Undo feature for posting

Undo feature for posting

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
21 Apr 23

Could it be made possible to undo errors [maybe consecutively working backwards] when typing? This would be useful especially when posting using a phone.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
356d

@fmf said
Could it be made possible to undo errors [maybe consecutively working backwards] when typing? This would be useful especially when posting using a phone.
So you want to do edits without them tallying up, is that it?

The feature is working as intended. You have a perfectly functional way to do what you want.

Australia

Moves
356d

@fmf said
Is the "preview post" tickbox not available on your phone?

F

Moves
346d

@kewpie said
Is the "preview post" tickbox not available on your phone?
I am talking about, let's say, typing something and then deleting it and then thinking better of it and having the option to undo that deletion. This is all before posting. It has nothing to do with editing a post after it has been posted.

F

Moves
346d

@suzianne said
So you want to do edits without them tallying up, is that it?
No, nothing even remotely like that.

F

Moves
346d

@suzianne said
The feature is working as intended. You have a perfectly functional way to do what you want.
There is no "undo" feature for when one is typing text.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
342d

@fmf said
There is no "undo" feature for when one is typing text.
It's called the backspace key.

F

Moves
342d

@suzianne said
It's called the backspace key.
No. A backspace key and an undo feature are different.

If I type a sentence and then delete it - using the backspace key - but I delete the previous sentence as well by accident, with an undo feature I can reverse that unintended deletion rather than have to type both sentences all over again.

It'd be handy when typing on my phone where things get inadvertently deleted sometimes because the small screen makes things fiddly. Most text writing/editing apps have an undo feature.