1. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    03 Apr '15 10:39
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I believe it is more rational that an intelligent Creator created laws to form order out of the invisible to produce what is visible than to believe nothing accidently exploded causing order to come from chaos. 😏
    Irrelevant. Why not address the point I raised instead?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Apr '15 11:41
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Irrelevant. Why not address the point I raised instead?
    You Must Be Referring To The RATE project - Radioactivity and the Age of The Earth (RATE).

For a little introductory information on this see the following video:

YouTube

For more in-depth information see the following video

Radio-isotopes and the Age of the Earth. Dr. Larry Vardiman

You can also get a little information to read from here:

http://creation.com/radiometric-dating-breakthroughs
  3. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    03 Apr '15 16:49
    You Must Be Referring To The RATE project - Radioactivity and the Age of The Earth (RATE).

For a little introductory information on this see the following video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPynJVPq74Q

For more in-depth information see the following video

Radio-isotopes and the Age of the Earth. Dr. Larry Vardiman

You can also get a little information to read from here:

http://creation.com/radiometric-dating-breakthroughs
    http://godandscience.org/youngearth/age_of_the_earth.html#science

There are no reputable scientists who agree with your position. There are many reputable christians who regard your position as ridiculous. Your 'sources' are hilarious.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Apr '15 18:05

There are no reputable scientists who agree with your position. There are many reputable christians who regard your position as ridiculous. Your 'sources' are hilarious.
    Only hilarious to the unbelieving. Blessed are those that believe. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    03 Apr '15 18:07

The trouble is, when someone digs them self into a hole they lose all perspective and can only look to the worms around them for support.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Apr '15 18:12
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    The trouble is, when someone digs them self into a hole they lose all perspective and can only look to the worms around them for support.
    "But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

(Revelation 21:8 NASB)
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    03 Apr '15 18:34
    "But for the cowardly and [b]unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

(Revelation 21:8 NASB)[/b]
    Bottom line; if i were presented with concrete proof that God existed then i would believe in God. If you however were presented with concrete proof that the world was billions of years old, you still wouldn't believe it.

You simply seem content to cherry pick from banana trees.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Apr '15 18:42
    Bottom line; if i were presented with concrete proof that God existed then i would believe in God. If you however were presented with concrete proof that the world was billions of years old, you still wouldn't believe it.

You will not accept the proof when submitted, because you think you already know the truth. 😏
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    03 Apr '15 20:49
    You will not accept the proof when submitted, because you think you already know the truth. 😏
    Talking to yourself there old chap?
  10. Germany
    Moves
    03 Apr '15 20:57
    I have heard about those other isotopes used to get the dates they want for supposedly older rocks.
    So why bring up carbon dating in the context of the age of the Earth?
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Apr '15 23:37
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    So why bring up carbon dating in the context of the age of the Earth?
    It's a good example of the problems and flaws associated with that method of attempting to date things on the Earth as well as the earth itself. Obviously, it is not a reliable method of dating. 😏
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 00:19
    I believe it is more rational that an intelligent Creator created laws to form order out of the invisible to produce what is visible than to believe nothing accidently exploded causing order to come from chaos. 😏
    You really do not get it, do you Ron?

"And God said, Let there be light: and there was light." -- Genesis 1:3, KJV

And this was the Big Bang. (And boy, was there light.)

I do not believe that nothing accidentally exploded either. The Hand of God was evident throughout Creation. It could not have been any other way. Even evolution was subtly directed by the Hand of God.

I just don't understand why you can't figure out the importance of leaving wiggle room in creation. This enables those who boast of their own great minds to envision a beginning without God. And thus free will is supported and maintained.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 00:32

"Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed." -- John 20:29

Faith is the belief in those things unseen. You have just decided to shackle yourself to an idea created by man to make up for his lack of faith. You hitch your wagon to the scientific method because it's the easy way out. No need to believe in scary things you cannot prove.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, I guess.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 00:53
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You really do not get it, do you Ron?

"And God said, Let there be light: and there was light." -- Genesis 1:3, KJV

And this was the Big Bang. (And boy, was there light.)

I do not believe that nothing accidentally exploded either. The Hand of God was evident throughout Creation. It could not have been any other way. Even evolution was sub ...[text shortened]... reat minds to envision a beginning without God. And thus free will is supported and maintained.
    I don't see that the appearance of light would require a Big Bang.

Genesis declares the quick creation of plants and animals and provides no time for evolution in the manner claimed by the atheists. I see no reason to provide wiggle room for them to deceive and lead the little ones astray.

The fact that God created humans in His own image instead of the image of a monkey does not take away free will from anyone. The fact that living creatures reproduce after their kind is proof that the evolutionists are wrong.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 01:54
    I don't see that the appearance of light would require a Big Bang.

Genesis declares the quick creation of plants and animals and provides no time for evolution in the manner claimed by the atheists. I see no reason to provide wiggle room for them to deceive and lead the little ones astray.

The fact that God created humans in His own image instead of ...[text shortened]... fact that living creatures reproduce after their kind is proof that the evolutionists are wrong.
    It is very well indeed you only have a very limited access to little ones whose minds you would pollute with your nonsense.

So far, nobody here agrees with you, everyone posting here has called your claims ridiculous.

You are in a band of one here. Good luck with that. Hide your head in the sand and all you will see are little grains of sand. Maybe it would entertain you to count them and try to figure out how old they might be.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree