Allelulia, the great storm is over, great song!

Allelulia, the great storm is over, great song!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
25 Nov 14

Originally posted by sonhouse
You are NOT RJπŸ™‚ One thing the 70's taught me about drugs: I met this guy, a nice guy really, I rented an RV from him for a family vacation, another story, but one day he let me have a line of coke.

Well, living in Venice beach, I started riding my bicycle on the bike path, like totally high and re-inventing the worldπŸ™‚

So a couple of weeks later, th ...[text shortened]... the time and concluded there was no getting back to that original high and never tried it again.
You were smarter than me. Maybe you still are. πŸ˜‰

From the late 60's to the early 90's was a blur. Not really, but bad enough. Crack was my downfall. 6 months and 10,000 dollars gone forever. Embarrassing. But a quarter of a century ago. Good now. Better than I ever dreamt it could be. If it wasn't for Jesus I'd be dead for sure. πŸ˜€

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
25 Nov 14

Originally posted by sonhouse
I mentioned John McCutcheon's version on a CD from quite a while ago, only one voice but with great instrumentation, he sang the definitive version. I only found him doing that song playing just an autoharp, nice but nothing like the studio version.
Listen to this more recent song from him, quite nice: Room at the top of the stairs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-u5J0j_3js
Touching! I like that one. I have a twelve year old son with a room at the top of the stair. I'll play this for him and his mother later today. Thanx.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
26 Nov 14

Originally posted by josephw
Touching! I like that one. I have a twelve year old son with a room at the top of the stair. I'll play this for him and his mother later today. Thanx.
John McCutcheon is a national treasure.