"Evidence You Can’t Ignore"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
22 Jan 15

May I refer those of you with inquiring minds on the subject of the mechanics of learning to Thread 162427 (Page 7)

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
24 Jan 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
[b]"Evidence You Can’t Ignore"

[i]"The title of this article is “Evidence You Can’t Ignore”. That, however, is unfortunately and obviously, not the total truth. You can choose to ignore anything you wish to. However, the evidence supporting Jesus Christ is VERY strong, and if you walk away not at least thinking about the possibility that Jesu ...[text shortened]... u concur with these findings? If not, aren't you interested in considering the claims of Christ?[/b]
What about the strong and irrefutable evidence of the Vedas explaining all things spiritual and transcendental.

The Supreme Personality of Godhead is discussed to the satisfaction of all who enquire.

All is found in the [18 volume "Srimad Bhagavatam"] translated into english by His Divine Grace AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Prubhupada.

Any religion which defends animal slaughter like Christianity .........( is a Bogus religion)

YOU MUST REALIZE THIS......................or else dishonesty is your friend.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
24 Jan 15

Originally posted by Dasa
What about the strong and irrefutable evidence of the Vedas explaining all things spiritual and transcendental.

The Supreme Personality of Godhead is discussed to the satisfaction of all who enquire.

All is found in the [18 volume "Srimad Bhagavatam"] translated into english by His Divine Grace AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Prubhupada.

Any religion which defe ...[text shortened]... Bogus religion)

YOU MUST REALIZE THIS......................or else dishonesty is your friend.
Where in the New Testament is there a defence of animal slaughter? It's simply not a prohibition in the religion. Not forbidding something is not the same as defending it.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
26 Jan 15
1 edit

"4. Jesus’ Ministry
He came to the downtrodden and brokenhearted. He would heal and perform miraculous signs.

Prophecy:

“Then the eyes of the blind will be opened, and the ears of the deaf will be unstopped. Then the lame will leap like a deer, and the tongue of the dumb will shout for joy. For ...[text shortened]... -6 of 7)[/b]

https://philippians1v21.wordpress.com/why-believe-in-jesus/evidence-you-cant-ignore/

"Judas Iscariot was paid 30 pieces of silver for betraying Jesus. After he did this, he took the money back to the Pharisees and threw it back to them. The money was used by this group to by the “Potter’s Field” (Matt 27:3-10).

7. That the Messiah Would Die, When and How He would Die

It was prophesied that the Jews would turn their backs on Him and betray Him. The fact that he was whipped and pierced and bore our sins was written before it occurred. These prophecies were written long before the execution method of crucifixion was even invented or used. My commentary is in red [parenthesis here].

"After this period of sixty-two sets of seven, the Anointed One will be killed, appearing to have accomplished nothing, and a ruler will arise whose armies will destroy the city and the Temple." ~ Daniel 9:26 (Jesus died without changing the political situation of Roman rule. The temple in Jerusalem was destroyed by the Roman Empire in 70 AD, only 37 years after Christ’s death. So this prophecy is accurate in that the Messiah was killed before the destruction of the temple.)

"He was despised and rejected— a man of sorrows, acquainted with deepest grief. We turned our backs on him and looked the other way. He was despised, and we did not care. Yet it was our weaknesses he carried; it was our sorrows that weighed him down. And we thought his troubles were a punishment from God, a punishment for his own sins! But he was pierced for our rebellion, crushed for our sins. He was beaten so we could be whole. He was whipped so we could be healed. All of us, like sheep, have strayed away. We have left God’s paths to follow our own. Yet the Lord laid on him the sins of us all." ~ Isaiah 53:3-6 (Jesus was whipped and pierced during crucifixion, John 19:1, 20:25, 27. He bore our sins, Mark 10:45)

“Then I will pour out a spirit of grace and prayer on the family of David and on the people of Jerusalem. They will look on me whom they have pierced and mourn for him as for an only son. They will grieve bitterly for him as for a firstborn son who has died.” ~ Zach 12:10 (Jesus’ side was pierced by a spear, John 19:34)

“They also gave me gall for my food and for my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink.” ~ Psalms 69:21 (They offered vinegar mixed with gall to Jesus, Matt 27:34)

“Unjustly condemned, he was led away. No one cared that he died without descendants, that his life was cut short in midstream. But he was struck down for the rebellion of my people.” ~ Isaiah 53:8 (Jesus was found innocent, yet executed, John 19)

“My enemies surround me like a pack of dogs; an evil gang closes in on me. They have pierced my hands and feet. My enemies stare at me and gloat. They divide my garments among themselves and throw dice for my clothing.” ~ Psalms 22:16-18 (Jesus’ hands and feet were pierced during crucifixion when he was nailed to the cross. His enemies stared and him and gloated. The Roman soldiers gambled for his clothes, Matt 27:35-43)

“I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.”~ Psalms 22:14 (when Jesus’ side was pierced it punctured the liquid layer around his heart (the Pericardium) and blood and water ran out, John 19:34-37)

“For the Lord protects the bones of the righteous; not one of them is broken!” ~ Psalms 34:10 (None of Jesus’ bones were broken during his crucifixion, John 19:33-36)

“They must not leave any of the lamb until the next morning, and they must not break any of its bones. They must follow all the normal regulations concerning the Passover.” ~ Num 9:12 (God set this up in early Jewish sacrifices as a foreshadowing of Jesus’ crucifixion. None of Jesus’ bones were broken during his crucifixion. He was taken down off the cross and buried in a tomb in a rush before the end of the evening because the next day was the passover celebration, Matt 27:57-62)

If you are interested by this, there are so many more. Check out this web page. It lists 300 fulfilled prophecies. http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/messiah.htm" ~Jake McWhirter (Part 7 of 7 / Postscript to Follow)

https://philippians1v21.wordpress.com/why-believe-in-jesus/evidence-you-cant-ignore/

r

Moves
30 Jan 15
1 edit

[b]"Evidence You Can’t Ignore"

"Judas Iscariot was paid 30 pieces of silver for betraying Jesus. After he did this, he took the money back to the Pharisees and threw it back to them. The money was used by this group to by the “Potter’s Field” (Matt 27:3-10).

It was prophesie ...[text shortened]... Follow)

https://philippians1v21.wordpress.com/why-believe-in-jesus/evidence-you-cant-ignore/[/b]
(2 Corinthians 1:20) For no matter how many the promises of God are, they have become “yes” by means of him. Therefore, also through him is the “Amen” said to God, which brings him glory through us.
Jesus is the fulfillment of all the Prophecies and promises Jehovah God inspired to be written in the Hebrew Scriptures starting with Genesis 3:15 down through the Abrahamic Covenant, the Davidic Covenant, The Melchizedekian Covenant, up to the New Covenant and the Kingdom Covenant. All of these were fulfilled through the Messiah, Christ Jesus.
It was all done to sanctify Jehovah's name and as a secondary goal to provide a propitiatory sacrifice to buy mankind back from the death Adam brought on us.
(Genesis 2:16, 17) Jehovah God also gave this command to the man: “From every tree of the garden you may eat to satisfaction. 17 But as for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad, you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will certainly die.”
Along with clearing His name, God bailed us out through His 1st born Son.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Feb 15
1 edit

It was prophesied t ...[text shortened]... t to Follow)

"Evidence You Can't Ignore" (Postscript)

"If you are interested by this, there are so many more. Check out this web page. It lists 300 fulfilled prophecies. http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/messiah.htm

Here is some additional evidence to show that the Bible is from God and not man.

What the Bible Said (2,000-3,000 years ago)... What Science Said... Then What Science Has Learned

* The earth is a sphere (Isaiah 40:22). The earth is a flat disk. The earth is a sphere.

* There are innumerable stars (Jer 33:22). Only about 1,100 stars. Innumerable stars.

* Earth floats in space (Job 26:7). Earth rested on a large animal. Earth suspended in space.

* Everything comprised of invisible elements (Heb 11:13). Science had no explanation for this subject. Everything made of invisible elements (atoms).

* Each star is different (1 Cor 15:41). All stars were the same. Each star is very unique.

* Light moves (Job 38:19-20). Light was fixed in place. Light moves.
Air has weight (Job 28:25). Air was considered weightless. Air has mass and weight.

* Winds blow in cyclones (Ecc 1:6). Winds only blew straight. Winds frequently blow in cyclones.

* Blood is the source of life and health (Lev 17:11). Sick people should be bled to cure them. Blood source of life and health.

* Ocean floors contain deep valleys and mountains (2 Sam 22:16, Jonah 2:6). The ocean floor was flat. Ocean floor contains deep valleys and mountains.

* Ocean contains springs of water (Job 38:16). Ocean fed solely by rivers and rain. Ocean contains springs.

* When dealing with disease, hands should be washed in running water (Lev 15:13). Hands were clean if washed in still water. When dealing with disease, hands should be washed in running water.

Here are more additional examples of science in bible. These are taken out of a Bible that I have:

Medical science has only recently discovered that blood-clotting in a newborn reaches its peak on the eighth day, then drops. The Bible consistently says that a baby must be circumcised on the eighth day following birth.

Science has discovered that stars emit radio waves, which are received on earth as a high pitch. God mentioned this in Job 38:7.

Most cosmologists (scientists who study the structures and evolution of the universe) agree that the Genesis account of creation, in imagining an initial void, may be “uncannily close to the truth” (Time, Dec. 1976).
Solomon described a “cycle” of air currents two thousand years before scientists “discovered” them. “The wind goes toward the south, and turns about unto the north; it whirls about continually, and the wind returns again according to his circuits” (Ecclesiastes 1:6).

Dinosaurs are mentioned and described in the bible (Job 40:15–24)

“During the devastating Black Death of the fourteenth century, patients who were sick or dead were kept in the same rooms as the rest of the family. People often wondered why the disease was affecting so many people at one time. They attributed these epidemics to ‘bad air’ or ‘evil spirits.’ However, careful attention to the medical commands of God as revealed in Leviticus would have saved untold millions of lives. Arturo Castiglione wrote about the overwhelming importance of this biblical medical law: ‘The laws against leprosy in Leviticus 13 may be regarded as the first model of sanitary legislation’ (A History of Medicine).” Grant R. Jeffery, The Signature of God.

There is no other book in any of the world’s religions (Vedas, Bhagavad-Gita, Koran, Book of Mormon, etc.) that contains scientific truth. In fact, they contain statements that are clearly unscientific. As Hank Hanegraaff said, “Faith in Christ is not some blind leap into a dark chasm, but a faith based on established evidence.”

If God is real and the bible is true, then all of the cultures in the world came from the same beginning. This beginning is described in the bible in the book of Genesis. It has recently been discovered that the oldest written language in the world, ancient Chinese, contains references to the story of creation and the fall of man embedded in their pictorial characters! This is compelling evidence that the biblical account of creation is accurate and universal. Check out this Flash movie that does a good job of presenting this amazing evidence.

This website is a good source for the biblical perspective on tons of issues. It answers questions to most objections to Christianity. http://www.livingwaters.com/witnessingtool/browse.shtml

If this article intrigued you but you need more evidence, seriously consider picking up a copy of the book “The Case for Christ”, by Lee Strobel. It is a great book that is a great read and does a good job of summarizing the evidence for Jesus. You can get it at any major bookstore or order it online. You owe it to yourself to make sure you aren’t wrong about this issue!! If you want email me and I’ll send you a copy!" ~Jake McWhirter (Parts 1-7 and Postscript completed)