A life saved from the madness

A life saved from the madness

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
15 Jun 14

Originally posted by Proper Knob
I know that. I'm asking if you would like to see a change in the law?
No

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
15 Jun 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
No
Thanks.

Next question - why not?

The drunk knight

Stuck on g1

Moves
15 Jun 14

I have not ridiculed anyone, i have merely mocked your usage of reasoning, and as for side stepping your relevant, factual and thus creditable questions, its my prerogative to remain ignorant, in fact, as a Christian/Jehovas Witness/whatever, I am unable to do otherwise. Now you can suck it up and accept it or continue to highlight my flaws, either way, life goes on.
FIX'D

And as for your edit, I'll give you one - just ONE - example of how Christians are different from JW's:

The God that Jehovah's Witnesses follow is Jehovah.
The God that Christians follow is the Trinitarian God.

Surely - as someone who has sampled everything from the spiritual buffet = you would have known this.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Jun 14

This isn't about 'costs', this is about whether a parent has the right to let their child die by refusing a specific life saving treatment.
I agree, it is about who gets to say! I would not have someone who is soon
going to cross the 20T mark for debt in a place to be the lone voice on who
or what can be done. It will boil down to specific treatment for both children
and others, and who is the final say? I'll take family, even if that means
from time to time they choose something I disagree with.

I will remind you too, it is refusing treatment, that does not automatically
mean the death of the child. You can get treatment and still die, it is not
as cut and dry as you are painting it.
Kelly

rc

Moves
15 Jun 14

Originally posted by 64squaresofpain
FIX'D

And as for your edit, I'll give you one - just ONE - example of how Christians are different from JW's:

The God that Jehovah's Witnesses follow is Jehovah.
The God that Christians follow is the Trinitarian God.

Surely - as someone who has sampled everything from the spiritual buffet = you would have known this.
No one has they do not hold different beliefs, your propensity for stating the obvious is truly amazing, but there are not a few other Christian denominations that also do not profess belief in the trinity so once again, i don't know why you are slobbering and drooling about it.

rc

Moves
15 Jun 14

Thanks.

Next question - why not?
because i as a Christian remain subject to the secular governments, its in the book of Romans chapter 13, that is why i cannot understand all the American Christians anti government jive talk, they are counseled to remain subject to the governments.

The drunk knight

Stuck on g1

Moves
15 Jun 14

your propensity for stating the obvious is truly amazing

i don't know why you are slobbering and drooling about it.
I apologise, I was merely seeking clarification as to why you have claimed to be both a Christian and a JW,
even though their doctrines differ to such an extent that they contradict each other.

What seemed "obvious" to me was how clearly flawed your point was,
and I was merely seeking confirmation that you are just talking complete rubbish.

Having said that, you have made one good point: why do I keep up this pointlessness with you?
It must be that I simply enjoy watching you dig deeper and deeper...
keep digging Robbie, you'll reach enlightenment soon, I'm certain of it.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
15 Jun 14

because i as a Christian remain subject to the secular governments, its in the book of Romans chapter 13, that is why i cannot understand all the American Christians anti government jive talk, they are counseled to remain subject to the governments.
I understand that. You are counselled to obey the secular government. I was asking for your personal take on the matter, but it seems this is not forthcoming.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
15 Jun 14

Originally posted by KellyJay
I agree, it is about who gets to say! I would not have someone who is soon
going to cross the 20T mark for debt in a place to be the lone voice on who
or what can be done. It will boil down to specific treatment for both children
and others, and who is the final say? I'll take family, even if that means
from time to time they choose something I disagree ...[text shortened]... d. You can get treatment and still die, it is not
as cut and dry as you are painting it.
Kelly
I have no idea what you are going on about. The question was addressed to Robbie and you're bringing up Obama and the debt. I have no interest in that, I live on the other side of the Atlantic.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Jun 14

I have no idea what you are going on about. The question was addressed to Robbie and you're bringing up Obama and the debt. I have no interest in that, I live on the other side of the Atlantic.
It is simple who makes the choices, us or the government, or some other
power that be. I'd prefer families make the choices! With anyone who
makes those choices, it is the people who love them that should be the
only ones that really matter.
Kelly

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
16 Jun 14

Kelly
I agree, in general. But I'm not for letting parents have their children unnecessarily die because of their religious beliefs. If they're an an adult, fair enough, they can make an informed decision, but not children.

rc

Moves
16 Jun 14
1 edit

Originally posted by 64squaresofpain
I apologise, I was merely seeking clarification as to why you have claimed to be both a Christian and a JW,
even though their doctrines differ to such an extent that they contradict each other.

What seemed "obvious" to me was how clearly flawed your point was,
and I was merely seeking confirmation that you are just talking complete rubbish.

H ...[text shortened]... r and deeper...
keep digging Robbie, you'll reach enlightenment soon, I'm certain of it.
You are not making any sense and continue to produce copious amounts of slobbery drool, for a Christian is not designated a Christian or otherwise because his doctrines are at odds with other professed Christians but because he adheres to the teachings of Jesus Christ. Your intimation that Jehovahs witnesses doctrine somehow nullifies them from being termed Christians on the basis that their doctrines differ from other alleged Christians is quite ludicrous, without foundation, unreasonable and irrational.

The rest of your post is unworthy of serious comment and beneath my dignity to acknowledge with even a semblance of a response.

rc

Moves
16 Jun 14

I understand that. You are counselled to obey the secular government. I was asking for your personal take on the matter, but it seems this is not forthcoming.
No personal views on the matter.

Moves
16 Jun 14

Kelly
what age limit would you set before the child gets to decide for themselves?

The drunk knight

Stuck on g1

Moves
16 Jun 14
1 edit

The rest of your post is unworthy of serious comment and beneath my dignity to acknowledge with even a semblance of a response.
Still talking the same old rubbish... seriously, you're like a scratched record but with increased usage of a thesaurus as you go along.

If it's true that ignorance is bliss, then you must be the happiest person on the planet.