1. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '16 15:361 edit
    Originally posted by chaney3
    I agree, and I have recently posted this same sort of message to FMF in a different thread. I used the word 'angry' in my post, which Ghost didn't agree with, but there is surely something to what you are saying here. FMF was a Christian, and he believed in God. Now, in almost every single post to any person of faith (Dive excluded), he mocks those people ...[text shortened]... posts with Ghost, because while being an atheist, he has respect for another's position of God.
    Its the ultimate irony, a double maybe even triple cheeseburger of irony, because had FMF stuck to Christian principles, 'stop judging one another', 'take the rafter out of your own eye' etc he could have avoided morphing into what he most wanted to avoid becoming.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 May '16 20:431 edit
    FMF was a Christian, and he believed in God...
    So were you, according to your very first post in this forum.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 May '16 20:503 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Its the ultimate irony, a double maybe even triple cheeseburger of irony, because had FMF stuck to Christian principles, 'stop judging one another', 'take the rafter out of your own eye' etc he could have avoided morphing into what he most wanted to avoid becoming.
    Your intellectual and moral underpants have been at your ankles in this forum so many times that it has become a running joke.

You were comprehensively called out and intellectually dismantled in various threads over the topics FMF listed previously.
    You denied that what everyone else posting on the matter agreed was in fact "marital rape", even existed.
    You defended your organisation's leaders covering up allegations of child sex abuse.
    You accuse FMF of being a pedophile
    You claimed I had the same morals as the 19th century lychers of black people and of being a son of satan.

Your an arse.

Sir. [sic]
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '16 20:53
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Your intellectual and moral underpants have been at your ankles in this forum so many times that it has become a running joke.

You were comprehensively called out and intellectually dismantled in various threads over the topics FMF listed previously.
    You denied that what everyone else posting on the matter agreed was in fact "marital rape", even exi ...[text shortened]... 9th century lychers of black people and of being a son of satan.

Your an arse.

Sir. [sic]
    Did I say intellectually stifling? I rest my case.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '16 20:58
    So were you, according to your very first post in this forum.
    Dive, you and FMF are pals, so its not a surprise that you are jumping in here. The story would be different if he constantly waited for you to post something spiritual* and then immediately responded to YOU with "Dive...does your 'God figure'......with a smug and condescending attitude about your beliefs.

It doesn't happen to YOU because your pal FMF reserves his smug comments for other 'spiritual idiots' on this forum and ignores yours.

*on rare occasion that it happens
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 May '16 20:59
    I rest my case.
    Incidentally, you often use this phase but it doesn't mean what I think you think it means.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 May '16 21:011 edit
    Dive, you and FMF are pals, so its not a surprise that you are jumping in here. The story would be different if he constantly waited for you to post something spiritual* and then immediately responded to YOU with "Dive...does your 'God figure'......with a smug and condescending attitude about your beliefs.

It doesn't happen to YOU because your pal FMF re ...[text shortened]... r other 'spiritual idiots' on this forum and ignores yours.

*on rare occasion that it happens
    Never mind all that waffle.

In your first post in this forum you told us that you had always considered yourself to be a Christian, now you are not a Christian. How does that make you any different from FMF on the topic of being an ex Christian, and why are you attacking him about being an ex Christian?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '16 21:20
    Never mind all that waffle.

In your first post in this forum you told us that you had always considered yourself to be a Christian, now you are not a Christian. How does that make you any different from FMF on the topic of being an ex Christian, and why are you attacking him about being an ex Christian?
    It's only 'waffle' to you because its your buddy.

I will wait for the day when FMF attacks your 'God figure' to continue our discussion. When he belittles your 'make believe man in the sky', we will talk again.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 May '16 21:221 edit
    It's only 'waffle' to you because its your buddy.

I will wait for the day when FMF attacks your 'God figure' to continue our discussion. When he belittles your 'make believe man in the sky', we will talk again.
    It's "waffle" because you are using it to avoid addressing my point.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 May '16 23:14
    Now, in almost every single post to any person of faith (Dive excluded), he mocks those people with phrases such as 'your God figure", or 'your superstitious being figure' in a bitter tone....when he once believed in those 'figures and beings' himself.
    I don't think referring to the different versions of the Christian God propagated by various people here each as their "God figure" is mocking at all. I think it reflects that what people see as their "God" is not always the same figure and that different bits of ideology are attached to the figure they perceive.

I have never used the expression "your superstitious being figure". I have never used the expression "spiritual idiots". I have never used the expression "make believe man in the sky". I think some of the most mocking and abusive insults aimed at Christians and their beliefs on this forum over the last year have come from you. There is nothing I have said that comes anywhere near the invective you have produced.
  11. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    04 May '16 00:48
    My friends seeing that I have been cajoled out of semi-retirement I will lay the facts before you. FMF has stated that I am a 'rape apologist' and 'an apologist for the cover up of child abuse' etc etc Now the slanderous intent aside this is exactly the type of intellectually stifling rational meltdown that I have been referring to. Let us look at ...[text shortened]... the focus is taken from the issue and levelled against the personality, ITS THE ULTIMATE IRONY!
    Do JW's have confession? The issues surrounding child abuse in various faiths are not connected with the confidentiality of the confessional.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 May '16 06:511 edit
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Do JW's have confession? The issues surrounding child abuse in various faiths are not connected with the confidentiality of the confessional.
    I have just outlined to you two of the issues, penitent privilege and mandatory reporting, tell the forum how these are not related to the issue of reporting child abuse. You may wish to do some research prior to answering.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 May '16 06:572 edits
    I have just outlined to you two of the issues, penitent privilege and mandatory reporting, tell the forum how these are not related to the issue of reporting child abuse.
    There is absolutely no defendable moral position from which you can favourably describe the actions of the leaders in that particular branch of the JWs. Thousands of allegations of child sexual abuse by leaders in your church not being reported to the police is a cover to prevent potential reputation damage to the organisation, the royal commission actually points this out in their report. Your willingness to repeatedly and vociferously defend the covering up is a huge issue for your reputation in here Robbie but you seem unable to comprehend that.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 May '16 07:132 edits
    There is absolutely no defesiblby moral position from which you can favourably describe the actions of the leaders in that particular branch of the JWs. Thousands of allegations of child sexual abuse by leaders in your church not being reported to the police is a cover to prevent potential reputation damage to the organisation, the royal commission actua ...[text shortened]... ng up is a huge issue for your reputation in here Robbie but you seem unable to comprehend that.
    Did I not say that your narrow minded, one dimensional, cardboard cut out, self righteous, self assuming, judgemental, fingerpointing propensity to moralise almost every issue that you face was intellectually stifling? thank you for demonstrating once again the reality of that fact! The issue is not exclusive to Jehovahs witnesses, its not even exclusive to religious organisations, its a societal problem. How you fail to grasp this I cannot say. If you cannot address the issues objectively without making these intellectually stifling moral denunciations which reflect nothing more than an irrational prejudice and a dim understanding of the issues involved then may I suggest the general forum where you can muse about your favourite sandwich until your heart is content, you know, something thats more suited to your level.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 May '16 07:38
    The issue is not exclusive to Jehovahs witnesses, its not even exclusive to religious organisations, its a societal problem.
    Of course it not exclusive to Jehovah's witnesses. But that is not the issue.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree