a reprobate mind

a reprobate mind

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
21 Jun 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Your perspective is illogical. What use do I have for a 'sense of security,' when it comes to something I don't believe in?

I think you are muddling atheists for agnostics. You might as well give me a safety net to protect me from falling elephants.
So you have never entertained the thought that a God may exist?

F

Moves
21 Jun 17

Originally posted by dj2becker
Obviously having a false sense of security might prevent them from actually leaving their comfort zone and making the leap of faith since they will think it's not necessary anyways.
Well people cannot just decide to believe supernatural things that they don't believe in.

F

Moves
21 Jun 17
2 edits

Obviously having a false sense of security might prevent them from actually leaving their comfort zone and making the leap of faith since they will think it's not necessary anyways.
But if Rajk999's words succeed in causing an atheist to have a "hope" that he will be - or can be - "saved" by Jesus, hasn't he turned an atheist into a non-atheist. Isn't that something you welcome?

Moves
21 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
Well people cannot just decide to believe supernatural things that they don't believe in.
So the people that do believe in God are forced to do so?

F

Moves
21 Jun 17

So the people that do believe in God are forced to do so?
We discussed this before and you used this parody-line-of-argument before.

Moves
21 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
But if Rajk999's words succeed in causing an atheist to have a "hope" that he will be - or can be - "saved" by "Jesus", hasn't he turned an atheist into a non-atheist. Isn't that something you welcome?
Well I would welcome him telling them the truth of what is written in the Bible rather than giving them a false sense of security.

Moves
21 Jun 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
We discussed this before and you used this parody-line-of-argument before.
Well in essence you are saying my belief in God was not my choice, and when questioned on it you're just dodging again, just as you did when 'we discussed this before'. So I ask you again, who or what forced me to believe in God?

F

Moves
21 Jun 17

Well in essence you are saying my belief in God was not my choice, and when questioned on it you're just dodging again, just as you did when 'we discussed this before'.
Well we did discuss it before. At length. In detail. You cannot "decide" or "choose" to subscribe to superstitious beliefs that you find not credible.

F

Moves
21 Jun 17

So I ask you again, who or what forced me to believe in God?
I have said nothing about anyone one being "forced" to do anything. This is a parody-line-of-argument. It doesn't work on me. Try it on someone else.

F

Moves
21 Jun 17
1 edit

FMF: But if Rajk999's words succeed in causing an atheist to have a "hope" that he will be - or can be - "saved" by "Jesus", hasn't he turned an atheist into a non-atheist. Isn't that something you welcome?

Well I would welcome him telling them the truth of what is written in the Bible rather than giving them a false sense of security.
You have dodged the question. Would you welcome Rajk999's words turning an atheist - who doesn't believe in Jesus - into a non-atheist who invests some degree of "hope" in Jesus?

Moves
21 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
Well we did discuss it before. At length. In detail. You cannot "decide" or "choose" to subscribe to superstitious beliefs that you find not credible.
Well you are the one who decides what is credible and what isn't so there is that.

Moves
21 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
I have said nothing about anyone one being "forced" to do anything. This is a parody-line-of-argument. It doesn't work on me. Try it on someone else.
So if I can't choose to believe in God and I wasn't forced, how is it I believe in God?

F

Moves
21 Jun 17

So if I can't choose to believe in God and I wasn't forced, how is it I believe in God?
I refer you to the previous lengthy discussions we had about this. I am not interested in wading through it all again.

F

Moves
21 Jun 17

Well you are the one who decides what is credible and what isn't so there is that.
See my post above.

Moves
21 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
You have dodged the question. Would you welcome Rajk999's words turning an atheist - who doesn't believe in Jesus - into a non-atheist who invests some degree of "hope" in Jesus?
How exactly is thinking your own works can save you investing some hope in Jesus?