1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '14 07:512 edits
    Can I ask the Christians here, is an unborn foetus considered a human being from a "thou shalt not murder" perspective?

If so, then what happens to the murdered persons spirit? The bible says we are "born into sin" is that from birth or pre-birth?

Does the murdered person go to hell, or at least be excluded from salvation as they have done no good works nor confessed Christ with their mouth?

Are unborn people (let's not call them children) in some way excluded from the gospel? If so why and how and on what scriptural basis do you make this claim?

Finally, to twhitehead's point on the immorality of murder, if unborn murdered/dead people are given such a pass, then why be so morally indignant about abortion?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Jul '14 08:09
    Originally posted by Agerg
    I pity you.
    Pity why is that? I think its wrong that anyone gets murdered, be they
    abortionist doctors or not? That I think everyone has sin in thier lives?
    Kelly
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Jul '14 08:32
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Can I ask the Christians here, is an unborn foetus considered a human being from a "thou shalt not murder" perspective?

If so, then what happens to the murdered persons spirit? The bible says we are "born into sin" is that from birth or pre-birth?

Does the murdered person go to hell, or at least be excluded from salvation as they have done no go ...[text shortened]... orn murdered/dead people are given such a pass, then why be so morally indignant about abortion?
    Many of us believe that causing the death of innocent human life on purpose is murder. An unborn baby seems to fall into that category. We can only speculate as to what God will do about the murdered unborn. We don't really know. But it just seems wrong to abort these innocent human lives.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '14 08:45
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Many of us believe that causing the death of innocent human life on purpose is murder. An unborn baby seems to fall into that category. We can only speculate as to what God will do about the murdered unborn. We don't really know. But it just seems wrong to abort these innocent human lives.
    Is the "morning after" pill morally wrong?
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    19 Jul '14 09:06
    What about IUDs?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Jul '14 11:00
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Is the "morning after" pill morally wrong?
    I don't think so. However, I really don't know exactly how it works.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Jul '14 11:03
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    What about IUDs?
    I believe this would fall under pregnancy prevention. If that is the case, it may be okay.
  8. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    19 Jul '14 12:41
    so how many days after the sperm entering the egg do we have before you call it 'murder'?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '14 13:44
    The day after having sexual intercourse a woman can take a pill which prevents any fertilised egg from the night before becoming fixed in the wall of the uterus by bringing on the woman's menstrual period and thus ejecting the fertilised egg. The fertilised egg/embryo is effectively "murdered".

Do you think this is morally acceptable?
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Jul '14 15:53
    The number of fertilized eggs that simply fail to attach to the womb is very high even without the use of birth control. Even a significant proportion of foetus' that make it past the first week are aborted due to natural causes.
    Until very recent times, the majority of children that were born, did not make it to adulthood.
    God may dislike murder, but just letting people die young seems to be something he is OK with.
  11. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    19 Jul '14 18:47
    If a husband suspects his wife's pregnancy is the result of adultery, is he commanded to abort the fetus?

Believers, before you answer off the top of your head, read Numbers chapter 5, starting with verse 12.
    https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Numbers+5&version=KJV
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Jul '14 18:53
    I pity you.
    I pity those who pity you.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Jul '14 18:54
    As was stated in some of the comments, what they were really chanting was: "Not the church, not the state, women must decide our fate.", and in fact it was only one woman who, for the camera, chanted "Hail Satan".
    Well then, never mind. Just close down this thread!

I had no idea that ONLY one woman chanted hail Satan. I guess that makes everything OK.
  14. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    19 Jul '14 19:09
    Originally posted by whodey
    I pity those who pity you.
    We all pity you!
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Jul '14 22:58
    We all pity you!
    I pity the dead babies as well as those who support their murders.

Those who hail Satan are far beyond pity.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree