1. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 17:45
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Seriously Robbie, do they not have fans in Scotland? Does the wind not blow in Scotland?
    fans? clearly you have never been to the frozen North.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 17:461 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    The effect is increased if you put your arm out the window and wear sunglasses.
    hey Wolfie I was watching a film, the Tracker 1998, was set in New Zealand, scenery was absolutely stunning. πŸ˜€
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Jun '15 10:28
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    He would probably work up a bit of a sweatπŸ™‚
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Jun '15 10:53
    Also not mentioned is the greenhouse effect. A closed vehicle is essentially a greenhouse and will get warmer inside than it is outside. Opening a window allows the cooler outside air to be exchanged with the warm inside air.
  5. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    15 Jun '15 20:13
    The effect is increased if you put your arm out the window and wear sunglasses.
    And increases further in direct proportion to the volume of the music.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Jun '15 21:10
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Also not mentioned is the greenhouse effect. A closed vehicle is essentially a greenhouse and will get warmer inside than it is outside. Opening a window allows the cooler outside air to be exchanged with the warm inside air.
    Sounds like Scotland could use a bit of global warming.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Jun '15 21:35
    If the Scots want to be warmer, they should mover further south. Global warming might raise the global average temperatures by a few degrees, but given that Scotland is already considerably warmer than its latitude would suggest, there is a good chance it could get colder not warmer if weather patterns change.
    In addition, if it got warmer, many native species would suffer as a result. Of course the Scots have already pretty much ruined the environment just like most of Europe, so I guess it doesn't matter all that much.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Jun '15 22:08
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    If the Scots want to be warmer, they should mover further south. Global warming might raise the global average temperatures by a few degrees, but given that Scotland is already considerably warmer than its latitude would suggest, there is a good chance it could get colder not warmer if weather patterns change.
    In addition, if it got warmer, many native s ...[text shortened]... uch ruined the environment just like most of Europe, so I guess it doesn't matter all that much.
    If the Scots want warmth, leave Scotland. Then they wouldn't be Scots.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Jun '15 08:04
    yes, we shall take all the global warming you can give us!
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    16 Jun '15 08:05
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    hey Wolfie I was watching a film, the Tracker 1998, was set in New Zealand, scenery was absolutely stunning. πŸ˜€
    Yes we have some beautiful country.
    Not seen The Tracker
    but surely everyone has seen Lord of the Rings! 😲
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Jun '15 08:111 edit
    Yes we have some beautiful country.
    Not seen The Tracker
    but surely everyone has seen Lord of the Rings! 😲
    I have not seen Lord of the Rings I cannot bring myself to watch Hollywood, its insults my intelligence, I feel myself getting more dumb frame by frame. Tracker on the other hand is a UK/New Zealand collaboration, a real art film and well worth watching, just for the scenery alone. πŸ˜€

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracker_(film)
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 Jun '15 10:37
    If the Scots want warmth, leave Scotland. Then they wouldn't be Scots.
    Well if the name is more important to them than the temperature they can stay put.
  13. Standard memberblinky100
    blinky100
    Jefferson, Md.USA
    Moves
    18 Jun '15 04:371 edit
    Just found this portion of the site...been a member for 7years but never really explored that much. Your observation about being liquid cooled is correct to a point. It depends on the relative humidity. Take a/c in the us southwest. Because the relative humidity is so low you never appear to sweat as the sweat evaporates as quickly as it is formed and therefore you never get any cooling effect. A/c can only drop ambient temp by 40 degrees, so if ambient air temp. is 115 degrees...that's 75. t
  14. Standard memberblinky100
    blinky100
    Jefferson, Md.USA
    Moves
    18 Jun '15 04:431 edit
    Sorry...not enough characters allowed in field to finish my last post. As I started to say that is why they use what is called swamp chiller's. Nothing more that cool atomized water blown at you with gigantic fans. The water saturates your skin and the air movement causes evaporation to occur thereby cooling you. Low RH is also why heat stroke is so dangerous out there as you don't realize how much you are actually sweating!!!!
  15. Standard memberblinky100
    blinky100
    Jefferson, Md.USA
    Moves
    18 Jun '15 04:49
    But the LOTR is NOT Hollywood...read the book. Your imagination is better than any movie could possibly be...although I must admit the3 movies do render a very good interpretation of what the book tries(successfully)to convey!!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree