Evolution Q & A

Evolution Q & A

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
113d

@fmf said
You have "refuted" evolution?
Haven’t you been reading the hundreds and hundreds (maybe thousands) of posts KellyJay has made across dozens of threads saying he doesn’t accept it?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
113d

@indonesia-phil said
I'm not going to explain to you how evolution works, it's been explained to you before, if you aren't able to understand there's really nothing I or anyone else can do about that. Earlier you posted that evolution is about one species being slower than another species at obtaining scarce resources, and it isn't, so there's one example of how you are wrong to be going on with.
Do you have anything that isn't ideological that can defend what you call evolution?

Moves
113d

@kellyjay said
Do you have anything that isn't ideological that can defend what you call evolution?
Haven’t you been reading the hundreds and hundreds (maybe thousands) of posts several posters have made across dozens of threads explaining it?

Über-Nerd

Moves
113d
1 edit

@divegeester said
Haven’t you been reading the hundreds and hundreds (maybe thousands) of posts several posters have made across dozens of threads explaining it?
KJ looks into DNA, sees Yahweh there, and thinks we are willfully blind not to see the same thing he sees.

To which I reply:
"You are willfully blind! How can you look at the stars in the night sky and NOT see Orion and Taurus and Capricorn?! All you have to do is connect the dots, it's right there in front of you but you refuse to see it."

It's the same thing in both cases, imposing human-invented patterns and 'design' on nature. No further explanation of facts will get him to move his mindset, because he interprets all facts only in terms of his mindset.

It's the same thing @metalbrain and certain others do in politics: you show them videos of people smashing into the Capitol Bldg on Jan. 6th and beating up policemen, and they say it's a false flag operation by FBI agents to make Trump look bad. One cannot make any headway against this sort of mindset with logical/factual reasoning, because the mindset itself is pathologically closed.

Moves
113d

How does evolution fit into the picture of the Big Bounce? If the Big Bang is cyclic, the progress of evolution will be reversed, not just for life on Earth but for everything in the universe. In the end, the struggle for survival becomes futile if it leads to destruction.

Matthew 16:26 "For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?"

Theoretical physicists are exploring various models to explain the universe's origins and structure. One of the most widely accepted theories is the Big Bang theory, which posits that the universe began from a hot, dense state about 13.8 billion years ago and has been expanding ever since. However, this does not preclude the possibility of future Big Bangs or cycles of creation and destruction within the universe.

Some theoretical physicists are considering models that suggest the universe could undergo cyclical events, where after a period of expansion, the universe would collapse back into a singularity, only to begin expanding again in what is sometimes referred to as a "Big Crunch" followed by another "Big Bang." This cycle is sometimes referred to as the "Big Bounce."

Hints of Science within the Bible?
Ecclesiastes 1-6 Good News Translation. Physical Life Is Useless?

1 These are the words of the Philosopher, David's son, who was king in Jerusalem.

2 It is useless, useless, said the Philosopher. Life is useless, all useless. 3 You spend your life working, laboring, and what do you have to show for it? 4 Generations come and generations go, but the world stays just the same. 5 The sun still rises, and it still goes down, going wearily back to where it must start all over again. 6 The wind blows south, the wind blows north—round and round and back again. 7 Every river flows into the sea, but the sea is not yet full. The water returns to where the rivers began, and starts all over again. 8 Everything leads to weariness—a weariness too great for words. Our eyes can never see enough to be satisfied; our ears can never hear enough. 9 What has happened before will happen again. What has been done before will be done again. There is nothing new in the whole world. 10 “Look,” they say, “here is something new!” But no, it has all happened before, long before we were born. 11 No one remembers what has happened in the past, and no one in days to come will remember what happens between now and then.

Über-Nerd

Moves
113d

@pettytalk said
How does evolution fit into the picture of the Big Bounce? If the Big Bang is cyclic, the progress of evolution will be reversed, not just for life on Earth but for everything in the universe. In the end, the struggle for survival becomes futile if it leads to destruction.

Matthew 16:26 "For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? ...[text shortened]... as happened in the past, and no one in days to come will remember what happens between now and then.
"Evolution going into reverse" does not mean anything. Either a species is well-adapted to its environment or it isn't. There is no directionality.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
113d

@moonbus said
KJ looks into DNA, sees Yahweh there, and thinks we are willfully blind not to see the same thing he sees.

To which I reply:
"You are willfully blind! How can you look at the stars in the night sky and NOT see Orion and Taurus and Capricorn?! All you have to do is connect the dots, it's right there in front of you but you refuse to see it."

It's the same thing in both ...[text shortened]... sort of mindset with logical/factual reasoning, because the mindset itself is pathologically closed.
Have you anything that is not ideological in nature, something you know is testable, which could be validating what you suggest is true? Perhaps you could explain something with logic that validates what you think is true.

Something factual would be nice, instead of this telling everyone what your opinions about me are.

Now instead of all the other gibberish about sand dunes and what not, your explaining what you think my political views are

Moves
113d

@moonbus said
"Evolution going into reverse" does not mean anything. Either a species is well-adapted to its environment or it isn't. There is no directionality.
You have lost your sense of direction!

Moves
113d

@kellyjay said
Have you anything that is not ideological in nature, something you know is testable, which could be validating what you suggest is true? Perhaps you could explain something with logic that validates what you think is true.

Something factual would be nice, instead of this telling everyone what your opinions about me are.

Now instead of all the other gibberish about sand dunes and what not, your explaining what you think my political views are
Does moonbus think you are a Trump supporter?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
113d

@pettytalk said
Does moonbus think you are a Trump supporter?
Ask him about my views on evolution i am sure he will tell you about my political views.

Moves
113d

@moonbus said

To which I reply:

It's the same thing in both ...[text shortened]... sort of mindset with logical/factual reasoning, because the mindset itself is pathologically closed.
Connect the dots? Are you serious? Do you realize how far apart those dots are? Imaginary lines were imagined by those who want to see something that is not there.

It's all a matter of point of view. Imagine looking at the same stars from another planet of the Milky Way, one 100,000 light years distant from ours. Connect the dots and what do you see? Unicorns!

The origins of constellations are rooted in ancient astronomy and mythology. Historically, constellations were created by observing patterns in the night sky and naming groups of stars after gods, heroes, animals, or other significant figures.

Throughout history, sailors and navigators sought patterns in the arrangement of stars. They would attempt to identify familiar objects such as a cat, house, or tree within the stars. This process was similar to cloud-gazing and helped them create constellations.

People would branch out and try to create new constellations rather than merely copying existing ones. This allowed for creativity and added novelty to the constellations.

KellyJay is always creating things for himself, as he is a novel creationist outside the Bible.

Moves
113d

@kellyjay said
Ask him about my views on evolution i am sure he will tell you about my political views.
Donal Trump was asked the same thing, and this is basically his views on record.

Donald Trump has shown mixed views on the topic of evolution. During his presidential campaign, he stated that he believed in both creationism and evolution, suggesting that he sees room for both theories in the realm of scientific inquiry.

That was the reason I asked. If you are a Trump supporter and follower, you must show compromise, when it comes to Evolution.

Moves
113d

@kellyjay said
I think you’re lying Kellyjay and in doing also being very unfair to moonbus who has tolerated your incessant ‘fingers in ears’ responses to his well made posts trying to help you.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
113d
1 edit

@pettytalk said
Donal Trump was asked the same thing, and this is basically his views on record.

Donald Trump has shown mixed views on the topic of evolution. During his presidential campaign, he stated that he believed in both creationism and evolution, suggesting that he sees room for both theories in the realm of scientific inquiry.

That was the reason I asked. If you are a Trump supporter and follower, you must show compromise, when it comes to Evolution.
If Trump said it was raining out I would have to look to see if what he was saying was true! 🙂

-VR

IP

Moves
113d

@kellyjay said
I don't think you have a clue how evolution works, even remotely, and you couldn't even in my opinion repeat back what you think others have said as they in your opinion explained evolution. You don't even grasp the arguments I have made to refute them. What I said about natural selection NOT evolution was that the stronger and faster get the limited resources when that i ...[text shortened]... m, not some theory. So you don't grasp the conversation, I doubt you know the first thing about it.
So now we have random genetic changes from one generation to another, (whatever happened to your 'error checking'? ) and natural selection, both natural processes which you now accept as true, so what happened to 'god does everything'?