The morality of science.

The morality of science.

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
18 Aug 14

Originally posted by humy
[quote] Who is to say that Darwin was not weak himself? And what if the skillful surgeon has a heart attack during surgery? What if the many so-called "strong" suddenly or soon become weak due to mental illness, biological illness, nuclear related illnesses, simple criminal acts, life affecting accidents, and whatever else there is?

Humans are easily an ...[text shortened]... directly contradicting intelligent design (again, I can show links showing this on request ) .
ahhhh humbly bumbly, still beating up on the old Nazi drum, when you and I both know that your space program was infused with Nazi rocket scientists and the old Fuhrer himself actually was a firm advocate of Darwinian theory of evolution. Its why he employed euthanasia to people who were, 'unfit', why he went to war against the Slavs (reckoning that the Germans being racially and genetically superior) would 'overcome' the weaker Slavs. Ol Adolf was the biggest advocate of Darwinian evolutionary theory in history, he went so far as to actually attempt to practically apply it, with disastrous consequences.

h

Moves
18 Aug 14
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
ahhhh humbly bumbly, still beating up on the old Nazi drum, when you and I both know that your space program was infused with Nazi rocket scientists and the old Fuhrer himself actually was a firm advocate of Darwinian theory of evolution. Its why he employed euthanasia to people who were, 'unfit', why he went to war against the Slavs (reckoning that ...[text shortened]... ry, he went so far as to actually attempt to practically apply it, with disastrous consequences.
your space program was infused with Nazi rocket scientists and the old Fuhrer himself actually was a firm advocate of Darwinian theory of evolution.

How many times must I point this out to you? Must I explain yet again? The Nazis believed in Darwinian theory of evolution because they believed evolution was GUIDED BY GOD. Exactly which part of “GUIDED BY GOD” do you not understand?
Its [b[why[/b] he employed euthanasia to people who were, 'unfit', why he went to war against the Slavs

Not if you are referring to biological Darwinism that doesn't define “unfit” let alone says/implies anything about what we should do with the so called “unfit”. Yet again, you are deliberately confusing biological Darwinism with social Darwinism to make a straw man -and you fail because you don't fool anyone here.
It was clearly theists that commuted all the atrocities in WW2, not atheists and biological Darwinism, not to be confused with social Darwinism, had nothing to do with it. Only social Darwinism, that was invented by theists NOT atheists, had something to do with it.

rc

Moves
18 Aug 14
2 edits

your space program was infused with Nazi rocket scientists and the old Fuhrer himself actually was a firm advocate of Darwinian theory of evolution.

How many times must I point this out to you? Must I explain yet again? The Nazis believed in Darwinian theory of evolution because they believed evolution was GUIDED BY [b]GOD
. Exactly ...[text shortened]... . Only social Darwinism, that was invented by theists NOT atheists, had something to do with it.[/b]
So did Darwin belive the creator infused life into all living things. Does that make him a Nazi? No? Then your statement makes no sense and is a mere subterfuge for your governments nefarious bagging of Nazi scientists all high on the evolutionary hypothesis.

Keep your knickers on dude I am perfectly aware of how complicit so called theists were in fomenting war, but then again the Khmer Rouge only killed millions of people trying to set up an atheist state in Cambodia. But they dont count right? Perhaps we should talk about Albania instead?

h

Moves
18 Aug 14
2 edits

So did Darwin belive the creator infused life into all living things. Does that make him a Nazi? No? Then your statement makes no sense and is a mere subterfuge for your governments nefarious bagging of Nazi scientists all high on the evolutionary hypothesis.

Keep your knickers on dude I am perfectly aware of how complicit so called theists wer ...[text shortened]... ist state in Cambodia. But they dont count right? Perhaps we should talk about Albania instead?
So did Darwin belive the creator infused life into all living things.

No. He became an agnostic and he was never a Nazi.

The rest of your post is irrelevant.

rc

Moves
19 Aug 14
1 edit

So did Darwin belive the creator infused life into all living things.

No. He became an agnostic and he was never a Nazi.

The rest of your post is irrelevant.
who was it that said this gain?

Nevertheless all living things have much in common, in their chemical composition, their germinal vesicles, ... having been originally breathed by the Creator into a few forms or into one.

hmmm, have you read the origin of the species humbly? I have read half of it and it was enough for me to realise that its a very tedious book.

so by all accounts Darwin was according to your reasoning also a Nazi, he professing belief in evolution and a creator?

Cape Town

Moves
19 Aug 14

I have read half of it and it was enough for me to realise that its a very tedious book.
Its a pity you refuse to read something more modern on the subject.

h

Moves
19 Aug 14
7 edits

Nevertheless all living things have much in common, in their chemical composition, their germinal vesicles, ... having been originally breathed by the Creator into a few forms or into one.

hmmm, have you read the origin of the species humbly? I have read half of it and it was enough for me to realise that its a ...[text shortened]... in was according to your reasoning also a Nazi, he professing belief in evolution and a creator?

How the hell would I know who said “this gain”?
so by all accounts Darwin was according to your reasoning also a Nazi, he professing belief in evolution and a creator?

In the current context, that statement makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I just clearly said he was NOT a Nazi.

I will try and educate you on these few recorded historical facts one more time:

He believed there was a creator before he discovered evolution but then wasn't sure if there was a creator i.e. he became an agnostic after he discovered evolution.
Unlike the Nazis, he never believed that evolution must be guided by a god and, unlike the Nazis, he never believe that we morally should model the way we run our society on the brutality of nature including the brutality of natural selection killing off unfortunate individuals (which Nazis would claim to be "unfit" ) or races (which Nazis would claim to be "inferior" ) because that belief is the unscientific and theistic (remember, it was invented by the theistic Nazis and NOT atheists ) social Darwinism, NOT the scientific but not necessarily atheistic biological Darwinism.

I don't think I can explain the above any more clearly than that.
Do you STILL choose to be confused about this?
If so, which part of the above and how so?

rc

Moves
19 Aug 14
1 edit

who was it that said [b]this gain?

How the hell would I know who said “this gain”?

In the current context, that statement makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I just clearly said he was NOT a ...[text shortened]... t.
Do you STILL choose to be confused about this?
If so, which part of the above and how so?[/b]
I am not confused, my position is clear, Darwin was a Nazi, black boots, Totenkopf on his hat, Mien Kampf stuffed into in his back pocket, rocket scientists stuffed into the holds of the Beagle as he set sail for America.

h

Moves
19 Aug 14
2 edits

I am not confused, my position is clear, Darwin was a Nazi, black boots, Totenkopf on his hat, Mien Kampf stuffed into in his back pocket, rocket scientists stuffed into the holds of the Beagle as he set sail for America.
am not confused, my position is clear, Darwin was a Nazi,

Then your position is incredibly stupid. Everyone who isn't totally delusional including virtually everyone here on these forums and in the rest of the world knows he clearly wasn't a Nazi and he had nothing to do with building rockets and this is just from the well recorded rudimentary historical facts. You couldn't be much more delusional to choose to deny such very basic history.
You haven't provided any evidence that he was a Nazi so there is no reason to doubt the historical records on this matter and you endlessly confusing biological Darwinism with social Darwinism isn't evidence to the contrary as you repeatedly make out in your past posts but rather is just choosing to be confused so, actually, you are confused; and by choice.

rc

Moves
20 Aug 14
1 edit

am not confused, my position is clear, Darwin was a Nazi,

Then your position is incredibly stupid. Everyone who isn't totally delusional including virtually everyone here on these forums and in the rest of the world knows he clearly wasn't a Nazi and he had nothing to do with building rockets and this is just from the well recorded rudimen ...[text shortened]... posts but rather is just choosing to be confused so, actually, you are confused; and by choice.
Actually i thought it was quite imaginative, old Darwin on the Beagle flying the swastika with a hold full of Nazi rocket scientists polishing his black boots and Totenkopf on his way to NASA, which wasn't invented but still, it makes a good story.

w

Moves
22 Aug 14

If you read the Darwin quote I provided, Darwin acknowledges that the human species would be "better off" if society would expunge the "weak" and clear out the genetic pool.

However, he then goes on to say that we should not do this because it would be "evil".

I would, therefore, say that Darwin was no Nazi. The problem here is the vacuum left from atheism. If there is no God, there is no evil. If there is no evil, then to hell with any notion of evil. Let's try to create the master race no matter the cost to the "weak".

Cape Town

Moves
22 Aug 14

Originally posted by whodey
I would, therefore, say that Darwin was no Nazi. The problem here is the vacuum left from atheism. If there is no God, there is no evil. If there is no evil, then to hell with any notion of evil. Let's try to create the master race no matter the cost to the "weak".
Actually the problem is your inability to read. You concern was addressed earlier in the thread, yet you seem to have chosen to ignore it.
And Hitler and his gang were Christian by the way.

h

Moves
22 Aug 14

If you read the Darwin quote I provided, Darwin acknowledges that the human species would be "better off" if society would expunge the "weak" and clear out the genetic pool.

However, he then goes on to say that we should not do this because it would be "evil".

I would, therefore, say that Darwin was no Nazi. The problem here is the vacuum left from at ...[text shortened]... with any notion of evil. Let's try to create the master race no matter the cost to the "weak".
If there is no God, there is no evil.

An obviously false inference; why so? In what sense would there be no evil without a God? Evidence of evil includes the Nazi and those behind 9/11 -both groups were theists, NOT atheists. Certainly this is proof that believing that there is a God doesn't stop you being evil. How there being no God change the fact that they were evil and did evil acts?

rc

Moves
22 Aug 14
1 edit

I would, therefore, say that Darwin was no Nazi. The problem here is the vacuum left from at ...[text shortened]... with any notion of evil. Let's try to create the master race no matter the cost to the "weak".
Now isn’t that just interesting, ol Darwin there talking of the Nazi euthanasia program for expunging the 'weak' elements from our genetic pool! He wasn’t the first! the old Spartans used to leave you on the hillside to die!

rc

Moves
22 Aug 14

If there is no God, there is no evil.

An obviously false inference; why so? In what sense would there be no evil without a God? Evidence of evil includes the Nazi and those behind 9/11 -both groups were theists, NOT atheists. Certainly this is proof that believing that there is a God doesn't stop you being evil. How there being no God change the fact that they were evil and did evil acts?
oh humbly bumbly, consider the scientific data.

http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/atrox.htm

We've got Christians, Moslems, Buddhists and Atheists all butchering one another in the name of their various gods or lack thereof.