1. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    26 Nov '23 10:09
    I am told that on another site it is possible to share clan leadership.
    Perhaps adopting such a system here could revive the number of active clans as it would spread the burden of having to find/vet potential challenges
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    26 Nov '23 13:30
    @venda said
    Perhaps adopting such a system here could revive the number of active clans as it would spread the burden of having to find/vet potential challenges
    Maybe...problem will be to interest players in clan games again.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Nov '23 22:211 edit
    @venda said
    It does indeed work very well some of the larger Teams have 2 or 3 co-captains. Only one player per Team though which makes it much easier for making challenges. As I told you, it would have been ok to mention who told you as it is a good system and only one player is allowed on a team CAN NOT play for multiple clans which saves work for the Team Captain and co-captains. Mine has 1 Captain and two co-captains with me being one of them. Much easier when you have players who are just playing for the one TEAM. My Team only has 30 players at this point, some teams are close to a 100 players. I am sure many of you know of the Site I am talking about, but I am not going to mention it.

-VR
  4. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    27 Nov '23 10:092 edits
    @very-rusty said
    It does indeed work very well some of the larger Teams have 2 or 3 co-captains. Only one player per Team though which makes it much easier for making challenges. As I told you, it would have been ok to mention who told you as it is a good system and only one player is allowed on a team CAN NOT play for multiple clans which saves work for the Team Captain and co-captains. M ...[text shortened]... am sure many of you know of the Site I am talking about, but I am not going to mention it.

-VR
    I don't completely follow what you are saying Bill.
    Do you mean every challenge only involves one player?
    That's not what i meant by co captains.
    What I thought was keeping the system as it is on here,but with the Captains rotating the chore of finding/responding to challenges say on a month by month basis or even discussing challenges.
    Perhaps Pondy is right though.The problem will be interesting players to play in clans
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    27 Nov '23 10:33
    As I get that:

* VR suggests that each player can only be member of one clan (staus: players cen be active for four clans). That rule would also facilitate the "clan rating" suggestion put elsewehere.

* Co-captaining is possible now. But only the assigned captain can issue or accept challenges. So Co-Capatining probbaly means suggesting slates and researching challenges. Venda's suggestion: Co-Captains with full Captaining powers.

* Clans have an upper limit of membership. But there are clans, where members routinely leave the clans after ammassing challenges (which they still play) and new members coming i after they worked off their load. My suggestion would be that members can only join the same clan once per year, which should at least dampen that practice , which is legal, but in my opinion is against the spirit of the clan system.
  6. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    27 Nov '23 10:52
    @ponderable said
    As I get that:

* VR suggests that each player can only be member of one clan (staus: players cen be active for four clans). That rule would also facilitate the "clan rating" suggestion put elsewehere.

* Co-captaining is possible now. But only the assigned captain can issue or accept challenges. So Co-Capatining probbaly means suggesting slates and researching challen ...[text shortened]... t dampen that practice , which is legal, but in my opinion is against the spirit of the clan system.
    I've sometimes wondered why some clans always seem to have a wad of members leaving.
    I agree that what you say is not in keeping with the spirit of the clan system.
    As I have said before though there will always be those who exploit any system for their own advantage
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Nov '23 15:24
    @venda said
    I don't completely follow what you are saying Bill.
    Do you mean every challenge only involves one player?
    That's not what i meant by co captains.
    What I thought was keeping the system as it is on here,but with the Captains rotating the chore of finding/responding to challenges say on a month by month basis or even discussing challenges.
    Perhaps Pondy is right though.The problem will be interesting players to play in clans
    I really don't consider one Person Clans a clan. A clan consists of more than one person. There are too many One Person Clans in my humble opinion.
    What I am talking about is co-Clan Leaders who have the ability to make challenges or take over for the Clan Leader if needed. It would help out the Clan Leaders work load.

-VR
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Nov '23 15:33
    @ponderable said
    As I get that:

* Co-captaining is possible now. But only the assigned captain can issue or accept challenges. So Co-Capatining probbaly means suggesting slates and researching challen ...[text shortened]... t dampen that practice , which is legal, but in my opinion is against the spirit of the clan system.
    I said the other site I am on has only one clan per player, instead of multiple clans, which works well, everything goes smoothly.

The Co-Captain in this case Co-Clan Leader can make challenges but doesn't have the Power the Captain has in kicking someone off of the Team/Clan or bringing a new person in.

On the site I am on you pay more for being a Co-Captain, I believe there are 3 different kinds of memberships you can get so it is a completely different system than we have here. I Just think the Co-Clan Leader is a good idea here on this Site to help the Captain to make up Challenges. Only the Clan Leader could accept new people or kick people if required. I'd love to see a change where a player could only play for one Clan. Might reduce the sandbagging.

-VR
  9. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    28 Nov '23 09:13
    @very-rusty said
    I really don't consider one Person Clans a clan. A clan consists of more than one person. There are too many One Person Clans in my humble opinion.
    What I am talking about is co-Clan Leaders who have the ability to make challenges or take over for the Clan Leader if needed. It would help out the Clan Leaders work load.

-VR
    Some if not most of the one person clans are so, because they ceased to exist.

Some one person clans never took off.

And we have at least one example of a clan, that had a lot of members over the time, but only one player ever played clan games. So this one is the one you are aiming at?

If the system is presumed to work there needs to be a mechanism to bring in new clans, and it would be difficult to set a condition that a clan needs at least three (or whatever number) persons to start it.
  10. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    28 Nov '23 10:03
    @very-rusty said
    I said the other site I am on has only one clan per player, instead of multiple clans, which works well, everything goes smoothly.

The Co-Captain in this case Co-Clan Leader can make challenges but doesn't have the Power the Captain has in kicking someone off of the Team/Clan or bringing a new person in.

On the site I am on you pay more for being a Co-Captain, I beli ...[text shortened]... ve to see a change where a player could only play for one Clan. Might reduce the sandbagging.

-VR
    Got it now.
    I mis interpreted what you were saying.
    Sorry about that.
    Not sure restricting a player to one clan would have much effect on sandbagging, but I don't think the powers that be are likely to introduce such a measure anyway.
    Therefore if such a proposal WERE made I think I would vote against it or at least abstain unless there was evidence to the contrary.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    28 Nov '23 20:141 edit
    @venda said
    Got it now.
    I mis interpreted what you were saying.
    Sorry about that.
    Not sure restricting a player to one clan would have much effect on sandbagging, but I don't think the powers that be are likely to introduce such a measure anyway.
    Therefore if such a proposal WERE made I think I would vote against it or at least abstain unless there was evidence to the contrary.
    This is what I said: What part do you not understand?

On the site I am on you pay more for being a Co-Captain, I believe there are 3 different kinds of memberships you can get so it is a completely different system than we have here. I Just think the Co-Clan Leader is a good idea here on this Site to help the Captain to make up Challenges. Only the Clan Leader could accept new people or kick people if required. I'd love to see a change where a player could only play for one Clan. Might reduce the sandbagging.

Again to sum it up one player per clan. Not Playing for Multiple Clans as we have here. Perhaps I didn't explain it plain enough? Not one person Clans. Example my Team has 31 players but can't play for any other Team. There are some Teams with over 200 members.

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree