Clan rematch option?

Clan rematch option?

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
30 Oct 15

How about an option to offer a rematch after a clan match ends?

The rematch option to challenge with the same players or it could start from the standard challenge set up.

The main rationale is that the clan that your clan just finished playing is likely to be an excellent choice for a challenge. It just saves you from making a lot of challenges that just sit there with no action.

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
14 Nov 15

Sorry for bumping this. It won't happen again, but I am sure that this is a good suggestion and just didn't get noticed by any clan leaders. I just want to give it one more try to see if it gets any support. Please consider this suggestion as I think that it has merit. There's certainly no harm in the option as no one would be forced to use it.

RIP Mghrn55

United States

Moves
15 Nov 15

Originally posted by coquette

The rematch option to challenge with the same players or it could start from the standard challenge set up.

The main rationale is that the clan that your clan just finished playing is likely to be an excellent choice for a challenge. It just saves you from making a lot of challenges that just sit there with no action.
Great Idea. Bring it to the General Forum and ask people to look here, or post what you wrote here in there, and with it, an invitation to come in here to discuss it. Or post the link for people to go to and see your idea's. People respect you in here. You will have no issues. 🙂 I will pass this on.

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
15 Nov 15

Originally posted by VESPIN
Great Idea. Bring it to the General Forum and ask people to look here, or post what you wrote here in there, and with it, an invitation to come in here to discuss it. Or post the link for people to go to and see your idea's. People respect you in here. You will have no issues. 🙂 I will pass this on.
Thank you! Great suggestion. 🙂

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Nov 15

Very interesting idea. Wouldnt work for my clan too much as i have my group on a set number of games and ratings tend to fluctuate a bit.

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
15 Nov 15

The idea has some merit cocky although there could be one or two pitfalls.
It could run into the recent policy change where you're not allowed to re challenge within seven days, or some of the players could have become unavailable for challenges while the recently completed match was in progress.
The best solution would be to re offer the challenge manually if conditions suit.
I sympathise with your frustration of challenges just sitting there with no response.
When I look, I always filter on "accepting challenges" and "challenges recent" before I start looking.This at least gives you the chance of avoiding the inactive clans if you don't go past page 2.
Thankfully it won't be my responsibility after next month as I'm handing over the leadership.

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
15 Nov 15

Originally posted by venda
It could run into the recent policy change where you're not allowed to re challenge within seven days, or some of the players could have become unavailable for challenges while the recently completed match was in progress.
The best solution would be to re offer the challenge manually ...[text shortened]... .
Thankfully it won't be my responsibility after next month as I'm handing over the leadership.
Gee, I didn't even have a clue that there was a limit on immediate rematches. I knew that was the case with ladder matches, but not clans. In fact, can't we have several clan matches going on with the same clans simultaneously? Wow, shows you how clueless I am. Maybe there's no point to this then . .. hmmm?

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
15 Nov 15

Originally posted by Silverstriker
Very interesting idea. Wouldnt work for my clan too much as i have my group on a set number of games and ratings tend to fluctuate a bit.
Sure, good point. Completely understandable. I think you are doing it right!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Nov 15

The best solution would be to re offer the challenge manually ...[text shortened]... .
Thats a shame as you have done a great job with your clan

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
15 Nov 15

Originally posted by Silverstriker
Thats a shame as you have done a great job with your clan
totally agree!

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
16 Nov 15

totally agree!
Thanks for the accolades you two.
I've done it for over 4 years now and as with most things I think it's time for a change.
Fresh idea's etc.
have you noticed the lack of clan activity this year?
We've finished in the top 15 on the list for the last 3 years and the lowest net points we've had is 261 in 2013.
This year we could achieve the same with around 200!!

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
16 Nov 15
1 edit

Gee, I didn't even have a clue that there was a limit on immediate rematches. I knew that was the case with ladder matches, but not clans. In fact, can't we have several clan matches going on with the same clans simultaneously? Wow, shows you how clueless I am. Maybe there's no point to this then . .. hmmm?
You're also only allowed a max of 3 live matches with the same clan now.

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
16 Nov 15

Thanks for the accolades you two.
I've done it for over 4 years now and as with most things I think it's time for a change.
Fresh idea's etc.
have you noticed the lack of clan activity this year?
We've finished in the top 15 on the list for the last 3 years and the lowest net points we've had is 261 in 2013.
This year we could achieve the same with around 200!!
I think you're right that the enthusiasm for clan matches has waned some this past year or so.