Blindfold chess feature

Blindfold chess feature

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i
SelfProclaimedTitler

Moves
26 Aug 08
4 edits

Since my main interest is OTB improvement I think that the blindfold chess feature would be terrific (making moves still possible but on a seemingly empty board). This is done on some other CC sites but who cares, I like this site the best. 😛

I think that would be fantastic addition to this already beautiful side which would help to improve visualisation/calculation abilities of many OTB oriented players.

I am not an expert in programming but I suspect that this feature might not be too difficult to do.

Rated or unrated, I really do not care.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
26 Aug 08

Originally posted by ivan2908
Since my main interest is OTB improvement I think that the blindfold chess feature would be terrific (making moves still possible but on a seemingly empty board). This is done on some other CC sites but who cares, I like this site the best. 😛

I think that would be fantastic addition to this already beautiful side which would help to improve visualisatio ...[text shortened]... that this feature might not be too difficult to do.

Firefox and greasemonkey plus Oroborus RHP scripts give this feature.

Other than that, perhaps... though it is hard to keep people honest if they want to glance at FEN positions and tell you they didn't.

P-

i
SelfProclaimedTitler

Moves
26 Aug 08

So that already exists as a firefox extension ?

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
26 Aug 08
1 edit

So that already exists as a firefox extension ?
Yes, requires greasemonkey and RHP scripts created by oroboris.

You can find a link to the scripts by finding Ragnorak posting, he's tiny urled a link in his forum location.

I believe Winboard has an option of hiding pieces also. Anyone could paste a pgn and be able to play blind.

P-

N

The sky

Moves
26 Aug 08

I think that would be fantastic addition to this already beautiful side which would help to improve visualisatio ...[text shortened]... that this feature might not be too difficult to do.

http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=98810&page=5#post_1854193 😛

i
SelfProclaimedTitler

Moves
26 Aug 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Nordlys
http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=98810&page=5#post_1854193 😛
Oh, thanks to both of you ! Nordlys, when in comes to knowing all the RHP (TFC) secrets you are like the living encyclopedia !

EDIT : eh, I thought you gave me the link to the scripts 😠

N

The sky

Moves
26 Aug 08

Oh, thanks to both of you ! Nordlys, when in comes to knowing all the RHP (TFC) secrets you are like the living encyclopedia !

EDIT : eh, I thought you gave me the link to the scripts 😠
http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/

i
SelfProclaimedTitler

Moves
27 Aug 08

Originally posted by Nordlys
http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/
Woooou ! 😲

Thanks 🙂

h

Moves
27 Aug 08

If using Firefox, just right-click on any image file on this website and choose 'block images from redhotpawn.com'. You're able to see the board without pieces, the highlighted squares for your opponent's last move, but nothing more than that. It's possible to undo this "see-no-images" via right-click on a page -> see page info -> permissions -> load pictures, allow.

Z

Moves
04 Sep 08

what would stop the other player from using a board to visualize the next move?
I think this would be more relevant in live chess, not correspondence chess

Moves
04 Sep 08

Blindfold chess sounds hard enough, but blinfold correspondance chess!!??

Ivan, good luck champ, you will need the memory of an elephant for this.

i
SelfProclaimedTitler

Moves
09 Sep 08

Originally posted by TheGambit
Blindfold chess sounds hard enough, but blinfold correspondance chess!!??

Ivan, good luck champ, you will need the memory of an elephant for this.
I have quite good memory but I lack some serious visualisation. You are right, too difficult for me at the moment. 🙁

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
14 Sep 08

I have quite good memory but I lack some serious visualisation. You are right, too difficult for me at the moment. 🙁
You are allowed to look at the PGN in text form, right?

I can do well for 10 or 15 moves... after that I am done.

P-

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
17 Sep 08

Originally posted by Phlabibit
You are allowed to look at the PGN in text form, right?

I can do well for 10 or 15 moves... after that I am done.

P-
WOW, IMPRESSIVE ! Good Job