Evidence of an imminent zombie apocalypse

Evidence of an imminent zombie apocalypse

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
15 Dec 16

Published yesterday in the prestigious New England Journal of Medicine

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1610300#t=article

"The patient had no focal neurologic findings and no hyperreflexia or increased muscle tone. His overall score on the Glasgow Coma Scale was 13 (scores range from 3 to 15, with 15 being normal); his scores for eye response and for verbal response were 4, and his score for motor response was 5. He had intermittent periods of “zombielike” groaning and slow mechanical movements of the arms and legs."

Sounds like a real life X-files episode. Maybe we were right to ignore climate change, given that we're all doomed anyway.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
16 Dec 16

Originally posted by wildgrass
Published yesterday in the prestigious New England Journal of Medicine

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1610300#t=article

"The patient had no focal neurologic findings and no hyperreflexia or increased muscle tone. His overall score on the Glasgow Coma Scale was 13 (scores range from 3 to 15, with 15 being normal); his scores for eye ...[text shortened]... files episode. Maybe we were right to ignore climate change, given that we're all doomed anyway.
Gawd darn, lucky y'all got guns, innit.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Dec 16
4 edits

Originally posted by DeepThought
Gawd darn, lucky y'all got guns, innit.
Yep...I love me some guns!

Just think, if you were turned into a zombie you would finally percieve the world through the lens of the common man. That ought to be high up there on your wish list...you know...because of how lonely it must be, being that your so intellectually superior to the general populace and all...

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
17 Dec 16
1 edit

Originally posted by joe shmo
Yep...I love me some guns!

Just think, if you were turned into a zombie you would finally percieve the world through the lens of the common man. That ought to be high up there on your wish list...you know...because of how lonely it must be, being that your so intellectually superior to the general populace and all...
Hey man, it's no joke. It is lonely at the top.

There are so few of us, and we have very little empathy for our own kind... it's awful. 😞

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
18 Dec 16

I'm relieved that he isn't a fast zombie. whew

w

Moves
19 Dec 16

Originally posted by apathist
I'm relieved that he isn't a fast zombie. whew
Also a relief that it's not a pathogen so he can't infect others.

But with enough drugs in the system, conceivably the zombie phenotype could be transferable with a bite.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
20 Dec 16

Originally posted by wildgrass
Also a relief that it's not a pathogen so he can't infect others.

But with enough drugs in the system, conceivably the zombie phenotype could be transferable with a bite.
Hey, that might make a great TV show......