1. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Apr '12 07:34
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not.
    Its not clear who you are quoting, but that sentence is just plain wrong.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '12 10:49
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Except that you argue that might makes right and therefore it is not wickedness.

[b]That higher power is the one that will have the final say.

Or rather that higher power will spread its own brand of wickedness.

But the point remains: it is you, the theist, who believes that might makes right and it is often theists who wish to enforce their re ...[text shortened]... known that your party is a bunch of hypocrites who actually do the opposite of what you preach.[/b]
    What the #### is wickedness? It seems to me we have been given an innate sense of right and wrong. From whom?

Basically, we have been given a sense of right and wrong to judge the power that gave us that sense. In the end, if this power is "wicked" as you say, whatever that means, then it will be the law of the land in due time and may someday be called "good".

As for "my party", I have no idea what you are talking about here. Do you think I'm a Republican? If so, you are sadly mistaken. The GOP is all about big government. In fact, the person running against Obama created Obamacare.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '12 10:59
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You figure there is nothing wrong with a population of one BILLION? We have too many people in the US and it is one third of that. The resources of the entire planet now go majority to humans. There is not much more we can squeeze out of mother earth. There will come a time when the population will crash not due to your god calling in the chips but to human ...[text shortened]... at the tremendous rate going on now? Or does that not fit into the biblical description of sin?
    This is pure speculation on your part. You have no idea how many people this planet could hold comfortably, nor do you consider space exploration a possibility. All you know is that certain statists have all the answers for now, and will be more than happy to "save" humanity from themselves by forcing them not to have children.

Really, there is no end to "saving" the mother earth, is there and there are no end to the parade of statists who will gladly tell us how to go about it. Actually, mother earth will someday be engulfed by the sun and evaporate. Think of that, mankind had NOTHING to do with it!! In short, there is no "saving" the planet for all eternity. Someday, all species will go exinct.

Now are there wise things we can do to conserve resources? Yes, but that does not mean I would agree with just any plan nor wil there be mass agreement. In the end, those that decide will be on one side of a gun and the populace on the other side, whether they are right or wrong.

As for myself, I look to God for salvation. Man certainly has no concept of what salvation is nor will they ever.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Apr '12 11:21
    Originally posted by whodey
    What the #### is wickedness? It seems to me we have been given an innate sense of right and wrong. From whom?
    Common sense? Evolution?

Basically, we have been given a sense of right and wrong to judge the power that gave us that sense. In the end, if this power is "wicked" as you say, whatever that means, then it will be the law of the land in due time and may someday be called "good".
    No, it won't. The law of the land is not necessarily good. We covered all that in the thread on 'might makes right'.

As for "my party", I have no idea what you are talking about here. Do you think I'm a Republican? If so, you are sadly mistaken. The GOP is all about big government. In fact, the person running against Obama created Obamacare.
    My mistake then.
  5. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '12 12:06
    Its not clear who you are quoting, but that sentence is just plain wrong.
    Agent smith from the matrix.
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '12 14:431 edit
    Do Atheists just want you to DIE, DIE, DIE ... ?

YouTube&feature=relmfu
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    25 Apr '12 15:04
    Originally posted by jaywill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKY4ssYZsRQ&feature=relmfu
    Yes, we do...muahahahaha

YouTube
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 12:38
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Agent smith from the matrix.
    Didn't they say in the matrix that the human species was a virus? I think this has become the ideology of the left in many regards.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 12:391 edit
    Common sense? Evolution?

[b]Basically, we have been given a sense of right and wrong to judge the power that gave us that sense. In the end, if this power is "wicked" as you say, whatever that means, then it will be the law of the land in due time and may someday be called "good".

No, it won't. The law of the land is not necessarily good. We cove t. In fact, the person running against Obama created Obamacare.[/b]
    My mistake then.[/b]
    So determining wickedness has to do with common sense and evolution? I don't follow. To say that sense is common would mean to imply mob rule. Is this your position?
  10. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 12:45
    Didn't they say in the matrix that the human species was a virus? I think this has become the ideology of the left in many regards.
    Then you have no clue whatsoever what the left thinks.
  11. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 12:58
    Originally posted by jaywill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKY4ssYZsRQ&feature=relmfu
    nope, poor vid jaywill. do you really think that atheists love death?
  12. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 12:59
    what?
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 13:07
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Then you have no clue whatsoever what the left thinks.
    Isn't the human race pictured as destroying the earth? I mean, our reproduction needs to be regulated and our energy consumption needs to be regulated and our resource use needs to be regulated and we need to promote abortion and contraception and encourage people not to have many children etc. Just google the Human Extermination Project and you will see what I'm talking about. We are perhaps the first species to focus on self destruction.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 13:08
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    what?
    Do you not remember that in the movie? That is perhaps the only thing I remember since I can't help but be acutely aware of leftist dogma thrown in Hollywood movies, that is. 😛
  15. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 13:10
    Isn't the human race pictured as destroying the earth? I mean, our reproduction needs to be regulated and our energy consumption needs to be regulated and our resource use needs to be regulated and we need to promote abortion and contraception and encourage people not to have many children etc. Just google the Human Extermination Project and you will see what I'm talking about. We are perhaps the first species to focus on self destruction.
    I have heard of them.

They are fringe lunatic whackjobs.

There views are not representative of what it means to be of the 'left'.

So again, you have no clue what the left thinks.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree