Are all religions the same?

Are all religions the same?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
12 Mar 16

I think Jehovah's Witnesses might be unique in that they do not profess belief in an immortal soul. As far as I am aware all other religions profess this belief, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism and all the denominations of Christendom.

Moves
12 Mar 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I think Jehovah's Witnesses might be unique in that they do not profess belief in an immortal soul. As far as I am aware all other religions profess this belief, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism and all the denominations of Christendom.
(Romans 2:7 ESV)

'To those who by patience in well-doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, he will give eternal life.'

I thought you guys adhered to the bible?!

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
12 Mar 16

Christianity does not profess this belief.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Mar 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke

'To those who by patience in well-doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, he will give eternal life.'

An excellent passage from Paul, the essence of which was stated by Christ and all the other Apostles in different ways.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13 Mar 16

The JWs call it "everlasting life", not "eternal life", because eternal life means even after we depart this life and exist as our soul, and to call it "everlasting" rather than "eternal" means "not forever, but only while we still have this life". Similarly, they change "immortality" into "incorruptibleness".

This is another example of how they change the words of the Bible to fit the square peg of scripture into the round hole of their doctrine.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13 Mar 16

Originally posted by divegeester
Christianity does not profess this belief.
Maybe you don't. Christianity does.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
13 Mar 16
2 edits

Originally posted by Suzianne
Then I'm sure you can demonstrate from scripture how a human being has an "immortal soul"?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Mar 16

Originally posted by divegeester
Then I'm sure you can demonstrate from scripture how a human being has an [b]"immortal soul"?[/b]
I would like to see that as well. Christ was clear that the soul can be destroyed.

Moves
13 Mar 16

Originally posted by Rajk999
I would like to see that as well. Christ was clear that the soul can be destroyed.
The soul of James Brown could never be destroyed.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Mar 16

Correct 😀

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
13 Mar 16

Amen

rc

Moves
13 Mar 16

eternal life is not the same thing as the doctrine of the immortality of the soul.

rc

Moves
13 Mar 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
Your Puritanism at work again I see. Man i bet the English were sending up balloons and rejoicing when you lot left Plymouth to inflict yourselves on the American natives.

Moves
13 Mar 16

eternal life is not the same thing as the doctrine of the immortality of the soul.
Says who?

rc

Moves
13 Mar 16

Says who?
says me.