1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Feb '16 12:38
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I wonder how far up the chain of command went as to the thought that Japanese fliers were incompetent? Times have changed,eh.

What is the history of the Chinese in the south China sea? Is there some ancestral claim they are using to build those Islands and such or is it just their Go game in action, seeking the wealth like oil fields and such.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Feb '16 15:32
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Do you think the conspiracy theory about Pearl Harbor is true? You know, where FDR allegedly was told about incoming planes and such or had knowledge days in advance somehow but let the attack commence anyway to goad the US public into accepting the declaration of war against Japan?
    Surely he couldn't have stopped the attack even with advance warning, and he could have prepared pearl harbour to better defend against the attack without it having any less likelihood of resulting in war. Withholding such information simply doesn't make sense.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '16 18:221 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '16 19:18

5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Feb '16 17:19
    Sure, I am ignorant of most political intrigues. Having said that, are you saying the US is responsible for all the ills of the world? The US gets nothing right, always wrong?
    I assume therefore, you think the world would be better off if the US just disappeared from the planet.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Mar '16 02:23

7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Mar '16 15:40
    It is already well known the US is in decline. That seems pretty clear. I guess, being heavily involved in my little tech world, I will remain ignorant of main issues, but I do listen to BBC and CBI, I suppose you would say they (UK and Canada) are just as biased. Aside from going back to school and majoring in political science, I don't see much hope for me changing any time soon.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Mar '16 21:34

9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Mar '16 23:00
    Yep, no more talk from me.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Mar '16 01:45

11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Mar '16 12:39
    It's funny, we here at RHP really joined to play chess, so I have hundreds of games here, it has raised my level of play somewhat. Why do you bother posting here? You express disdain at the players you think are using engines and that is your excuse for not playing.

So it seems the only thing keeping you here are the forums.

What benefit do you derive from your continual put down of people who are clearly asssholes?

I would think after the 20th time of saying Normbenign is a pathological liar, you wouldn't need to keep saying that, everyone here knows your position, yet you continue to deride this person who admittedly is a bit prejudiced no doubt.

I have said you have modified their position and so maybe have done some good in that but there comes a point when the 21st, 22nd, 23rd statement of his pathology is going overboard.

It seems you derive pleasure in attempting to bring people like that down because it build up your sense of moral outrage at their expense.

There is nothing you can do that will change their basic stance, even though I see some moderation of their talk.

It seems to me you are writhing in self pity, not being someone like Judit Polgar who fully realized her talent.

I am sure you got your face slapped about women and achievements and so forth but someone like Suzianne has dealt with far more trauma than you and has seemingly come out a stronger person.

Have you come out as a stronger person as the result of the trauma's of your life?

You are gifted, no doubt. But instead of using your gifts to build up humanity you come here on the warpath tilting at windshields so to speak.

You feel no responsibility to actually help those with lesser talents but seem to thrive in driving people down to build up your own ego.

I am 74 years old and have seen a lot more of this planet than you ever will. Yet all I get from you is how ignorant I am, even though I have had life experiences far outside your own.

I offered you friendship, just an easy going relationship, nothing super special. I gave you my real name in PM and showed you the link to myspace where I have several of my own musical compositions, but I bet you ignored all that thinking I am not worth the time of day.

I don't think you know what real friendship is, living your life in your own internal talented world where you need nobody.

My little tech world has literally taken me around the world, for instance as a student studying the Apollo equipment I was charged with, atomic clocks and the transponder on Apollo that gave the distance to the craft, admittedly minor roles. But as a student I was thrilled with being charged with the task of finding mars in the sky in daylight, aiming a radio telescope at Mars, finding the correct frequency of a Mars probe in orbit and locking on to that little craft. It was the thrill of a lifetime to do that. I imagine it would mean not much to you, having much better targets to attack.

Or at Autek having to map out out a flight plan for a search and rescue aircraft, guiding it on the map I made following the plane with radar and giving him course corrections to keep him on the path I drew out.

Not much to you I would assume.

Do you ever have the sense of wonder at anything in this world? When was the last time you looked in awe at a bright moon?

Looked with awe at a galaxy through a telescope?

I told you once I would attack a rapist on the spot if I saw that happening but all I got from you is I could not possibly have the moral courage to do such a thing,

One thing that did happen to me was on vacation in Canada with wife and 10 year old son, came across a wrecked truck on its side. I stopped to see if there was anything I could do and saw there were 10 or more people milling around the truck doing nothing, I also noticed fuel leaking out of the fuel tank and onto a hot engine and all I could think about was the thing catching fire and then noticed the driver was trapped inside, trapped by the passenger seat that had broken loose, pinning him tightly in the space by the windshield.

I saw everyone just staring with blank expressions on their faces doing nothing, what, waiting for blood or some such?

I looked at that situation and realized that the driver had to be helped out of the truck but I couldn't just break the windshield from the outside because it would get glass in his eyes no doubt because his arms were pinned unable to move.

So I started climbing the side of the truck, which I can tell you, looks monstrously large if you have to climb on one lying sideways on the ground but I got up to the passenger side window and had to pull off the heavy seat pinning him in but he was still pinned by other stuff on top of him.

It was at that point that I started breaking the window open, this time from the inside where the glass flew out not in and I was able to free him from his prison.

I did all that without thinking, without even a thought of reward and when he got out and was unharmed, we all left.

My wife said that was a good object lesson for my son, which had not even occurred to me because all I could see was a bunch of asssholes standing around doing nothing while a life hung in balance.

So I reiterate I WOULD attack a rapist if there was any way I could get to him.

It is clear you don't feel me worthy of friendship and so be it.

I asked you about your career on stage and singing and such but you deigned not to even reply to that.

I have played on stage many times with an Irish band I used to play in, some very large audiences and my band got hired to do the music for a nationally televised show so I have been seen by millions of people and I am rather talented in music, no Mozart but I have written a lot of music, some of which is on Myspace but you are too full of yourself to have deigned to listen.

So be it.

I have a lot more I could say but I don't get a lot of time, because of the commute and job and basically invalid wife.

I expect you don't even believe any of that either.

Fine, I have gotten through 74 years of life and have many grandchildren, a disproportionately large number of them in gifted programs so I don't need much in the way of more human companionship.

So I assume you will continue in your quest to bring down the asssholes here and no doubt now I am just another one of those but so be it.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Mar '16 22:383 edits

13. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Mar '16 22:442 edits

14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Mar '16 23:22
    I see a lot in the bits of my post you didn't answer. I hope we can continue a dialog, I have said my piece and still regard you highly. I had to unload some frustrations. One being you never answered me about your artist side. I value art more than science, even though that is what I have been doing for 50 years. You seem to have plenty of time to deride the cretins here but zero time to listen to a few minutes of my music.

I get it. You don't want to be friends. That is clear. BTW, I have given up trying to talk sense into Hinds. I think your blood pressure would be better if you gave up on the cretins you call pathological liars. It does you no good medically to have your blood boil like that at people who probably think it just entertaining.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Mar '16 23:351 edit

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree