1. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    06 Nov '23 11:51
    The quiestion arose elsewehere, but I can't find the thread now.

It was discussed here:

Thread 195795

You'll find that Russ said it was on his todo
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    16 Nov '23 08:11
    From the OP of the linked thread:

When someone replies to your post by quoting you, can we get a notification?

3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    16 Nov '23 11:071 edit
    Definitely coming...I'm aiming to get it included with new release. (Although I haven't coded it up yet). 13th down on the coffee stained scrappy piece of A4 paper that currently dictates my daily activities!
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    01 Mar '24 12:13
    This has now been implemented - but not in production. (Coming in the new upcoming update, as you have probably heard many times by now!).

If you reply or quote someone in a thread, they will receive a notification, and the notification will take them right to your post in the forums.

( Ref : Yesterday's post on X/Twitter Twitter thread of Work In Progress screengrabs )

Note : When beta testers get going on the new build, they will generate these notifications when replying to forum posts, but the users of the current production site will not - so a possible source of confusion until the beta is promoted to production.

As an aside, the notification system is much improved too, you can view notification and delete notifications in a pop out side panel without losing your current page.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree