1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Apr '24 11:35
    Can we have a check flag to prevent non-subscribers from accepting new challenges?

Despite setting the game name to 'for subscribers only' I still get nonsubscribers accepting ..... is that something about nonsubscribers that they can't read English?!

If there was a check flag that excluded non subscribers that would be most helpful
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    21 Apr '24 11:46
    @anglian said
    Can we have a check flag to prevent non-subscribers from accepting new challenges?

Despite setting the game name to 'for subscribers only' I still get nonsubscribers accepting ..... is that something about nonsubscribers that they can't read English?!

If there was a check flag that excluded non subscribers that would be most helpful
    You don't say why you don't want to play against non subs.
    Surely playing against non subscribers who are trying out the site could encourage them to subscribe?
    I know there are players who take 12 games I think it is and then unsubscribe for a while to save money, but I don't think you're ever going to stop that.
  3. Joined
    19 Aug '12
    Moves
    21 Apr '24 17:23
    The thread title is really confusing "Restrict new games to subscribers". and the OP talks about people unable to read??? What about those who cannot construct sentences properly?

There is no option when creating a game to restrict who accepts your open invite.
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    21 Apr '24 18:11
    @anglian said

I don't understand what the issue is. You do not have to accept any challenge; any game can be unilaterally terminated with the first three moves.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Apr '24 00:12
    I don't want to play non-subscribers.

I open up 12 challenges at a time, and I specifically state in the description 'subscribers only'.

So, I assume people can read ... but out of 12 challenges I typically get 8 who aren't subscribers 😬

Yes, I know I can just delete the illiterates who can't read English ... but that's not the point ... its a waste of my time.

In any case, I only want to play subscribers because that's the way I recruit players to my clan πŸ™„

I've been able to recruit some really good players this way over the years πŸ˜€
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Apr '24 00:16
    @congruent

Nothing wrong with the grammar ... I specifically request 'subscribers only', but non-subscribers keep accepting .... so I want a simple check box that stops non-subscribers from accepting .... simple
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Apr '24 00:20
    @moonbus

'cos I'm fed up having to terminate 75% of the challenges I raise by non-subbies (whom I have nothing against) either facing to read or ignoring the description .....

But, yeah, I can terminate ... although usually I just stick in 'Archive' πŸ˜ƒ
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Apr '24 00:29
    @venda

Indeed, @venda, I didn't say why.

Arguably it's irrelevant 'why', and from a strict 'functionality' perspective my request is very simple (and it really is a simple coding change!)

I've explained why separately now

But you are right, I could be missing new players.... although it's difficult to know a player's real strength until they've been here a few years ....

But by playing me i'll have a good view .... found some really good players this year doing this πŸ˜‰
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    22 Apr '24 01:39
    @Anglian

Russ is working on an update now. You might suggest this to him directly.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree