Public beta

Public beta

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mosfellsbær, Iceland

Moves
25 Apr 13

Nice work, Russ. I can't wait to see it play out on Blitz. Love the PGN being so accessible too. I like to keep copies of my games elsewhere and that is really handy.

Will Blitz be getting a separate functional rating soon too, or is this update just focused on the UI?

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
25 Apr 13
1 edit

Originally posted by tomasino
Nice work, Russ. I can't wait to see it play out on Blitz. Love the PGN being so accessible too. I like to keep copies of my games elsewhere and that is really handy.

Will Blitz be getting a separate functional rating soon too, or is this update just focused on the UI?
The plan is to introduce blitz with no dependency on Flash. (Support for which is vanishing fast on most new devices.)

Phase 1, Match current blitz features. If the new version is stable, and people like it...then...

Phase 2, introduce a separate blitz rating, tables, etc..

I have prototyped the basics of this already.

Moves
25 Apr 13

buglet: conditional moves, promotion

On the old site, I have "Condition id 8", gameid=7354777
New site: "Condition d2-d1"

I found the new site less clear, as even though I had a Q selected, the board showed a pawn, and the text "Promote to undefined". I don't actually know how I should enter this sort of condition on the new site, so back to the old to do it, and then check the results on the new - shows a Q, but still has the same text.

Browser Firefox 20.0 on Unbuntu.

Buglet, as conditional moves are probably rare, and promotion even more so.

C

Wokingham

Moves
01 May 13

A "buggle"?