Sea level rise

Sea level rise

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h

Moves
27 Nov 19

@wolfgang59 said
So you do not have a problem with banning
incandescent bulbs as it would make little difference.
Yes, I noticed that apparent inconsistency to.

h

Moves
27 Nov 19
3 edits

@wolfgang59 said
Infra-red bulbs would be more efficient which is what most restaurants use I believe.
Yes, I have seen some, and they wouldn't be the same kind of light bulbs we propose to ban. I propose only banning those inefficient types that are normally used for lighting, not heating, and nobody here implied the contrary. -Just one of his MANY straw mans. Obviously, the types that are normally used for mainly heating would be just fine because of it and we would have no problem with that.

MB

Moves
27 Nov 19

@humy said
Yes, I have seen some, and they wouldn't be the same kind of light bulbs we propose to ban. I propose only banning those inefficient types that are normally used for lighting, not heating, and nobody here implied the contrary. -Just one of his MANY straw mans. Obviously, the types that are normally used for mainly heating would be just fine because of it and we would have no problem with that.
"I propose only banning those inefficient types that are normally used for lighting, not heating"

Incandescent light bulbs are used for heating. You are contradicting yourself.

MB

Moves
27 Nov 19

@wolfgang59 said
Infra-red bulbs would be more efficient which is what most restaurants use I believe.
How much do they cost? Are they cost efficient?

MB

Moves
27 Nov 19

@wolfgang59 said
So you do not have a problem with banning
incandescent bulbs as it would make little difference.
I suppose so. I would just buy some and stock up. I could sell them later on the black market if there is a demand.

h

Moves
27 Nov 19
5 edits

@metal-brain said
How much do they cost? Are they cost efficient?
If they cost too much why do many if not most restaurants use them?
Many restaurants use them well before the ordinary inefficient light bulbs for homes, not the infra-red bulbs, started being phased out. So apparently they didn't cost too much even back then.

Here's one;
https://www.lightbulbs-direct.com/r125-infra-red-reflector-lamp-250w-bc-hard-glass-clear/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_byA5viK5gIVVeDtCh1d0QMTEAQYASABEgLDhvD_BwE
here it costs "£6.49" and its "250W".

For producing 250W of heat, £6.49 doesn't look particularly expensive! So what do you say is the problem here?

h

Moves
27 Nov 19
1 edit

@metal-brain said

Incandescent light bulbs are used for heating.
Not most of them. Most people that use them, and all people that I ever known of, don't use them for heating. Therefore a ban on those types will reduce energy wastage.

JW

Moves
29 Nov 19

The USA Immigration CRISIS!

MB

Moves
29 Nov 19

@humy said
Not most of them. Most people that use them, and all people that I ever known of, don't use them for heating. Therefore a ban on those types will reduce energy wastage.
You know of a light bulb for heating that is not incandescent?

h

Moves
29 Nov 19
1 edit

@metal-brain said
You know of a light bulb for heating that is not incandescent?
1, Yes. I have some in my home. Many light bulbs aren't incandescent.
Example;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LED_lamp
"...LED Light Bulb..."
"LED Light Bulb" just another name for "LED lamp"

2, Yet again you imply the straw man that I am against ALL types of incandescent, INCLUDING infrared ones that are only suitable for heating i.e. NOT lighting. OBVIOUSLY, I am not against the latter and it isn't the ban on the latter that is proposed, because the latter isn't what is responsible for energy wastage.

MB

Moves
29 Nov 19

@humy said
1, Yes. I have some in my home. Many light bulbs aren't incandescent.
Example;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LED_lamp
"...LED Light Bulb..."
"LED Light Bulb" just another name for "LED lamp"

2, Yet again you imply the straw man that I am against ALL types of incandescent, INCLUDING infrared ones that are only suitable for heating i.e. NOT lighting. OBVIOUSLY, I am not aga ...[text shortened]... ban on the latter that is proposed, because the latter isn't what is responsible for energy wastage.
Not for heating. LEDs are too efficient for heating. Nobody would use an efficient bulb for heating unless it was efficient at producing infrared light.

If infrared light bulbs are incandescent your argument is irrelevant. If they cost more than a standard incandescent bulbs your argument is also irrelevant.

h

Moves
29 Nov 19
2 edits

@metal-brain said
Not for heating. LEDs are too efficient for heating.
I did NOT say/imply that and you know it. Yet another new straw man of yours.
If infrared light bulbs are incandescent your argument is irrelevant.

No, it isn't. Because my argument was NEVER ban ALL incandescent bulbs but rather only the ones used mainly for lighting and NOT heating and YOU KNOW IT.-Yet another new straw man of yours which is yet another sign you know you have lost the argument.
If they cost more than a standard incandescent bulbs your argument is also irrelevant.
For x amount of heating, they don't cost more. I have already shown you a link that shows that. In fact, they per wattage, they usually cost LESS which is why people bought them even before the ones for light were being phased out.

MB

Moves
29 Nov 19

@humy said
I did NOT say/imply that and you know it. Yet another new straw man of yours.
If infrared light bulbs are incandescent your argument is irrelevant.

No, it isn't. Because my argument was NEVER ban ALL incandescent bulbs but rather only the ones used mainly for lighting and NOT heating and YOU KNOW IT.-Yet another new straw man of yours which is yet another s ...[text shortened]... ally cost LESS which is why people bought them even before the ones for light were being phased out.
"In fact, they per wattage, they usually cost LESS which is why people bought them even before the ones for light were being phased out."

I looked for some and they are expensive. Can you find some cheap online that I could buy?

h

Moves
29 Nov 19

@metal-brain said
"In fact, they per wattage, they usually cost LESS which is why people bought them even before the ones for light were being phased out."

I looked for some and they are expensive.
Not per wattage, which is what counts if its only for heating.

MB

Moves
30 Nov 19

@humy said
Not per wattage, which is what counts if its only for heating.
Prove it.

You have been refusing to believe any of my logical assertions for quite some time. I would think you would have learned I make a lot of sense by now and it isn't by following the crowd. Remember when I told you most of dark matter are black holes?

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/massive-black-hole-not-even-exist-discovered-174700666--abc-news-tech.html

From the link above:

"Searching for black holes has only become possible in the last few years, thanks to recent developments in telescopes and detectors.

But even with the new technology, the academy said it is still "like looking for the proverbial needle in a haystack."

You should stop underestimating me.