1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Jan '24 11:15
    Given the blatant practice of sandbagging of points carried over into January each year by the top 2 clans (once either realises they have either won or lost the year the points are sandbagged until the next year), there needs to be a simple close to each year along the following lines:-

on 31st December a simple program runs that looks at each open challenge and for all those challenges where the remaining games are 'nugatory' (Vespin/Rusty you will need to use a dictionary), the remaining games are set to void (ie treated as though the games had less than 5 moves), and the points awarded accordingly.

This wont stop the points sandbagging in entirety, but will for sure minimise the blatant practice of the top 2 clans in particular.

Dear Russ, this is a simple piece of code .... and there is plenty of time to implement this between now and 31/12/2024
  2. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    07 Jan '24 11:47
    Thank you for thinking about the problem and putting forward a suggestion.

I don't think this will hekp. Clan leaders will find a workaround. I ciould suggest some... As long as people are hard wired on winning, they will be creative...
  3. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    08 Jan '24 10:282 edits
    @anglian said
    Given the blatant practice of sandbagging of points carried over into January each year by the top 2 clans (once either realises they have either won or lost the year the points are sandbagged until the next year), there needs to be a simple close to each year along the following lines:-

on 31st December a simple program runs that looks at each open challenge and for all t ...[text shortened]... a simple piece of code .... and there is plenty of time to implement this between now and 31/12/2024
    This debate has been blundering along for years.
    You mention the "top two" clans.
    What you mean is the clans that appear highest on the net points list which is a flawed measure of a clans performance.
    Until we get a true measure of a clans performance to look at nothing will change.
    If it were the premier league and Arsenal played 50 games in a season while Liverpool only played 20 who do you think would be champions?
    The net points list is pointless.I fail to understand why players set so much store by it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree