1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Apr '24 15:38
    @KellyJay
    It is just as easy to know exactly how far apart the time clicks are and software to do the rest. It's not rocket science, just arithmetic after the time difference is known.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Apr '24 22:23
    @sonhouse said
    @KellyJay
    It is just as easy to know exactly how far apart the time clicks are and software to do the rest. It's not rocket science, just arithmetic after the time difference is known.
    So it is whatever time we want it to be. ๐Ÿ™‚
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Apr '24 13:341 edit
    @KellyJay
    I guess you don't believe in General or special relativity. Time dilation is a fact, the faster you go, the closer to the speed of light you go, the slower time flows for you, I assume you have heard about the twin issue, one twin takes off on an interstellar journey, the other one stays home? So the astronaut spends 10 earth years in the ship going 99% of the speed of light and so that 100 light years he thinks took only a couple of years, everything in the ship is running on a slower clock. So say 2 years to get there, 5 years mucking about on the new planet, 2 years coming back, his clock says he spent 9 years on the journey, Earth folks tracking the ship (they have extraordinary tech๐Ÿ™‚ say 205 years went by from our viewpoint so his twin died 150 years earlier, the world has changed so far he doesn't even BEGIN to understand the changes, he is alone in the world 200 years behind times. And he aged only 25 years or so. A REAL stranger in a strange land.
    Can you imagine the reaction to a dude in century 18 being time warped to now? Light bulbs? Sewers? paved roads? Flying cars? People walking on the moon?
    He would shrivel up and suck his thumb in the corner of his room.....
    So you don't think that happens?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree