Big temp changes=big extinctions

Big temp changes=big extinctions

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MB

Moves
27 Jul 22

@beowulf said
China, Africa, India, Pakistan, South America, a few others...in that order.
Tell us all, who would you cull from the gene pool?
What would be your criteria? Stupid people? Unethical people? Random people? All people? All people but you?

Moves
27 Jul 22

@metal-brain said
Tell us all, who would you cull from the gene pool?
QAnoners, Magahatters, and RT-and-Rumblers. No hesitation whatsoever. Into the pool of nitric acid you go.

MB

Moves
28 Jul 22
1 edit

@shallow-blue said
QAnoners, Magahatters, and RT-and-Rumblers. No hesitation whatsoever. Into the pool of nitric acid you go.
I should have known you would support genocide.
If don't like people why do you live in the city?
Move to a rural area you retard.

Moves
28 Jul 22
1 edit

@metal-brain said
I should have known you would support genocide.
Don't use words you do not understand.

MB

Moves
28 Jul 22

@shallow-blue said
Don't use words you do not understand.
Move out of the city.
Do you realize that the majority of the world population live in cities? You are all packed like sardines in a tiny area relative to the rest of the world. That makes it easy to exterminate you citiots. A nuke would do it.

I live in the country near state land. I could walk miles through the woods without seeing a single residence. I might see a logger though. You need to get your wood from somewhere. You are welcome.

The world is not overpopulated. Before the cell phone I once had my truck break down and I had to walk miles to find a house to ask if I could make a phone call. It is all in your mind. I suggest you get out of the city for a while to go hunting or fishing or something. The world is not like the city.

Moves
28 Jul 22

@metal-brain said
Move out of the city.
Don't assume things you know nothing about.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
28 Jul 22

@Shallow-Blue
But that is his gift.....

MB

Moves
03 Aug 22

@shallow-blue said
If you don't live in the city why do you think the world is over populated?
You don't understand farming so I doubt you live in a rural area. You thought they were all rich. If they were rich they wouldn't need to farm and would have nothing to complain about. They only wish they could turn their farm into a tree farm and make a living.

You live in the city. It is obvious. You think like a city person.

Moves
03 Aug 22

@metal-brain said
If you don't live in the city why do you think the world is over populated?

MB

Moves
03 Aug 22

@shallow-blue said
Do you deny you live in the city?

Moves
04 Aug 22

@metal-brain said
Do you deny you live in the city?
You really are bloody slow to grasp the fundamentals, aren't you?

No, I'm not going to give you more ammunition to futilely attempt to insult me with.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
04 Aug 22

@Shallow-Blue
Another one of his 'gifts'.

Planet Rain

Moves
04 Aug 22
4 edits

@beowulf said
@jimm619

I didn't change my mind.
Global Warming would still be happening even if we didn't exist.
Why don't you learn about the drastic temperature changes our planet has went through?

I said the only thing that concerns me is any potential viruses locked in the ice getting out.

Why are you so dumb?
The point that always seems to be lost on anthropogenic climate change denialists is that the fumes of human activity are precipitating an extremely rapid change in climate that outstrips the ability of most species to adapt. So yes, while climate changes naturally over time, such natural change generally occurs over thousands or millions of years. Extinctions occur still, but to a much lesser extent. Humans have proven they can keep up with purely natural climate change, for the most part.

Now, we have huge cities built along coastlines, so a sudden change in climate can cause places where hundreds of millions live to become unlivable in the span of just a few generations. Natural climate change, again, progresses very slowly, and since cities are largely rebuilt every two or three centuries, at most, they can usually keep up. So, if we are instrumental in accelerating changes to the planet to an extent that causes the climate itself to alter significantly in the span of a single human lifetime, then we are acting as our own worst enemy. Do you see the problem?

So the real question is: why the rabid resistance to the very idea that humans can change the climate? Yes, yes, there are the ho-hum tropes about some global conspiracy to establish world communism, or to at least exercise government control of people. You show me where this Star Chamber of Illuminati lives that has the magical power to control the messy affairs of human history with such granular precision, and I'll eat my hat. Facts are facts: scientists are not talking about climate change to steal people's freedoms, and the very notion is absurd on its face.

But let's get serious. To mitigate climate change we merely need to do the things that we should be doing anyway if we want to live with clean air, clean water, arable land, sustainable fuel sources, and more efficient economies. I can understand the quibbling over how to best realize these goals, but the denial of the science behind anthropogenic climate change appears to be the product of political propaganda that for the most part originates in the US -- the main engine of climate change today, and by no small coincidence the home base of the fossil fuel industry's most powerful players.

So anyway, I think it is the wise choice for humanity to embrace renewable energy sources and have a thought toward making economies sustainable. The easy choice, which is not the wise choice, is simply to object to every proposal to amend the way in which we live so that we leave the world in better shape than we found it in when we were born. Have a care!

MB

Moves
06 Aug 22

@shallow-blue said
You really are bloody slow to grasp the fundamentals, aren't you?

No, I'm not going to give you more ammunition to futilely attempt to insult me with.
You are a cidiot.
Do you believe in cow tipping?

MB

Moves
06 Aug 22

@soothfast said
The point that always seems to be lost on anthropogenic climate change denialists is that the fumes of human activity are precipitating an extremely rapid change in climate that outstrips the ability of most species to adapt. So yes, while climate changes naturally over time, such natural change generally occurs over thousands or millions of years. Extinctions occu ...[text shortened]... live so that we leave the world in better shape than we found it in when we were born. Have a care!
"The point that always seems to be lost on anthropogenic climate change denialists is that the fumes of human activity are precipitating an extremely rapid change in climate that outstrips the ability of most species to adapt."

That is not true. First of all, the earth is not warming rapidly. Cities are because of the heat island effect. Ask the alarmists what the temps are in rural areas.

Second, the earth has undergone rapid changes in temp before and most species adapted to it surprisingly well.

https://www.science.org/content/article/why-536-was-worst-year-be-alive