1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Feb '17 15:291 edit
    Christians and seekers of God -

We do well not to seek "things" from God as independent blessings. But rather we should realize that all the "things" of God are Christ Himself.

Christ is a Person. But we often get sidetracked to want things of God apart from this Person. The Person - Christ, is all the positive things of God.

He did not come to teach truth apart from Himself.
    Christ IS the truth.

He did not come to shed light as a thing apart from Himself.
    Christ IS the light.

He said "I am the bread."
    The bread of life IS Jesus Christ Himself.

Rather than pray "Lord Jesus give me this bread of life" we should praise Him - "Lord Jesus, YOU are that bread of life."

He did not say that He was the giver of the light. He said He WAS the light. Even He did not separate the resurrection from Himself. Rather He told Martha -

" I am the resurrection and the life ..." (John 11:25)

I will present in this thread that everything is in Christ. And Christ is everything man needs.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Feb '17 15:34
    It is not that Christians do not have enough Christ. It is a problem that we have too many things other than Christ. Or we separate the things from Christ. We look into our own resources for the things. But we should look to Christ to BE all the rich things we need.

Of course the worldly people think Jesus came with some truth.
    But Jesus said He WAS the way, the truth, and the divine life (John 13:6).

You can save yourself years of foundering around. You can realize that what you seek is in Christ Himself. Do not ask God to give you patience. Thank God that Christ IS your patience. Take Christ Himself as your patience.

It is the same with love, wisdom, forgiveness, long-suffering, endurance, and all the godly attributes and high human virtues. Christ Himself is all these things to us. In Him is the fulness.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Feb '17 16:03
    Perhaps decades can be saved for the searching person when they realize that God has given mankind ONE all-inclusive blessing - Christ.

We do not need thousands of good things. We need to learn to take Christ as those things. Christ is the fulness in Whom are all the positive things God bestows.

Okay, on one hand Christ is the Redeemer. Yet on a deeper level the NT says Christ is made unto man REDEMPTION. Christ Himself in the redemption. The thing of redemption IS Jesus Christ. If you have Him you have redemption.

"But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became wisdom to us from God:
    both righteousness and sanctification and redemption." ( 1 Cor. 1:30)

If we need wisdom from God, Christ has become wisdom to us from God.

This wisdom is composed of three things which Christ has also become to the beleivers.

righteousness - that's Christ Himself.
    sanctification - that's also Christ Himself.
    redemption - that is Christ Himself.

Christ is made to the believer Wisdom from God.
    Christ is made to the believer righteousness, sanctification, and redemption.

Rather than seek things as things apart from Christ the Christian should see that Christ Himself IS those things from God.

"My righteousness is CHRIST".
    "My wisdom is CHRIST."
    "My sanctification is CHRIST."
    "My redemption is CHRIST."

Do you know what power ( Christ Himself as power ) will be released into your life when you see Christ is the fulness of every positive thing from God?

The seeking one who wants to be saved can also start by saying

Lord Jesus, from this moment on YOU are my past. Lord Jesus, from this moment on, YOU are the record of my history. Lord Jesus, my legacy is Christ. My whole past life is Christ. And my future is You Lord Jesus. "

God honors that we confess that we do not need a thousand things apart from Christ. We just need Christ Himself to be everything we need.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Feb '17 16:221 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    Christians and seekers of God -

We do well not to seek "things" from God as independent blessings. But rather we should realize that all the "things" of God are Christ Himself.

Christ is a Person. But we often get sidetracked to want things of God apart from this Person. The Person - Christ, is all the positive things of God.

He did not come to t ...[text shortened]...
    I will present in this thread that everything is in Christ. And Christ is everything man needs.
    Finally a post of yours which I fully agree with 🙂
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Feb '17 16:37
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Finally a post of yours which I fully agree with 🙂
    That's good.

Jesus Christ is Wonderful.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Feb '17 18:01
    Perhaps decades can be saved for the searching person when they realize that God has given mankind ONE all-inclusive blessing - [b]Christ.

We do not need thousands of good things. We need to learn to take Christ as those things. Christ is the fulness in Whom are all the positive things God bestows.

Okay, on one hand Christ is the Redeemer. Yet on ...[text shortened]... need a thousand things apart from Christ. We just need Christ Himself to be everything we need.[/b]
    Outstanding
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Feb '17 18:321 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Outstanding
    Splendid.
    So perhaps you might see that Christ as Grace to us from God is really not overthinking what Grace is ?

No need to reply immediately. Just muse on it.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Feb '17 18:42
    That's good.

Jesus Christ is Wonderful.
    Indeed, that has been my honest personal experience and I'm happy to tell everyone here that.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Feb '17 18:48
    It is crucial to see that Christ is a living Person. Since His resurrection He is available and living yet unusual like no other Person.

But though He is a Person we Christians often think PLUS the Person of Jesus Christ there are many things we need also. No, Christ is made to us all that God has for us.

All the blessings are simply bits of Christ. Christ as an available living Person is all the good things of God. We do not need Christ (plus) many things. We need a deeper appreciation and enjoyment of Christ to BE all the things.

We can begin our Christian life by realizing the astounding fact that Christ not only BORE our sins. Yes, He did bare are sins in His body up on the tree of the cross. But the word of God goes even further and says Christ BECAME sin.

Do you realize I can say "Lord Jesus, You saved me by BECOMING sin for me. Lord You did as One becomming my sin that I might be saved. Halellujah! "

How do I know that? How can we be convinced that Christ even became SIN for us on His cross?

Here -

" Him who did not know sin He made sin on our behalf that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." (2 Cor. 5:21)

We could be besides ourselves with joy at this revelation. Christ became SIN the in exchange we sinners might become, not just justified, not just approved, not just forgiven, and not just righteous or right with God ... BUT

" ... the RIGHTEOUSNESS of God in Him"

You see if we are put INTO Christ Christ to us becomes the RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD."

Would someone please go and tell Rajk999? In Christ we became the very " righteousness of God in Him."

Tell Robbie.
    Tell FMF.
    TELL ME!

In Christ, the one Who became SIN for us on His cross, we in Him are made God's righteousness in Him. For Christ is the righteousness of God.

Don't believe your failure. Believe the word of God.
    Don't believe the accusation of the Devil.
    Believe the truth of God and that truth will become the transforming grace working from the center to the circumference of our beings.

Oh, it is so good. Please let me write it again.

"Him who did not know sin He made sin on our behalf that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." (2 Cor. 5:21)
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Feb '17 19:07
    So Christian, what is your need ?

What is your love for others? It is Christ.

Do you need patience with your spouse, your children, your president?
    Your patience is Christ.

Do you need wisdom to untangle some thorny life issues?
    Confess to God - 'Lord Jesus - YOU are my wisdom.".

You need to be consecrated to serve God?
    Take Christ Himself as your consecration.

Do you have a problem with remembering things you want to forget?
    Go to Christ and proclaim -

"Lord Jesus, You are my memory. Lord Jesus YOU remember for me what I should remember and YOU forget for me what I should forget."

What is our victory?
    Our victory is Christ.
    What is our fellowship?
    Our fellowship is Christ.

What is our security, our assurance, and our enjoyment?
    Our security is Christ.
    Our assurance is Christ.
    Our enjoyment is Christ.

What is our kingdom of God?
    Our kingdom of God is just Christ.
    Our church is also Christ and nothing but Christ.

A brother said again "It is not that we do not have enough Christ. It is that we have too many things other than Christ."
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Feb '17 19:24
    Okay, so you are over fifty years old. Perhaps you have more yesterdays than tomorrows.
    What is your past?
    You should say "Lord Jesus, you are my entire past."
    Your past is Christ.

Maybe your are at the dawn of adulthood - 20 or something. You have golden hopes about the future. But you would do well to take Christ as your entire future.

"Lord Jesus Christ, You are my future. Lord Jesus, You are my destiny, my destination, my age and my eternity."

God will honor our throwing our lives open to Christ and applying Christ to everything.

Now look again at 1 Corinthians 1:30 Pauls tells us that our BOAST is the Lord Jesus Christ. It is Him in whom we boast as our everything.

"But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became wisdom to us from God: both righteousness and sanctification and redemption,

That as it is written, He who boasts, let him boast in the Lord." (vs. 30,31)

If you are able to receive it.

Wisdom from God is of three parts -

righteousness - as related to our past. By Christ we have been justified.
    sanctification - as related to our ongoing growth in the process of the Christian life.
    redemption - as related to the final redemption climax, the transfiguration of our bodies.

Towards our past, towards our present, and towards our future Christ is made all that we need. Christ is the wisdom to us of these three components. Christ is made these things to us Christian believers.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Feb '17 23:13
    It is crucial to see that Christ is a living Person. Since His resurrection He is available and living yet unusual like no other Person.

But though He is a Person we Christians often think PLUS the Person of Jesus Christ there are many things we need also. No, Christ is made to us all that God has for us.

All the blessings are simply bits of Christ. ...[text shortened]... n our behalf that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." (2 Cor. 5:21)
    [/quote][/b]
    The devils know and believe all you say about Jesus Christ, just like many do.

BUT

They would not be welcomed into the Kingdom of God. Nobody enters the Kingdom of God until they have pleased God in some way. Some by their faith, some by the works, but nobody by just talking and shouting that they know Christ. It does not work that way.

So far you have been unable to clearly and concisely explain what it is that is needed to enter the Kingdom of God. You just cannot do it because what Jesus said to do conflicts with the teachings of a man you have placed on a pedestal.
  13. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    23 Feb '17 23:28
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    The devils know and believe all you say about Jesus Christ, just like many do.

BUT

They would not be welcomed into the Kingdom of God. Nobody enters the Kingdom of God until they have pleased God in some way. Some by their faith, some by the works, but nobody by just talking and shouting that they know Christ. It does not work that way.

So far you h ...[text shortened]... ause what Jesus said to do conflicts with the teachings of a man you have placed on a pedestal.
    It is love that saves us.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Feb '17 00:131 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999

Nobody enters the Kingdom of God until they have pleased God in some way.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No one is more pleasing to God than Christ.

Standing on Him, standing in Him and being saturated with Him man not only enters into the kingdom of God, he becomes the kingdom of God.

You enter into the human kingdom by possessing the human life.
    And you enter into the kingdom of God by possessing the life of God.

Peter writes of the believers becoming "partakers of the divine nature".
    That is participants in the divine nature.
    The divine nature is the kingdom of God nature.

" Seeing His divine power has granted to us all things which pertain to life and godliness, through the full knowledge of Him who has called us by his own glory and virtue.

Through which He has granted to us precious and exceedingly great promises that through these you might become PARTAKERS OF THE DIVINE NATURE, having escaped the corruption which is in the world by lust." (2 Pet. 1:3-4)

Out from this nature is Christ Himself as all the things conforming man to the image of Christ. And the multiplying of these riches furnished a "richly and bountifully supplied" " entrance" into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Christ.

" For in this way the entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be richly and bountifully supplied to you." ( 2 Peter 1:11)

This thread is not your usual dreary and dire warning about a way not to enter, as if praising and rejoicing on the way is disqualifying.

I prefer to spend time on the precious and exceedingly great promises by which men become " partakers of the divine nature," - the kingdom nature - to escape the corruption of the world and have an entrance into the eternal kingdom richly supplied.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Feb '17 00:23
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    It is love that saves us.
    Sonship is not a believer in love and charity. He preaches a doctrine that a man is saved by professing his faith in Christ, and that nothing else is required. In fact even if the man subsequent to accepting Christ, continues with sin and evil , he will still enter the Kingdom of God. It s a doctrine that places emphasis on mouth worship rather than on love.

If you look through this thread [as all others started by him] its all about talk and nothing about brotherly love.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree