a reprobate mind

a reprobate mind

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
19 Jun 17

Originally posted by dj2becker
I would imagine something similar to the concept of karma, in biblical terms they could be considered 'blessings and curses'.
So what are the different punishments then... examples?

Moves
19 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
In almost all cases, their moral compass stops them. Why do Christians commit crimes ?
People who believe in a God who sees everything and knows everything know they cannot get away with anything. On the other hand an atheist who does not believe in God can do whatever they want as long as they don't get caught.

F

Moves
19 Jun 17

People who believe in a God who sees everything and knows everything know they cannot get away with anything.
Why then do "people who believe in a God" commit immoral acts and crimes etc.?

F

Moves
19 Jun 17

On the other hand an atheist who does not believe in God can do whatever they want as long as they don't get caught.
What is it then, in your analysis, that stops people who do not believe in God from doing whatever they want?

Moves
19 Jun 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Why then do "people who believe in a God" commit immoral acts and crimes etc.?
I would imagine they try to block out God's presence and try to rationalize their actions maybe during a moment of weakness or doubt.

F

Moves
19 Jun 17

I would imagine they try to block out God's presence and try to rationalize their actions maybe during a moment of weakness or doubt.
And yet they are still "people who believe in a God".

Moves
19 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
What is it then, in your analysis, that stops people who do not believe in God from doing whatever they want?
Probably a combination of their conscience and the fear of getting caught. But rationally as an atheist why should you obey your conscience if it is merely a product of your environment combined with the fact that there are no moral absolutes?

F

Moves
19 Jun 17

Probably a combination of their conscience and the fear of getting caught.
But don't "people who believe in a God" also have "a combination of their conscience and the fear of getting caught"?

Moves
19 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
And yet they are still "people who believe in a God".
Sure, when it suits them. Even the devil believes in God.

F

Moves
19 Jun 17

But rationally as an atheist why should you obey your conscience if it is merely a product of your environment combined with the fact that there are no moral absolutes?
We discussed this before. My stance hasn't changed. Refer back to it if your interest is genuine.

Moves
19 Jun 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
But don't "people who believe in a God" also have "a combination of their conscience and the fear of getting caught"?
Sure, but logically it would make sense for them to obey their conscience since it was placed there by God for the purpose of their own protection and not merely shaped by their environment for no specific reason. What logical reason does an atheist have for obeying their conscience if it is merely the product of evolution and was not designed for a specific purpose?

F

Moves
19 Jun 17

Sure, when it suits them. Even the devil believes in God.
So the "people who believe in a God" thing doesn't really have any bearing on what we are talking about, is that fair to say?

F

Moves
19 Jun 17

What logical reason does an atheist have for obeying their conscience if it is merely the product of evolution and was not designed for a specific purpose?
You asked me about this topic before. And I answered.

Moves
19 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
So the "people who believe in a God" thing doesn't really have any bearing on what we are talking about, is that fair to say?
Anyone can claim to believe in God, their actions will mostly demonstrate whether they actually do.

Moves
19 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
You asked me about this topic before. And I answered.
Conveniently you will say so.