white on bottom...

white on bottom...

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
13 Feb 23
3 edits

@mlb62 said
Don't know about others, but, I like the white pieces displayed on the bottom. This puts the black pieces on top. This is the way all chess books show their diagrams, so I'm very used to it. Possibly have an option setting to show white pieces on bottom EVERY time a board is displayed...TY
I will be rolling out the update for this tomorrow.

It won't be for every board - just the play, analysis and conditional moves boards initially.

A more thorough implementation for every board will be added in the future once the upcoming wider site updates go live.

* And the apps at a later date.

Über-Nerd

Moves
13 Feb 23

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Done. Also Dos Equis, cold.

Über-Nerd

Moves
13 Feb 23
2 edits

@russ said
I will be rolling out the update for this tomorrow.

It won't be for every board - just the play, analysis and conditional moves boards initially.

A more thorough implementation for every board will be added in the future once the upcoming wider site updates go live.

* And the apps at a later date.
Can we pleeeease have board coordinates for boards and games inserted into threads? I learned British descriptive notation back in when Anderssen was a living memory and still struggle with Cartesian coordinates.

Moves
13 Feb 23

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Then you were banned, you should still be banned, and you should be banned again, and for ever and ever and ever, amen.

Alas, @Russ doesn't have the testicles.

mlb62

Moves
14 Feb 23

@Russ
Xlent ..TY

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
14 Feb 23

Now live - from Board Settings (cog/gear icon) when viewing the play board.

Über-Nerd

Moves
14 Feb 23

@russ said
Got it. Cheers.

mlb62

Moves
15 Feb 23

@russ said
works great...

Moves
18 Feb 23

@russ said
I would actually love to do this - and the new board code (used on live chess currently only) was built with this in mind.

But I also know no one would use it really.
Even back on the Speccy there were several chess programs with a 3d option, but they were nearly unusable. Of course today's web has a rather better resolution than 256×178.

mlb62

Moves
19 Feb 23