misrepresentation of scientific concepts

misrepresentation of scientific concepts

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
02 Apr 15

Originally posted by Metal Brain
I agree. Beauty is average though. We are all genetically programed to be attracted to average characteristics. Have you ever considered that this attraction to average is not only physical but also applies to intelligence to some extent?
Have you ever heard a woman say she is attracted to intelligent men only for her to choose a guy of average intelli ...[text shortened]... ce does not always result in success. Most successful people are of average intelligence, right?
No, not at all, I disagree.

Moves
02 Apr 15

Originally posted by Metal Brain
I agree. Beauty is average though. We are all genetically programed to be attracted to average characteristics.
Bollocks.

I'd rather stay single than have a relation with a "normal" woman. Boring, boring, boring. You might as well play Ludo instead of chess.

K

Germany

Moves
02 Apr 15
1 edit

Originally posted by DeepThought
Do you mean the Cøpenhagen Interpretation? That is the standard interpretation of quantum theory. This is actually a reasonable one for laypersons to get wrong as the Cøpenhagenists like to portray the Cøpenhagen interpretation as being Quantum Mechanics. When Everett first mooted his many worlds interpretation he was told that it should predict all t ...[text shortened]... y thing since I always thought it was experiment theories had to agree with, not other theories.
Just to comment on an extremely vital aspect of your post: if you want to get fancy with your ø's, the Danish spelling is København. However, the place has a perfectly valid English name, Copenhagen, which you should use when writing in English.

Edit: oh damn, someone was ahead in the nitpicking queue.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
02 Apr 15

Originally posted by FabianFnas
You write well, and I have nothing to complain about of what you write.

But, just a detail that doesn't look right in my Scandinavian eyes:

The capitol of Denmark is Copenhagen (in English) or Køpenhavn (in Danish). Don't use the ø where it doesn't belong.

But everything else that you write I read with most interest!
Normally I wouldn't, but having worked out how to get unicode characters I'm using them at the slightest excuse.

MB

Moves
03 Apr 15

Originally posted by Shallow Blue
Bollocks.

I'd rather stay single than have a relation with a "normal" woman. Boring, boring, boring. You might as well play Ludo instead of chess.
Perhaps you come from a long generation of exceptionally intelligent people. Average intelligence may be higher than the general average in your pedigree. Perhaps that is reflected as a different average for your family when it comes to attraction.

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
03 Apr 15

50% off at Kohl's actually saves you 50%

Two for one actually is a great deal that equates to half off, or in a sense, two for one

We'll also send you this for free when you purchase that

or even worse, we'll send this to you absolutely free and you pay only shipping and handling

and, of course, if you aren't 100% satisfied, you get a full refund (minus shipping and handling)

Wrong thread? 😉