1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Feb '17 22:20
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Kiss Dive's butt if you want.

I am not interested.
    Come on you know you want to pucker up...
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    14 Feb '17 22:35
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    The point is whether if there is any chance of recovery
    I understood that's what you probably had in mind with "Million Dollar Baby".

I was asking your opinion on a general voluntary euthanasia where it is solely the decision of the individual, so long as they are not incapacitated or have let their wishes be known via a living will.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    15 Feb '17 01:22
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    No Joe, Hitler would be a bad example, and by recognised internet protocol, mention of Hitler automatically loses you the argument.

Example:

Peter. "I don't like cats."
    Joe. "That sounds like something Hitler would say."
    I don't think you, thinkofnothing or karoly are following the thread.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Feb '17 04:32
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    I understood that's what you probably had in mind with "Million Dollar Baby".

I was asking your opinion on a general voluntary euthanasia where it is solely the decision of the individual, so long as they are not incapacitated or have let their wishes be known via a living will.
    Absolutely the decision of the individual.

The fact that the "state" has taken over our bodies is sign that we are living in a matrix/alien - type world.
    In my state suicide is illegal. Think about that for a moment
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    15 Feb '17 12:301 edit

The fact that the "state" has taken over our bodies is sign that we are living in a matrix/alien - type world.
    Sounds like the state is holding up the sanctity of life where you live. Is not life sacred?

The state exists to prevent morons from harming themselves or others because some people are just too stupid to know better. Maybe you'll think about that for a moment, but probably not.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Feb '17 12:58
    Originally posted by josephw
    I don't think you, thinkofnothing or karoly are following the thread.
    Better sir not to follow the thread, than to lose the plot.

Just saying. 😵
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    15 Feb '17 13:18
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Better sir not to follow the thread, than to lose the plot.

Just saying. 😵
    There's a plot? 😉
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Feb '17 00:461 edit

Most people don't care that much, unless it is for political or some askew ideology.
    But if you or your family was affected you may well think of it quite differently.

I'll repeat :suicide is illegal in Queensland (my state). This is the height of stupidity and the failure of governments to address this problem is a sham.
    This country which is more or less the best we have in the world. If you don't have a job the government will subsidize you because it can ( smalll poplation)
    So no reason not to stay alive in a relatively good way.
    Then why the high suicide rate? expecially amongst youth? Another example that capitalism and redneck values have a real toll in the country towns in Australia
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Feb '17 22:082 edits
    Sounds like the state is holding up the sanctity of life where you live. Is not life sacred?

The state exists to prevent morons from harming themselves or others because some people are just too stupid to know better. Maybe you'll think about that for a moment, but probably not.
    The state doesn't care about morons harming themselves (and it certainly doesn't exist to prevent self harm). They are worried about lawsuits in this over politically correct world
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Feb '17 22:42

Wow, kill yourself and you go to jail.
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    16 Feb '17 23:07
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Wow, kill yourself and you go to jail.
    Repeat offenders get the death penalty.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Feb '17 22:211 edit
    Originally posted by JS357
    Repeat offenders get the death penalty.
    Just complete systematic failure. And the suicide rates are substantial.

Of course they don't mind spending 100 000's on cameras on tall bridges so "authorities" can intervene. But I rarely hear of anyone getting adequate effective counselling. They'll be cutting those camera wires soon.
    Point is, like smoking weed (for example) it is fairly hard to police.
  13. Joined
    27 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Feb '17 09:39
    There would seem to be a reasonable case for voluntary ( or assisted suicide ) but what about the grey areas, like alzheimer's where a person is no longer capable understanding ?
  14. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    20 Feb '17 10:10
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne".
    We should force incapacitated people to stick around? What is the moral guideline utilized here.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 22:43

morons?
    Probably more like psychologically disturbed individuals who need proper care rather than being locked up for attempting suicide

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree