The Moon and Design

The Moon and Design

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
29 Jul 17

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
I think, deep down, he knows that to be true.
You mean, he knows he is a loser?
Or, he thinks that Solar Eclipse is intelligent design?
I think both.

I learnt the dynamics about Solar Eclipses when I was a child. Wasn't he? Did he only attend the sunday school, nothing more? Did he think that high school was the place to be high in?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
29 Jul 17

Originally posted by @fabianfnas
I think both.

I learnt the dynamics about Solar Eclipses when I was a child. Wasn't he? Did he only attend the sunday school, nothing more? Did he think that high school was the place to be high in?
Gosh, and to think some folks herein were humble-bragging just recently about how they were happy to see conversations extended without resorting to insult...

F

Moves
29 Jul 17

Originally posted by @freakykbh
Gosh, and to think some folks herein were humble-bragging just recently about how they were happy to see conversations extended without resorting to insult...
Then, what do you think about Solar Eclipses? Do they exist or are the idea planted by the government just to confuse the citizens?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
29 Jul 17

Then, what do you think about Solar Eclipses? Do they exist or are the idea planted by the government just to confuse the citizens?
Hot damn, that would be something if they could fake the ones I've seen in my lifetime!
It's one thing to fake the moon landings in a Hollywood basement, i.e., a controlled environment, but it's something else entirely to do it before a mass and live audience.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
30 Jul 17

Hot damn, that would be something if they could fake the ones I've seen in my lifetime!
It's one thing to fake the moon landings in a Hollywood basement, i.e., a controlled environment, but it's something else entirely to do it before a mass and live audience.
The Freak continues being a traitor to the USA.

mlb62

Moves
30 Jul 17

the moon is hollow

c

Moves
30 Jul 17

I think both.

"Learnt"?

Genius, lol.

F

Moves
30 Jul 17

Originally posted by @chaney3
"Learnt"?

Genius, lol.
Please, explain.

c

Moves
30 Jul 17

Please, explain.
Explain? Really?

Learnt is not a real word, yet you used it to define your intelligence.

Humble yourself, and we will get along just fine.

F

Moves
30 Jul 17

Explain? Really?

So you make this into a matter of language? My second language against your native language? Oh, I tremble.

What is your second language? Third? Forth? And you think you win the debate about an intelligent designer designed solar eclipses? Weak, I say, weak!

This is what I googled: "These are alternative forms of the past tense and past participle of the verb learn. Both are acceptable, but learned is often used in both British English and American English, while learnt is much more common in British English than in American English."

So you lost. Again! And again, again and again. And you will lose again, and you will always lose! You are a loser. And you just defined your own intelligence, or lack thereof.

h

Moves
30 Jul 17
9 edits

Learnt is not a real word, .
Since "learnt" IS in the English dictionary, in what sense is it "not a real word"?

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/learnt
"...learnt

verb
1. a simple past tense and past participle of learn.
..."

http://writingexplained.org/learnt-vs-learned-difference
"...Learnt and learned are two different spellings of the same verb...."

Thus "learnt" IS a real word and it is YOU, not him, that is clearly wrong here (as usual).

yet you used it to define your intelligence.
Humble yourself, ...

It is clearly YOU that needs to "Humble yourself" here (as usual) because it is clearly YOU that is wrong (as usual). HE was right.
So IF this, as you imply, defines "intelligence", then, if anything, it defines YOUR "intelligence" as being low; NOT his.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
30 Jul 17

Chaney made an error in assigning error to the person who used an unfamiliar form of an otherwise common word, learnt for learn.
Two posters have so little else to seize upon in terms of actual compelling arguments, they opt to make a federal case out of his syntax misunderstanding instead.
Content.
Let's focus on content, lest this place devolve into Debates.

h

Moves
30 Jul 17
12 edits

Chaney made an error in assigning error to the person who used an unfamiliar form of an otherwise common word,
No, he made the mistake of arrogantly moronically and ignorantly belittling someone for correctly using a perfectly familiar common word. Sorry! No excuse!
Two posters have so little else to seize upon in terms of actual compelling arguments,

No, two posters criticize someone for having so little else to seize upon in terms of actual compelling arguments that he moronically resorts to seize upon the use from a poster of common English word "learnt" ignorantly thinking it isn't a word;
-Shame on you for hypocritically supporting such appalling double-standards; but that is exactly what you made clear we should expect from you.
Let's focus on content,

in another post in the "is God logical" thread you said to me "I’m not going to debate ";
Yet more double standards; you say we should focus on content while refusing to do so yourself. Shame on you.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
30 Jul 17
1 edit

Explain? Really?

Did you actually take the time to look up 'learnt'? I guess not, it wasn't taught in your old jail cell.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/usage/learnt-vs-learned

c

Moves
30 Jul 17

Here's the deal:

Scientists (atheists) 'learnt' everything from Darwin, while wiser men, like myself, have 'learned' that they are wrong.