hypothetical question ~

hypothetical question ~

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
07 Jul 14

Originally posted by Rajk999
I already answered that. I said I would not worship a god that demands human sacrifice.
did you? maybe i read you wrong, you appeared to be saying you wouldnt bow to a fake god.

would you bow to the christian god of the o.t?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Jul 14
1 edit

It is no wonder atheists laugh at and ridicule Christians. Some of you people are just plain dumb. On another thread KJ decides that he has the right to redefine standard accepted definitions used in the English Language. Now you cannot read a couple simple sentences and answer a straighforward question. Your answer has nothing to do with the question asked.
In another thread I tell everyone I believe in a young earth thousands not
millions or billions of years old, but do not claim it is a factual statement,
it is a matter of faith. I also claim that everyone who thinks they know how
old the earth and universe are, are making claims of faith. Those that go
on and on about it is a fact not faith, are making the claims they cannot
be wrong, that is a huge statement of faith too in my opinion, and a very
stupid one since any new piece of information may cause all they think
they know could come into question.
Kelly

Moves
07 Jul 14

Originally posted by KellyJay
on and on about it is a fact not faith, are making ...[text shortened]... ny new piece of information may cause all they think
Kelly
"and a very
stupid one since any new piece of information may cause all they think
they know could come into question."

kelly, any new information can change any situation....does that mean we should not believe anything as fact??? does this mean following your logic that we should just get rid of the word 'fact'??? under what conditions do you believe something can be called a 'fact'?

Cape Town

Moves
07 Jul 14

Originally posted by stellspalfie
lets split them into the o.t. and n.t. bible gods. would you react differently to each?
Yes. But even with that split, there is a wide variety of possible interpretation for both gods and my reaction would depend on which particular interpretation I took to be the case.

Cape Town

Moves
07 Jul 14

I already answered that. I said I would not worship a god that demands human sacrifice.
Even if not worshiping him meant eternal punishment, and worshiping him mean eternal reward?

Cape Town

Moves
07 Jul 14

kelly, any new information can change any situation....does that mean we should not believe anything as fact??? does this mean following your logic that we should just get rid of the word 'fact'??? under what conditions do you believe something can be called a 'fact'?
Try asking him if World War II having taken place is a fact.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Jul 14

did you? maybe i read you wrong, you appeared to be saying you wouldnt bow to a fake god.

would you bow to the christian god of the o.t?
Ok, I thought it meant the same thing. I currently do in fact bow to the OT God

Moves
07 Jul 14

Originally posted by twhitehead
Yes. But even with that split, there is a wide variety of possible interpretation for both gods and my reaction would depend on which particular interpretation I took to be the case.
well, there are far too many interpretations and variations. we might have to generalise a bit. stick em all in a little mental venn diagram and base your answer on the god of the overlap.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Jul 14

Originally posted by twhitehead
Even if not worshiping him meant eternal punishment, and worshiping him mean eternal reward?
I dunno.. That's a hard one.

Moves
07 Jul 14

Ok, I thought it meant the same thing. I currently do in fact bow to the OT God
what do you believe your god will do with sinners who refuse to repent?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Jul 14

what do you believe your god will do with sinners who refuse to repent?
Destroyed.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Jul 14
1 edit

Originally posted by KellyJay
on and on about it is a fact not faith, are making ...[text shortened]... ny new piece of information may cause all they think
Kelly
It is a fact that the earth is not thousands of yrs old. That has nothing to do with faith.

Even if you believe the Bible and take the creation account literally you have to take account of God saying to Adam to replenish the Earth. That means there were other civilizations and occupatants in other previous creations. You do not know how many there were prior to mankind.

Moves
07 Jul 14

Destroyed.
destroyed!! gulp. do i have to like him? i mean can i agree to worship him, do all he asks, but think he's a dick?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Jul 14

destroyed!! gulp. do i have to like him? i mean can i agree to worship him, do all he asks, but think he's a dick?
Cool .. thats your call. I guess he is smart enough to know if you just pretending to like him.

Moves
07 Jul 14

Cool .. thats your call. I guess he is smart enough to know if you just pretending to like him.
as long as he's okay with pretending not to know that im pretending like him. otherwise it would be a pretty awkward eternity.

seriously though, does god require that his believers like him?