1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Jan '15 17:051 edit
    Originally posted by catstorm
    Different breeds of dog are not different species. Genuine evolution resulting in the production of new species (which breed successfully only within their species) has been observed and is now accepted as fact by all biologists, including creationists. Go to CreationWiki, speciation. The word 'kind' is not a.word used as a classification by biologists. Creationists themselves do not agree on what it means.
    YOU SAY:

Different breeds of dog are not different species.

In that case natural selection can only produce different breeds of animals. It can not produce different species of animals, because both natural selection and selective breeding operate on the same reproductive process in animals.

Yes, I know "Kind" is not a classifiaction used by biologist, but it is used by God in the Holy Bible and that is what special creation is all about.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Jan '15 17:141 edit
    Have you read 'On the Origin of Species'?
    Yes I have read Darwin's book. Darwin seems to think a different "species" of finch is produced when its beak changes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin's_finches
  3. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    24 Jan '15 17:20
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Yes I have read Darwin's book. Darwin seems to think a different "species" of finch is produced when its beak changes.

Well, we do distinguish between species based on their characteristics.
  4. Joined
    28 Aug '10
    Moves
    24 Jan '15 17:23
    Natural selection does produce new species and Creation Science agrees with this in their own literature. Darwin's finches were different species, not because of their beaks, but because they were reproductively isolated. That is the definition of 'species' used by both creationists and evolutionists.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Jan '15 17:26
    Different breeds of dog are not different species. Genuine evolution resulting in the production of new species (which breed successfully only within their species) has been observed and is now accepted as fact by all biologists, including creationists. Go to CreationWiki, speciation. The word 'kind' is not a.word used as a classification by biologists. Creationists themselves do not agree on what it means.
    CreationWiki is a free, online, wiki-based encyclopaedia written from what it calls a "uniquely creationist perspective". Although it contains a mixture of half truths, outright lies and deliberate distortions, its authors, sadly, hope it will be taken seriously.

It is unclear how the site's editors reconcile their belief in the ultimate authority of the Bible with their deliberate promotion of falsehoods and disinformation. Perhaps they have an updated edition of the Bible in which the Ninth Commandment now reads "Thou shalt bear false witness against thy neighbor." or "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor, except to promote thy religious beliefs and political agenda."

The site has hundreds of contributors, but the number of contributors who are "seriously active" is comparatively small, potentially limited to the founder, and one or two additional users.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/CreationWiki
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Jan '15 17:32
    Natural selection does produce new species and Creation Science agrees with this in their own literature. Darwin's finches were different species, not because of their beaks, but because they were reproductively isolated. That is the definition of 'species' used by both creationists and evolutionists.
    If natural selection produces new species then so does selective breeding of animals by humans. Human breeders reproductively isolate dogs too.
  7. Joined
    28 Aug '10
    Moves
    24 Jan '15 17:50
    No, dog breeders have not produced any new species. That new species are formed in nature is a proven, observed fact which is disputed by no one. Are you dismissing CreationWiki, the official site of the Creation Science movement, based on the word of RationalWiki, a collection of rationalists, agnostics, atheists etc.? Are you saying that both the evolutionists and the creationists are wrong?
    The Institute for Creation Research, Answers in Genesis and every other creationist group I have seen all admit the formation of new species by Natural Selection.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Jan '15 22:03
    No, dog breeders have not produced any new species. That new species are formed in nature is a proven, observed fact which is disputed by no one. Are you dismissing CreationWiki, the official site of the Creation Science movement, based on the word of RationalWiki, a collection of rationalists, agnostics, atheists etc.? Are you saying that both the evol ...[text shortened]... other creationist group I have seen all admit the formation of new species by Natural Selection.
    I dispute it.

I am dismissing CreationWiki for claiming to be the official site for Creation science. I only quoted RationalWiki for your enjoyment.

I am saying I believe I am right.

It all depends on the definition of words, such as breeds and species.
  9. Joined
    28 Aug '10
    Moves
    24 Jan '15 22:16
    Fair enough. My point is that people who dispute an opinion about the Bible are not necessarily disputing the Bible itself. I have a certain amount of bitterness toward people who claim to speak for God. I don't mean to turn this toward you.
  10. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    25 Jan '15 10:121 edit

Yes I have read Darwin's book.

I'm sure you have.
  11. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    25 Jan '15 10:26
    Originally posted by sonhouse

So the bible god 6 day creation myth isn't even Jewish.[/b]
    And another cartouche shows the Hebrews were actually a small group of Caananites.
  12. Joined
    28 Aug '10
    Moves
    25 Jan '15 19:20
    When I say that Darwin was right, I mean he was right about the formation of new species, which is admitted by all biologists, whether creationist or not. Creationists not only admit that speciation occurs, they rely on it to get all the animals on the Ark. RJHinds, if you have your own private definition of the word 'species', different from the one used by every biologist in the world, it will be very difficult to talk to you.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Jan '15 08:51
    When I say that Darwin was right, I mean he was right about the formation of new species, which is admitted by all biologists, whether creationist or not. Creationists not only admit that speciation occurs, they rely on it to get all the animals on the Ark. RJHinds, if you have your own private definition of the word 'species', different from the one used by every biologist in the world, it will be very difficult to talk to you.
    SPECIES

noun, plural species.

1. a class of individuals having some common characteristics or qualities; distinct sort or kind.

2. Biology. the major subdivision of a genus or subgenus, regarded as the basic category of biological classification, composed of related individuals that resemble one another, are able to breed among themselves, but are not able to breed with members of another species.

3. Logic. a.one of the classes of things included with other classes in a genus.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/species

I accept the above definitions for species.

Darwin's book never explained the origin of species. No creationist that I am aware of believes Darwin's finches and their changes in beaks explained anything about the Origin of Species.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Jan '15 08:59
    Darwin's book never explained the origin of species.
    You clearly lied when you claimed you had read it.

No creationist that I am aware of believes Darwin's finches and their changes in beaks explained anything about the Origin of Species.
    So you accept that Darwins finches are related? You have just contradicted yourself without realizing it.
  15. Germany
    Moves
    26 Jan '15 16:04
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    You clearly lied when you claimed you had read it.
    Perhaps his chess engine has read it for him.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree