oops, you're right.

Okay, I would say to those people "Look at one another, and if you see someone whose eyes aren't green point your finger at them like this."
"NO, your [b]index
finger! And yes, I know my eyes are blue... I meant look at everyone in your group."[/b]
Don't understand what you're saying my friend.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
09 Dec 16
2 edits

Don't understand what you're saying my friend.
If no one points at anyone else, and you are one of the green eyed people, it would be proof that your eyes are green. I'm not sure if this would be proof the night watchman could accept, unless he was in the room with you and the 100 green eyed people. The fact that no one would be pointing to anyone else would have to be sufficient proof that all of their eyes are green and they all know it.

The goal is to set them all free, so with the watchman there as witness I would say:
"Look at one another, and if you see someone whose eyes aren't green point your finger at them..."

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
10 Dec 16

If no one points at anyone else, and you are one of the green eyed people, it would be proof that your eyes are green. I'm not sure if this would be proof the night watchman could accept, unless he was in the room with you and the 100 green eyed people. The fact that no one would be pointing to anyone else would have to be sufficient proof that all of the ...[text shortened]... ook at one another, and if you see someone whose eyes aren't green point your finger at them..."
I see. It's a bit like the interview puzzle with the black and white spots on the forehead.I can't remember the exact set up but the person who first identifies his spot does so by saying my spot must be (white or black )because we've been sat here for 10 minutes and nobody else has identified their spot yet.

B
Not Gone Yet

STALKER ALERT!!

Moves
10 Dec 16

Of course, with all of the petitions for no ...[text shortened]... eady know. If you were the person coming in to talk, what would you say to set all of them free?
sorry, let me clarify that.
Thay cant talk to anoter in any way. no secret codes or anything keik that.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
10 Dec 16
1 edit

Are night-watchman and head-watchman the same person?

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
10 Dec 16

More clarification please.
Do you mean you are one of the hundred, in which case the text should say tell all the other 99 people 1 thing?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
10 Dec 16

More clarification please.
Do you mean you are one of the hundred, in which case the text should say tell all the other 99 people 1 thing?
I don't see how that could work if none of the green eyed people are able to talk/tell/say anything.

Read a book!

Moves
10 Dec 16

If the green-eyed people cannot talk, how can they tell the watchman what color eyes they have?

B
Not Gone Yet

STALKER ALERT!!

Moves
11 Dec 16

Are night-watchman and head-watchman the same person?
irrelevant

B
Not Gone Yet

STALKER ALERT!!

Moves
11 Dec 16

Originalwly posted by HandyAndy
If the green-eyed people cannot talk, how can they tell the watchman what color eyes they have?
telepathically.