a reprobate mind

a reprobate mind

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Jun 17

Originally posted by dj2becker
Of course it is not about only proclaiming faith but actually having faith and believing in Him and not in our own goodness. Jesus himself said we should believe in Him, do you agree with this or not?
How do YOU believe in Jesus if you do not agree with everything he said.
You deny the teachings and commandments of Jesus.
Is that what you call faith?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
21 Jun 17

So you only agree with the things he said that you like but not everything is that correct?
No.

Moves
21 Jun 17

Originally posted by Rajk999
How do YOU believe in Jesus if you do not agree with everything he said.
You deny the teachings and commandments of Jesus.
Is that what you call faith?
Tell me exactly which teaching or commands of His I deny. You are the one putting words in His mouth by saying that faith is not required but Jesus never said that. You alone say that.

Moves
21 Jun 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
No.
So do you agree with everything he said or not?

T

Moves
21 Jun 17

Of course it is not about only proclaiming faith but actually having faith and believing in Him and not in our own goodness. Jesus himself said we should believe in Him, do you agree with this or not?
What exactly do you think "believing in Him" entails? Believe in what exactly?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
21 Jun 17

So do you agree with everything he said or not?
I said, "I have no faith in Jesus but agree with the things he said and the principals he stood for."

What part of that are you not understanding?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Jun 17

Tell me exactly which teaching or commands of His I deny. You are the one putting words in His mouth by saying that faith is not required but Jesus never said that. You alone say that.
Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. (Matthew 5:3-9 KJV)

Nothing about faith. But all these people will enter the Kingdom of Christ.

Moves
21 Jun 17

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
What exactly do you think "believing in Him" entails? Believe in what exactly?
John 7:37-39

On the last and greatest day of the feast, Jesus stood up and called out in a loud voice, “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink. To the one who believes in Me, it is just as the Scripture has said: ‘Streams of living water’” will flow from within him. He was speaking about the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were later to receive. For the Spirit had not yet been given, because Jesus had not yet been glorified.…

Moves
21 Jun 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
I said, "I have no faith in Jesus but agree with the things he said and the principals he stood for."

What part of that are you not understanding?
If you agree with the things He said why don't you believe in Him? Because He clearly said we should believe in Him.

T

Moves
21 Jun 17

On the last and greatest day of the feast, Jesus stood up and called out in a loud voice, “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink. To the one who believes in Me, it is just as the Scripture has said: ‘Streams of living water’” will flow from within him. He was speaking about the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were later to receive. For the Spirit had not yet been given, because Jesus had not yet been glorified.…
Can you just plainly state the answer? Believe in what exactly?

Moves
21 Jun 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Rajk999
[b]Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Blessed are the pu ...[text shortened]... ew 5:3-9 KJV)

Nothing about faith. But all these people will enter the Kingdom of Christ.[/b]
Where exactly did He say that those that mourn, are meek, hunger and thirst for righteousness, the merciful, the pure in heart and the peacemakers lack faith? You are the one claiming this, not Him.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
21 Jun 17

One of my greatest teachers had a profound affect on my thinking and the direction my life took. I may not have really known him well enough to say I 'believed' in him as an individual, but I did believe in him as a messenger of wisdom.

Make of that what you will.

Moves
21 Jun 17
1 edit

Can you just plainly state the answer? Believe in what exactly?
Believe in Jesus and everything He said about us and what He did for us. And acknowledge that we are lost without Him and cannot save ourselves.

T

Moves
21 Jun 17

Believe in Jesus and everything He said about us and what He did for us. And acknowledge that we are lost without Him and cannot save ourselves.
Can you be more explicit? Are you talking about believing in the "atoning sacrifice"? Something else?

Moves
21 Jun 17

Can you be more explicit? Are you talking about believing in the "atoning sacrifice"? Something else?
Paul says, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved." He says, "If you confess with your lips that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead you will be saved."

Do you reject this scripture?