1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 18:41
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I hope you realize I was not suggesting those things, and I'd like you to retract them.
    I'd gladly retract them if you're telling me you do believe living a life without God is not meaningless.

I fully accept that 'for you' human life is not worthless as humans are special to God. It is my contention of course that God does not exist, and 'to me' life is still meaningful, beautiful and full of wondrous purpose and possibilities, despite (and possibly because) God doesn't exist.

In short, man minus God is not worthless meat and bones. If we agree on that, great.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 19:31
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I'd gladly retract them if you're telling me you do believe living a life without God is not meaningless.

I fully accept that 'for you' human life is not worthless as humans are special to God. It is my contention of course that God does not exist, and 'to me' life is still meaningful, beautiful and full of wondrous purpose and possibilities, desp ...[text shortened]... exist.

In short, man minus God is not worthless meat and bones. If we agree on that, great.
    I've given my views already.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 19:32
    I've given my views already.
    So no retraction necessary.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 21:48
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    So no retraction necessary.
    I see
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 21:571 edit
    This world has all you need I guess, so for you, your answers will only be found between your ears, or someone else's ears ....you know secularism. If there is more to you than flesh and bone, its being ignored.
    Well I'm not an atheist. But in the sense that Buddhists are atheists I definitely am (an atheist).
    "Work out your own salvation with dignity"- The Buddha. That says more to me than waiting for god or jesus to tap me on the shoulder.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 22:00
    Originally posted by FMF
    Does you telling karoly aczel that you think there is "more to you" than him constitute ~ in your opinion ~ you doing Jesus' work in the field of dealing with schizophrenia?
    I have no trouble with my schizophrenic symptoms- it's the AD ones that bother me, but whatever.
    I only mention this because you are the pro here and the problem is right there in the title
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 22:042 edits
    When did I say being human wasn't enough for me? I'm simply stating that we are more
    than flesh and blood, and if you neglect the spiritual part of our being, you are just
    neglecting it to your own harm.

You also seem to be twisting my words into suggesting not only that being human isn't
    enough for me, but we are worthless creatures without a belief ...[text shortened]... e that, nothing more to you then other's
    memories of you, good or bad until even those go away.
    But we aren't just flesh and blood. Science cant tell you where you are. We usually identify ourselves with being just behind the eyes. But , through meditation and mindfulness, we can easily discover that 'we' are not any of our body parts.
    Everyday, several times a day, I refocus my mind to the centre of my body (around the naval area) . I remind myself, I am not this body, this body is just the horse, just the vehicle.

edit: I've also gone out of my body a few times. Quite cocnsiously and without any drugs. I don't recommend this though unless you got half a day spare to recover.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 23:06
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I have no trouble with my schizophrenic symptoms- it's the AD ones that bother me, but whatever.
    I only mention this because you are the pro here and the problem is right there in the title
    I think you meant to address this to Ghost of a Duke.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 00:10
    Well I'm not an atheist. But in the sense that Buddhists are atheists I definitely am (an atheist).
    "Work out your own salvation with dignity"- The Buddha. That says more to me than waiting for god or jesus to tap me on the shoulder.
    No need to justify anything about yourself to me, what you do and why is none of my business.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 00:42
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think you meant to address this to Ghost of a Duke.
    Yes, yes I did.
    (Damn laptop. Its giving me rhp in this new format.
    I don't think I've progressed much with internet usage since I joined this red-light party... At least my kid is starting to teach me a few things. )
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 00:431 edit
    No need to justify anything about yourself to me, what you do and why is none of my business.
    Not even a little tiny bit of your business? 🙂

I thought you Christ people made everything their business (?)

edit: and I don't believe its justification, just explanation
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 03:54
    Not even a little tiny bit of your business? 🙂

I thought you Christ people made everything their business (?)

edit: and I don't believe its justification, just explanation
    Doesn't matter neither required.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 06:07
    Doesn't matter neither required.
    another dead end??
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 08:02
    another dead end??
    Excuse me?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 08:331 edit
    Excuse me?
    I think perhaps you are so wrapped up in declaring fellow humans as evil and meaningless, and yourself "forgiven" and meaningful and immortal, that you simply don't realize how poisonous and hamstrung you sound sometimes, regardless of whether you tell yourself it is Jesus working through you or not. So, karoly aczel referring to it as a "dead end" is maybe a bit more charitable and less blunt than how I've put it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree