This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 22:50
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Who gives a flying crap about that shyte, 2000 year old crap. The CO2 crisis is here and now. And you continue to bring religion into the science forum in spite of you saying many times it is inappropriate to do this here. Great move, Sherlock.
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 03:091 edit
    I had a coworker for a few years during the last Bush administration who was the most Left-wing person I have been around on a regular basis. Among her beliefs:

Some white people invented HIV to kill black prison inmates.
    Nobody walked on the moon.
    The LAPD framed OJ Simpson.
    President Bush will defect to some South American country on his final day in office to dodge a war crimes trial.
    Childhood vaccinations cause __________. (Can't remember what, but it may have been autism.)
    All the test animals died when exposed to cellphone radiation at some lab.
    The Trinity concept was introduced into Christianity for some nefarious purpose. "You can't find that in the Bible." (She also was proud that she never tithed as a churchgoer, insisting the tithing concept is not to be found in the Bible.)

Not in the conspiracy theory category, but odd to me, she believed that a certain jungle tribe where they jump from trees with a vine bungee tied to the ankle have such good vision that they can see a planet orbiting around some star other than our Sun with naked eye. She also insisted that a hijacked passenger jet crashed into a school "near Chicago" when she was living in Chicago.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 05:17
    The evolution conspiracy unmasks fraudulent cover-ups, wild speculations, and deceitful myths that have been presented as the absolute "facts" of evolution.

YouTube
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 06:43
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The evolution conspiracy unmasks fraudulent cover-ups, wild speculations, and deceitful myths that have been presented as the absolute "facts" of evolution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH_mwwSizeM
    You really have to know how to spell evilution, Jonah. It is spelled with an 'i'. So sais al creational sources in the matter. Have you difficulties with spelling?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 07:04
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    You really have to know how to spell evilution, Jonah. It is spelled with an 'i'. So sais al creational sources in the matter. Have you difficulties with spelling?
    No.
  7. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 07:23
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac II
    I had a coworker for a few years during the last Bush administration who was the most Left-wing person I have been around on a regular basis. Among her beliefs:

Some white people invented HIV to kill black prison inmates.
    Nobody walked on the moon.
    The LAPD framed OJ Simpson.
    President Bush will defect to some South American country on his final ...[text shortened]... at a hijacked passenger jet crashed into a school "near Chicago" when she was living in Chicago.
    Maybe left-wing is not too descriptive of all that? Hm? Just saying.
  8. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 07:27

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH_mwwSizeM
    It's amazing how well your post fits into this thread.
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 08:57
    No.
    Then why don't you spell evilution with an "i" and evolution with an "o". Is it that hard?
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 12:07
    Originally posted by C Hess
    What the hell are you talking about? Taxes and stuff. I thought this was about global
    warming. Are you one of those crazy people I've heard about? You must be, or so the voice
    in my head keeps telling me. Taxes, pffft, who can worry about taxes when our grand
    children's very future is at stake. 🙄
    Taxes are the proposed solution. Government wants our money and they will never propose strict efficiency standards instead. They can't get your money by doing that.
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 12:28
    Originally posted by humy
    CO2 helps plants grow.

Yes, esp extra amounts in greenhouses.
    Do you have something against plants growing well and producing more food for us?

No. Which is why I am all for stopping so much CO2 going into the atmosphere that it will cause floods, droughts and other extreme weather events plus sea level rise all of ...[text shortened]... text because, no matter how many they are, they can all be incorporated into the climate models.
    Nobody knows there will be more floods, droughts, hurricanes and tornadoes as a result of global warming. I know that is a popular theory but that is all it is.
    Unless someone from the future built a time machine and told you it will happen you have no way of knowing your warnings are anything but scare tactics to get you to accept a carbon tax that probably will not do much to reduce carbon emissions. Only strict efficiency standards will do that. The fact that only taxes are being considered instead of a real solution leads me to believe this is really about expropriation of money from the masses.

I support higher efficiency standards to reduce the burning of finite resources. It is the only real solution. As long as the gap between the rich and the poor is as wide as it is, taxing fossil fuels will fail in your goal. The rich will pay the tax and keep burning away.
  12. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 13:541 edit
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    Taxes are the proposed solution.
    I'm gonna state the obvious now. Brace yourself. The problem is not one to be solved by a
    profitdriven market. I know, I know, you don't recognise the problem, as such.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 14:531 edit
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    Nobody knows there will be more floods, droughts, hurricanes and tornadoes as a result of global warming. I know that is a popular theory but that is all it is.
    Unless someone from the future built a time machine and told you it will happen you have no way of knowing your warnings are anything but scare tactics to get you to accept a carbon tax that pro ...[text shortened]... is, taxing fossil fuels will fail in your goal. The rich will pay the tax and keep burning away.
    What do you mean "Will Be" more floods, etc.? There already ARE more floods and tornadoes, maybe you heard about the town in Alaska, Kivalina (that is already being flooded out by rising sea levels? I suppose that also is just left wing panic.....

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/27/us/27alaska.html?_r=0
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 15:20
    Originally posted by C Hess
    I'm gonna state the obvious now. Brace yourself. The problem is not one to be solved by a
    profitdriven market. I know, I know, you don't recognise the problem, as such.
    So you think raising taxes will solve the problem?
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 15:22
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    What do you mean "Will Be" more floods, etc.? There already ARE more floods and tornadoes, maybe you heard about the town in Alaska, Kivalina (that is already being flooded out by rising sea levels? I suppose that also is just left wing panic.....

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/27/us/27alaska.html?_r=0
    Do you also think raising taxes will control the weather?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree