Green Eyes

Green Eyes

Posers and Puzzles

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
17 Dec 16
3 edits

Originally posted by BongalloJoe
but you can't communicate.
Pointing a finger at somebody counts as communicating.
And, mabye somebody wouldnt understand what everybody was doing, and mess it all up. There has to be a 100% certainty that everyone would get out.
The only person who can physically set them free is the night watchman.
Is this correct?

"The beings cannot talk, but they can understand words. They do not know what collor eyes they have, but there is a rule: if you can go to the nightwatchman and tell him what color eyes you have with proof, then you are free to go."

The 'you' talking to the group must be someone outside that group and not limited to the communication limitations of that group.
Is this correct?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
17 Dec 16
1 edit

but you can't communicate.
Pointing a finger at somebody counts as communicating.
And, mabye somebody wouldnt understand what everybody was doing, and mess it all up. There has to be a 100% certainty that everyone would get out.
I'm supposed to tell them something they already know.

So if I say, "Everyone you see in your group has green eyes" this would be true for each individual person in that group. Each individual person can see that everyone else has green eyes.

B
Not Gone Yet

STALKER ALERT!!

Moves
17 Dec 16

Originally posted by lemon lime

So if I say, "Everyone you see in your group has green eyes" this would be true for each individual person in that group. Each individual person can see that everyone else has green eyes.
i never thought of it like that, and it is a betted strategy than what i had found.

The riddel and answer was found here:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=98TQv5IAtY8

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
17 Dec 16

i never thought of it like that, and it is a betted strategy than what i had found.

The riddel and answer was found here:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=98TQv5IAtY8
I'll fast track your youtube link and look at it later today.

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
17 Dec 16

I have a conundrum that you won't find on you tube or anywhere else for that matter.
It's not the one I mentioned earlier that nobody took me up on but another one.
So let's see how good you are Andrew at solving these things:-
3 perfectly healthy people are in a room.
There are no other life threateaning living organisms of any description in the room
2 of the people feel reasonably certain that they are going to die in the room before long.
The 3rd person however has no such worries.
None of them are injured and the 2 people aren't under any threat from the third nor from each other, nor from any other person or creature outside the room.
What are the circumstances?

Read a book!

Moves
17 Dec 16

It's not information they already know, however.

You can't assume that each person on the island has looked into the eyes of every other person on the island before you deliver your message.

Each person has to discover, on his own, whether his eyes are green or some other color.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
17 Dec 16
3 edits

Originally posted by HandyAndy
It's not information they already know, however.

You can't assume that each person on the island has looked into the eyes of every other person on the island [b]before
you deliver your message.

Each person has to discover, on his own, whether his eyes are green or some other color.[/b]
"Everyone you saw at the train station etc etc" does not mean you saw everyone at the train station.
What I said was, "Everyone you see in your group has green eyes."
Each individual does not need to see all of the 99 others for one or more people to see someone whose eyes aren't green.

Edit: I'm assuming they know they are called the green eyed people, so all you would need to say is "You are the green eyed people." If I was a part of that group I would have green eyes. If I didn't have green eyes I wouldn't be there as part of that group.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
18 Dec 16

Aw crap, I give up.

Read a book!

Moves
18 Dec 16

What I said was, "Everyone you see in your group has green eyes."
Again, this is not necessarily something they already knew.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
18 Dec 16
2 edits

Originally posted by venda
I have a conundrum that you won't find on you tube or anywhere else for that matter.
So let's see how good you are Andrew at [b] solving
these things:-
There are no other life threateaning living organisms of any description in th ...[text shortened]... each other, nor from any other person or creature outside the room.
What are the circumstances?[/b]
Is there enough food water and air in the room for the people to survive for a long period of time?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
18 Dec 16

Originally posted by HandyAndy
Again, this is not necessarily something they already knew.
I'm done trying to figure this one out, so I clicked on the youtube link for the answer.

B
Not Gone Yet

STALKER ALERT!!

Moves
18 Dec 16
1 edit

Originally posted by venda
So let's see how good you are Andrew at [b] solving
these things:-
There are no other life threateaning living organisms of any description in th ...[text shortened]... each other, nor from any other person or creature outside the room.
What are the circumstances?[/b]
Well, from what I make of it, there are 2 parents in the room, and 1 baby. The parents know whats going on, but the baby has no clue. Therefore, the baby isn't concerned while the parents are.

Read a book!

Moves
18 Dec 16

I'll fast track your youtube link and look at it later today.

[youtube]98TQv5IAtY8[/youtube]
The video shows we had the correct answer, though Andrew wouldn't confirm it.

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
18 Dec 16

Well, from what I make of it, there are 2 parents in the room, and 1 baby. The parents know whats going on, but the baby has no clue. Therefore, the baby isn't concerned while the parents are.
Well that didn't take long did it!!
Well done.
The circumstances I imagined were the 3 people as mentioned above trapped in their basement after an earthquake with no food or water.

B
Not Gone Yet

STALKER ALERT!!

Moves
18 Dec 16

thry rhe airplaone- it makes more sense.