6 day creation story, ancient Egyptian mythology:

6 day creation story, ancient Egyptian mythology:

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
10 Jun 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
Not really. Omnipotence has to do with power. Omniscence has to do with knowledge and wisdom.
Any omnipotent being can make itself omniscient. Omnipotence implies omniscience.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 Jun 14

Not really. Omnipotence has to do with power. Omniscence has to do with knowledge and wisdom.
So your god is more of a powerful bully than someone wise and omniscient.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Jun 14

Originally posted by DeepThought
Any omnipotent being can make itself omniscient. Omnipotence implies omniscience.
Maybe not.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Jun 14

Originally posted by sonhouse
So your god is more of a powerful bully than someone wise and omniscient.
My God is a powerful loving God that uses His power not to bully the weak, but to punish the evil. The fact that He may not be omniscient just make me have more love and respect for Him.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
10 Jun 14

My God is a powerful loving God that uses His power not to bully the weak, but to punish the evil. The fact that He may not be omniscient just make me have more love and respect for Him.
just make me have
That should be makes.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
10 Jun 14

You respect that he is weaker than other Christians suppose.
Why?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Jun 14

just make me have
That should be makes.
I know. I just type too fast for the computer to pick it up sometimes. Most of the time I notice missing letters like that and edit it after I enter it, but this time I was in a hurry to go to my next customer that needed some of my wisdom.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 Jun 14

I know. I just type too fast for the computer to pick it up sometimes. Most of the time I notice missing letters like that and edit it after I enter it, but this time I was in a hurry to go to my next customer that needed some of my wisdom.
I guess you don't care just how many people are laughing at you for your stance that you think you are somehow wise because you self lobotomized your brain, you think that makes you wise.

You are a joke here but you don't have a clue.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Jun 14
2 edits

Originally posted by wolfgang59
You respect that he is weaker than other Christians suppose.
Why?
Omniscient has to do with knowledge and wisdom. Omnipotent means all powerful.

I said, "The fact that He may not be omniscient just make me have more love and respect for Him."

The point I was trying to make is that since He first loved me when I was a sinner, as the Holy Bible says, even though He may not know if I would repent and believe on Him, makes me love and respect him more than if he knew everything that I would think and do.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Jun 14

I guess you don't care just how many people are laughing at you for your stance that you think you are somehow wise because you self lobotomized your brain, you think that makes you wise.

You are a joke here but you don't have a clue.
No I am not ashamed to belief in the gospel of Christ or the Genesis account of creation. If I can help one person believe, then it will be enough compensation for the thousands of people that think of me as a moron.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 Jun 14

No I am not ashamed to belief in the gospel of Christ or the Genesis account of creation. If I can help one person believe, then it will be enough compensation for the thousands of people that think of me as a moron.
So far, moron 1, conversions, 0.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Jun 14

So far, moron 1, conversions, 0.
That is a very low count on the moron, so I am not discouraged yet.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 Jun 14

That is a very low count on the moron, so I am not discouraged yet.
Those 1's and zero's are digital. So that 1 represents dozens of people who know you are a joke, the laughing stock of even the religious community.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
10 Jun 14

Well, maybe if you concentrated on the Gospels and dropped the Creationist stuff you might succeed.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Jun 14

Well, maybe if you concentrated on the Gospels and dropped the Creationist stuff you might succeed.
How can you believe the Gospels, if you don't believe in God's creation and fall of man? Isn't Darwin's evolution and descent of man in conflict?

“No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon."

(Matthew 6:24 NKJV)