1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Jul '15 23:371 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I was on the forum for a few hours this morning reading threads and replying to some, and I glanced down at a stack of newspapers I have stored in this room. The uppermost page had a photo of a girl holding up a sign. This sign said:

JE SUIS
    CHARLIE

So you understand how old this particular paper was. ๐Ÿ™‚ While I was looking at it, a thought entere ...[text shortened]... gs happen for a reason, even though that reason may not be immediately apparent.) What say you?
    Only those that already believe will catch such a coincidence for the unbelieving will be unbelieving still.
    For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.

Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

(Romans 1:18-32 NKJV)
    "But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

(Revelation 21:8 NASB)
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Jul '15 01:119 edits
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    However, names in the Holy Bible often also had meaning. If you consult Bible dictionaries you will discover that they will say the meaning of Jesus is 'the one who saves" or "saviour" or something to that effect.

And this is what holy scripture says:

But when he had considered this, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, "Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife; for the Child who has been conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit. "She will bear a Son; and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins."

Now all this took place to fulfill what was spoken by the Lord through the prophet: "BEHOLD, THE VIRGIN SHALL BE WITH CHILD AND SHALL BEAR A SON, AND THEY SHALL CALL HIS NAME IMMANUEL," which translated means, "GOD WITH US." And Joseph awoke from his sleep and did as the angel of the Lord commanded him, and took Mary as his wife, but kept her a virgin until she gave birth to a Son; and he called His name Jesus.
    (Matthew 1:20-25 NASB)

So we see that holy scripture defines the name "Immanuel" to mean "God with us" and "Jesus" or "Yahshua" to mean "He who will save His people from their sins." Therefore, Yahshua means YaH saves. And YaH is the "I AM" of Genesis 3:14

God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM"; and He said, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

HalleluYaH !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!

Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him.

(Psalm 68:4 KJV)

Look up the meaning of the name "Joshua" in a Bible dictionary and you will see it has the same meaning as "Jesus" and YAHshua.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 Jul '15 20:172 edits
    Originally posted by JS357
    24 languages

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO0GkNU5Bic

the languages are identified just above the comments section.
    " How to WRITE the NAME of JESUS in 24 different languages - Yeshua ื™ืฉื•ืข - more JESUS (JesusfreakPC Subscribe5,923) 5,355 Views" Uploaded on Feb 13, 2012

"How to write the NAME of JESUS in 24 different languages: Jesus - English / Jesus - Yeshua - ื™ึตืฉืื•ึผืขึท - Hebrew / Jesus - Jeลพíš - Czech / Jesus - Gesù - Italian / Jesus - ะ˜ััƒั - Bulgarian / Jesus - Íosa - Irish / Jesus - Iisus - Romanian / Jesus - Jésus - French / Jesus - Jeesus - Finnish / Jesus - Isus - Croatian / Jesus - Jezus - Polish/Dutch / Jesus - ะ†ััƒั - Ukrainian / Jesus - ะ˜ะธััƒั - Russian / Jesus - isâ - Persian / Jesus - Ιησοฯς - Greek / Jesus - Jezuo - Esperanto / Jesus - ์˜ˆ์ˆ˜ - Korean / Jesus - Sai - Hausa / Jesus - Iesus - Latin / Jesus - Jézus - Hungarian / Jesus - Jesús - Spanish / Jesus - Iesu - Welsh / Jesus - ใ‚คใ‚จใ‚น - Japanese / Jesus - Jฤ“sus - Latvian
    -------
    It was pointed out to me that I wrote one name two times, and omitted the Polish version, so sorry. Mistakes happen."
    -------
    "Wherefore God also hath highly exalted Him, and given Him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." (Philippians 2:9 - 2:11).
    -------
    "Visit my channel page for Jesusfreak PC, and please feel free to subscribe if you like: http://www.youtube.com/user/JesusfreakPC
    -------
    What is the WILL of GOD - YouTube
    -------
    http://www.ourchurch.com/member/j/jes..."

YouTube

Outstanding find, JS. Thank you....
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    รœber-Nerd
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 16:072 edits
    I was on the forum for a few hours this morning reading threads and replying to some, and I glanced down at a stack of newspapers I have stored in this room. The uppermost page had a photo of a girl holding up a sign. This sign said:

JE SUIS
    CHARLIE

So you understand how old this particular paper was. ๐Ÿ™‚ While I was looking at it, a thought entere ...[text shortened]... gs happen for a reason, even though that reason may not be immediately apparent.) What say you?
    This is a minimalist linguistic coincidence, given that "Jesus" is not the Hebrew spelling of his name. One could probably find thousands of similarly seemingly significant puns on other names as well.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 17:05
    Originally posted by moonbus
    This is a minimalist linguistic coincidence, given that "Jesus" is not the Hebrew spelling of his name. One could probably find thousands of similarly seemingly significant puns on other names as well.
    Be my guess and enjoy. ๐Ÿ˜
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Jul '15 23:57
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Be my guess and enjoy. ๐Ÿ˜
    Did you hear that RJ had a guess for dinner?
    His name was Izzy Taporc
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    25 Jul '15 00:09
    I find it amazing that the French words for "I AM" can be minimally manipulated to result in the name of JESUS.
    I find it amazing that you find it amazing.

Really.

Have you ever seen an anagram?
    They are truly amazing!!!!
    Her's one: It's pud'
  8. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    25 Jul '15 01:14
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Have you ever seen an anagram?
    They are truly amazing!!!!
    Her's one: [b]It's pud'
    [/b]
    Let me guess.

Wolfgang?
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    25 Jul '15 02:21
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Let me guess.

Wolfgang?
    ON
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Jul '15 04:381 edit
    I LOVE IT WHEN I AM RIGHT.

The Near Genius ๐Ÿ˜
  11. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    25 Jul '15 04:52
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    ON
    tupids?
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    25 Jul '15 05:54
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    tupids?
    to slam
  13. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    25 Jul '15 14:151 edit

JE SUIS
    CHARLIE

add an o to god....good add a d to evil....devil cmon suzie get reall
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Jul '15 15:32
    Originally posted by redbadger
    add an o to god....good add a d to evil....devil cmon suzie get reall
    Rearrange 'redbadger' and you get 'Bar dredge.'

Coincidence? I think not.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jul '15 01:29

JE SUIS
    CHARLIE

There may not be coincidences, but there are chance occurrences.

Consider what Jesus said when asked "who is my neighbor"?

Luke 10:31a And by chance there came down a certain priest that way:

I know it's pretty thin, but there are, I believe, chance occurrences. I guess the trick is to know the difference between mere happenstance and the things that God is doing [working] "...all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree