1. northern utah
    Moves
    12 Mar '24 20:13
    I know something about kemet ( egypt to you ).

Abraham of the bible did not obey circumscism to obey whom they considered God.

it was practiced by the egyptians long before what is written in the Torah.

"Based on engraved evidence found on walls and evidence from mummies, circumcision has been dated to at least as early as 6000 BCE in ancient Egypt. Ancient Egyptian mummies, which have been dated as early as 4000 BCE, show evidence of having undergone circumcision."
  2. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    12 Mar '24 20:581 edit
    @the-grifter said

"Based on engraved evidence found on walls and evidence from mummies, circumcision has been dated to at least as early as 6000 BCE in ancient Egypt. Ancient Egypt ...[text shortened]... ummies, which have been dated as early as 4000 BCE, show evidence of having undergone circumcision."
    That's nice, but why are you telling us this?
  3. northern utah
    Moves
    12 Mar '24 21:27
    @mchill

I tell you this to show that the three great religions of modern times are derived from an older understanding and not themselves the truth.

not being the truth their is no reason to engage in war in something that is not true.

seek truth and not was has been written by man.
  4. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    12 Mar '24 21:37
    @the-grifter said
    @mchill

I tell you this to show that the three great religions of modern times are derived from an older understanding and not themselves the truth.

not being the truth their is no reason to engage in war in something that is not true.

seek truth and not was has been written by man.

Interesting. So - how much older is this "older" understanding??
  5. northern utah
    Moves
    12 Mar '24 22:05
    @mchill

I do not pretend to know.

I just push away the sand but the sand just keeps dropping into the place I have shoveled away the sand.
  6. SubscriberPianoman1
    Nil desperandum
    Seedy piano bar
    Moves
    13 Mar '24 20:11
    @the-grifter said

"Based on engraved evidence found on walls and evidence from mummies, circumcision has been dated to at least as early as 6000 BCE in ancient Egypt. Ancient Egypt ...[text shortened]... ummies, which have been dated as early as 4000 BCE, show evidence of having undergone circumcision."
    I don’t understand. What is circumscism? I am acquainted with circumcism, indeed I am circumcised myself, but I have not come across circumscism. Please elucidate….
  7. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    13 Mar '24 22:18
    @pianoman1 said
    I don’t understand. What is circumscism? I am acquainted with circumcism, indeed I am circumcised myself, but I have not come across circumscism. Please elucidate….
    It's when there's a big argument over whether the practice is still appropriate for modern times, and half the church leaves and forms a new "uncut" denomination.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Mar '24 05:22
    @bigdogg said
    It's when there's a big argument over whether the practice is still appropriate for modern times, and half the church leaves and forms a new "uncut" denomination.
    I see what you did there. 🙂
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    14 Mar '24 08:41
    @pianoman1 said
    It's a typo for "circum-schism," which was a schismatical sect of ancient Sumarians who believed the Earth is circum-navigable with a hot-air balloon. They were ostrich-sized by the Sumarian Great King Nuzzybullahtuttifruitti and fled to Egypt, where they failed in their attempt, not due to lack of hot air, but rather due to lack of inventing the balloon. This feat was accomplished by Joseph and Étienne Montgolfier, on 19 Sept. 1783.

https://en.chateauversailles.fr/discover/history/key-dates/first-hot-air-balloon-flight

Fun fact.
  10. Standard memberCarnivorum
    Grandpatzer
    Earth
    Moves
    16 Mar '24 18:20
    @moonbus said
    It's a typo for "circum-schism," which was a schismatical sect of ancient Sumarians who believed the Earth is circum-navigable with a hot-air balloon. They were ostrich-sized by the Sumarian Great King Nuzzybullahtuttifruitti and fled to Egypt, where they failed in their attempt, not due to lack of hot air, but rather due to lack of inventing the balloon. This feat was accomp ...[text shortened]... tps://en.chateauversailles.fr/discover/history/key-dates/first-hot-air-balloon-flight

Fun fact.
    Thanks for sharing this with us moonbus.
  11. Standard memberCarnivorum
    Grandpatzer
    Earth
    Moves
    07 Apr '24 17:48
    Keep in mind that male circumcision gives a strong protection against all kinds of nasty diseases, among them AIDS.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Apr '24 21:15
    @the-grifter said
    “To you”

What are we… plebs to you?
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Apr '24 06:55
    @moonbus said
    It's a typo for "circum-schism," which was a schismatical sect of ancient Sumarians who believed the Earth is circum-navigable with a hot-air balloon. They were ostrich-sized by the Sumarian Great King Nuzzybullahtuttifruitti and fled to Egypt, where they failed in their attempt, not due to lack of hot air, but rather due to lack of inventing the balloon. This feat was accomp ...[text shortened]... tps://en.chateauversailles.fr/discover/history/key-dates/first-hot-air-balloon-flight

Fun fact.
    "Ostrich-sized"

I giggled over this. Don't judge me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree