Fruit of The Spirit

Fruit of The Spirit

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
25 Jul 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Originally posted by divegeester
"For what; my comparison between the premises that the fruit of the spirit is a singular fruit manifested in different ways, and [b]similarly the godhead is a single person manifested in different ways?"

Believe you yourself made the reference. Further comment regarding the "Fruit of The Spirit"?[/b]
No, that's pretty much it. Happy with how I've presented an analogy of singularity being expressed in multiplicity.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
25 Jul 15
3 edits

No, that's pretty much it. Happy with how I've presented an analogy of singularity being expressed in multiplicity.
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law." (Galatians 5: 22) / "Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me.” (John 15:4)

"You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they? So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. So then, you will know them by their fruits.” (Matthew 7:16-23)

"For the wisdom of this world is foolishness to God. As the Scriptures say, "He traps the wise in the snare of their own cleverness." (1 Corinthians 3:19) / "If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. Let us not become boastful, challenging one another, envying one another." (Galatians 5: 25-26)

Moves
25 Jul 15

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law." (Galatians 5: 22) / "Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me.” (John 15:4)

"You will ...[text shortened]... Let us not become boastful, challenging one another, envying one another." (Galatians 5: 25-26)
More passive agressive jibes. Yep I can see you fruit.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
25 Jul 15

On what authoritative basis do you presume to dismiss four passages from the Word of God as "passive agressive jibes"?

"Yep I can see you fruit."?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
26 Jul 15

My thoughts?

Other than my belief is that there is only one fruit in practicality; what is there to disagree with about your post. Do you have another point?
What you're really saying is that you disagree with the Word of God about what the fruit of the spirit is.

And all just because GB posted about it and you can't stand his position about hell! Tell the truth geester.

Moves
26 Jul 15
2 edits

On what authoritative basis do you presume to dismiss four passages from the Word of God as "passive agressive jibes"?
You use the scriptures to poke jibes at the posters here you don't like. You create threads about the traits of the people here you fall out with. You (have in the recent past) created repeated threads asking atheists to explain thier lack of belief and then point blank ignore the substance of the replies you receive. Your posts here which I am referring to is you using these scriptures to highlight what you see as my shortcomings. You can pretend it's not if you want to be dishonest. You get called on this stuff time and time again by those who can see through your self-anointed copy/pastes. So yes I dismiss your posts here as nothing more than passive agressive spite.

Moves
26 Jul 15

Originally posted by josephw
What you're really saying is that you disagree with the Word of God about what the fruit of the spirit is.

And all just because GB posted about it and you can't stand his position about hell! Tell the truth geester.
That's not how I see it at all, why do you always seem to struggle to see the core in a thread? I agree what the fruit of the spirit is certainly, but I think it is one fruit not a multitude of fruits that are somehow dispensed individually piece by piece to a Chrisitan. There is one spirit and one fruit. The fruit is MANIFESTED in several ways, emotions, attitudes and behaviours.

I have used this as an analogy to explain the godhead: one God MANIFESTED in 3 offices, 3 titles which describe the whole, the eternal spirit revealling himself in the temporal plane in a multiple of ways.

One God, one spirit, one person - multiple expressions

One fruit of that spirit, multiple expressions of it.

I think it is a good analogy. GB doesn't.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
26 Jul 15

That's not how I see it at all, why do you always seem to struggle to see the core in a thread? I agree what the fruit of the spirit is certainly, but I think it is one fruit not a multitude of fruits that are somehow dispensed individually piece by piece to a Chrisitan. There is one spirit and one fruit. The fruit is MANIFESTED in several ways, emotions, ...[text shortened]...

"That's not how I see it at all, why do you always seem to struggle to see the core in a thread? I agree what the fruit of the spirit is certainly, but I think it is one fruit not a multitude of fruits that are somehow dispensed individually piece by piece to a Chrisitan. There is one spirit and one fruit. The fruit is MANIFESTED in several ways, emotions, attitudes and behaviours.

I have used this as an analogy to explain the godhead: one God MANIFESTED in 3 offices, 3 titles which describe the whole, the eternal spirit revealling himself in the temporal plane in a multiple of ways.

One God, one spirit, one person - multiple expressions

Fruit of The Spirit (Visible Spiritual Growth in Learning the Mind of Jesus Christ) (OP)

"Fruit of the Spirit" is a biblical term that sums up the nine visible attributes of a true Christian life. Using the King James Version of Galatians 5:22-23, these attributes are: love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and temperance. We learn from scripture that these are not individual "fruits" from which we pick and choose. Rather, the fruit of the Spirit is one ninefold "fruit" that characterizes all who truly walk in the Holy Spirit. Collectively, these are the fruits that all Christians should be producing in their new lives with Jesus Christ. The fruit of the Spirit is a physical manifestation of a Christian's transformed life. In order to mature as believers, we should study and understand the attributes of the ninefold fruit..."

"You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they? So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. So then, you will know them by their fruits.” (Matthew 7:16-23)

"For the wisdom of this world is foolishness to God. As the Scriptures say, "He traps the wise in the snare of their own cleverness." (1 Corinthians 3:19) / "If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. Let us not become boastful, challenging one another, envying one another." (Galatians 5: 25-26)"

"... but I think it is one fruit not a multitude of fruits that are somehow dispensed individually piece by piece to a Chrisitan."

The Word of God doesn't agree."The fruit of the Spirit is a physical manifestation of a Christian's transformed life...."

Moves
26 Jul 15

"That's [b]not how I see it
at all, why do you always seem to struggle to see the core in a thread? I agree what the fruit of the spirit is certainly, but I think it is one fruit not a multitude of fruits that are somehow dispensed individually piece by piece to a Chrisitan. There is on ...[text shortened]... gree."The fruit of the Spirit is a physical manifestation of a Christian's transformed life...."[/b]
"The Word of God doesn't agree."The fruit of the Spirit is a physical manifestation of a Christian's transformed life...."

I didn't say it wasn't 😕

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
26 Jul 15
2 edits

[b]"The Word of God doesn't agree."The fruit of the Spirit is a physical manifestation of a Christian's transformed life...."

I didn't say it wasn't 😕[/b]
"... but I think it is one fruit not a multitude of fruits that are somehow dispensed individually piece by piece to a Chrisitan."

"The Word of God doesn't agree. "The fruit of the Spirit is a physical manifestation of a Christian's transformed life...."

Following salvation God provides pastors to accurately teach His Word to all believers in Christ who are interested in growing in grace to maturity and gradually acquiring the Mind of Christ in order that they may reflect the "Fruit of the Spirit in their daily lives; and in doing so, glorify Him. They are not "somehow dispensed individually piece by piece to a Chrisitan" at the moment of faith alone in Christ alone; to have done so would've violated the volitional choice of the infant believers [one of God's divine attributes is Justice which means He is fair]. Some believers grow in grace while others choose to view reality through the blurred lens of human viewpoint.

Note: After a few more replies later this evening, I'll be back here to this forum Tuesday.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Jul 15
1 edit

"The Word of God doesn't agree. "The fruit of the Spirit is a physical manifestation of a Christian's transformed life...."
_____________ ...[text shortened]...

Note: After a few more replies later this evening, I'll be back here to this forum Tuesday.
Where do you people come up with this stuff?

..Following salvation God provides pastors to accurately teach His Word..

How do you account for the fact that there are hundreds of Christian sects all with vastly different doctrines?
Or maybe the only correct one is the one to which you belong?

w

Moves
27 Jul 15

Originally posted by checkbaiter
Further comment regarding the "Fruit of The Spirit"?

Yes, the fruit of the spirit works or is manifested by love. I see very little of it here in this forum.
No time for that, it's the fruit of the spirit death match!! 😠

Moves
27 Jul 15

_____________ ...[text shortened]...

I don't see how this copy paste supports you claiming that don't agree with your statement: "The fruit of the Spirit is a physical manifestation of a Christian's transformed life...." I've never said it doesn't. You seem to be reaching.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
27 Jul 15

Originally posted by whodey
No time for that, it's the fruit of the spirit death match!! 😠
Fruitcake vs Fruit Loops?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
27 Jul 15
1 edit

Originally posted by josephw with additional commentary from lemon lime

Yeah geester, we don't need to see you twisting your Fruit Of The Looms into a big old hairy pee stained knot over this... no one wants to see that.

Just tell the truth!