1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 Nov '15 07:37
    Question: Is the following construct sufficiently logical and/or intellectually honest for the purpose of an objective discussion?

Thesis: God exists; He has always existed and has a plan of reconciliation for the entire human race.

Antithesis: No, your "God" does not exist and therefore there is no such thing as a "plan of reconciliation for the entire human race".

Synthesis: With reference to the "Thesis", it could be true.
  2. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    02 Dec '15 14:11
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Question: Is the following construct sufficiently logical and/or intellectually honest for the purpose of an objective discussion?

Thesis: God exists; He has always existed and has a plan of reconciliation for the entire human race.

Antithesis: No, your "God" does not exist and therefore there is no such thing as a "plan of re ...[text shortened]... ntire human race".

Synthesis: With reference to the "Thesis", it could be true.[/b]
    There is a flaw with the antithesis. It assumes that in a world without God there can be no "plan of reconciliation for the entire human race.". I'd say that there is no reason there couldn't be, it's just it would not be a divinely inspired one.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Dec '15 18:015 edits
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    There is a flaw with the antithesis. It assumes that in a world without God there can be no "plan of reconciliation for the entire human race.". I'd say that there is no reason there couldn't be, it's just it would not be a divinely inspired one.
    DT, it's incredibly difficult to locate much less find something you're not actively thinking about and/or actually looking for.

In my view, the sole alternative is to abandon the search prematurely, i.e. before all possible options have been thoroughly explored and then to live in a house of temporal misconceptions and shattered eternal possibilities. What if it does exist as a "divinely inspired one" ["reason"] and is still alive and well on the face of the earth and beyond the human outposts of the unexplored infinite spatial universe? -GB
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    27 Dec '15 21:51
    The only problem with the logic: a "plan" requires a "planner."
    Without the latter, the former cannot occur.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Dec '15 08:59
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    The only problem with the logic: a "plan" requires a "planner."
    Without the latter, the former cannot occur.
    Are humans not capable of planning for themselves?
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    29 Dec '15 04:52
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Are humans not capable of planning for themselves?
    Your logic works great when it's allowed to isolate the concepts.

The statement speaks of a reconciliation: to whom is the human race to be reconciled?
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Dec '15 08:05

The statement speaks of a reconciliation: to whom is the human race to be reconciled?
    With its Creator, of course.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 Dec '15 08:12

The human race reconciling with itself would be a good start.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Dec '15 10:302 edits
    DT, it's incredibly difficult to locate much less find something you're not actively thinking about and/or actually looking for.

In my view, the sole alternative is to abandon the search prematurely, i.e. before all possible options have been thoroughly explored and then to live in a house of temporal misconceptions and shattered eternal possibiliti ...[text shortened]... face of the earth and beyond the human outposts of the unexplored infinite spatial universe? -GB
    Have you ever considered the possibility that you could be wrong; about anything Christianity related at all?
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Dec '15 12:05
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Have you ever considered the possibility that you could be wrong; about anything Christianity related at all?
    Have you?
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    02 Feb '16 07:55
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Yes. All believers in Christ who are growing in grace, by systematically exposing themselves to the accurate teaching of the Word of God,
    eventually realize that growth is a process in which knowledge gradually replaces ignorance. on various points of doctrine.
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    02 Feb '16 08:04
    DT, given the hypothetical "in a world without God",
    the only "reconciliation" possible would be human to human or horizontal/temporal
    rather than human to deity or vertical/eternal.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Feb '16 12:30
    [b]"10 Things I Wish Christians Considered Before Arguing with Atheists" (By Michael Lehmann: February 9, 2015)

"Mike Lehmann edits Jesus & Dawkins, a blog that looks at the intersection of Christianity, science, and atheism. We asked him to list 10 things he wishes Christians knew before arguing with atheists about God."

"1. Make su ...[text shortened]... tians-considered-before-arguing-with-atheists/36113

Your thoughts?
    I don't consider any of that. 😏
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 05:18
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I don't consider any of that. 😏
    Please clarify your reply.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 05:58
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Have you?
    All the time.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree