1. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Sep '14 23:08
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    They are saying basically the same thing in different ways. Jesus said, "No one is good except God alone." That is basically the same as what Paul said with "All have sinned and come short of the glory of God."

Jesus said, "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal lif ...[text shortened]... of all."

I could go on and on, however, there is no point if you refuse to believe the truth.
    Probably there is no point as you say because in all your quotes you never once said what Christ said about eternal life. Over and over and with many illustrations and parables Christ said that the way to eternal life is to love God and your neighbour as yourself. That means do good works. In case anyone was in doubt about that in Matt 25 he said in very very clear language that it is those who stop to help him while he is down, or sick, or hungry etc, those will get eternal life. Anyone who does not do that will get death in the lake of fire.

In short doing good works to people is just the same as doing it to Christ who said he will reward those with eternal life.

Christians do not automatically do good works as some here claim. They do not automatically get Gods or Christ's spirit when they accept Christ as some claim. Some do and some do not. God decides who gets it and who does not.

Your point about righteousness being filthy rags and therefore not required is a foolish one. It is correct that the righteousness of man cannot earn him eternal life which is a gift from God. But righteousness is still nevertheless required, good works is still required to qualify for that gift. Christ was crystal clear on that. Its like having to do something trivial to get a very valuable prize. It happens all the time on game shows .. answer the question correctly and you win $1,000,000. The petty answer / good works is filthy rags but it makes you qualify for the $1,000,000 / eternal life. Without that filthy rags there can be no eternal life.
  2. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    27 Sep '14 23:11
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Do you think there ever was a time where God didn't have a people upon
    the planet? Christ is Lord of all yes, but He is without a doubt Lord of His
    Church and His Church is filled with over comers in Him. Don't look at all the
    man made crap and assume that is the body of Christ, His body of believers
    who He has given His Spirit too are doing just fine and always have been
    since they are lead by the Spirit doing the works He has for them.
    Kelly
    I do believe God has a people and always has and always will

Manny

PS I just think we are living in evil times and many claim Christ but not all are right or real that is all
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Sep '14 23:14
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I find it quite odd that there are some here who really want to ignore Jesus
    and claim God must accept them by their works. Who really believes they
    can stand before God righteous by the things they have done? At best all
    they have done are just those things that they should have done, and what
    makes that so special that their sins should be forgiven for just doing the
    minimum, just that which we should all be doing all the time anyway?
    Kelly
    Quite a few of your beliefs are not in the Bible or your interpretation is off.

Personal relationship with Christ is one such example. The Bible has no such thing but you claim to know all about it.

Here is another :

.. some here who really want to ignore Jesus
    and claim God must accept them by their works.

Christ explained who it is that ignores Him :

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. (Matthew 25:41-43 KJV)

You got that? The ones that ignore Christ are those people who pass Jesus without stopping to give him food or water or clothes or a place to sleep etc etc.
  4. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    27 Sep '14 23:221 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Probably there is no point as you say because in all your quotes you never once said what Christ said about eternal life. Over and over and with many illustrations and parables Christ said that the way to eternal life is to love God and your neighbour as yourself. That means do good works. In case anyone was in doubt about that in Matt 25 he said in very ver ...[text shortened]... ualify for the $1,000,000 / eternal life. Without that filthy rags there can be no eternal life.
    I agree ...However self righteous people will not inherit the Kingdom of God ....It's all Jesus from beginning to end ....Our Faith in Him ....Our works ....it's all because Jesus made it possible in the first place. I don't know about you but I would not have the Cahonies to stand in front of Jesus and say look at all of my works Jesus see how righteous I am ? Instead I plan on bowing down and saying thank you Lord that you saved me and please be Lord ......We do the works we do out of a contrite heart full of gratitude

Manny
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Sep '14 23:25
    Originally posted by menace71
    I agree ...However self righteous people will not inherit the Kingdom of God ....It's all Jesus from beginning to end ....Our Faith in Him ....Our works ....it's all because Jesus made it possible in the first place. I don't know about you but I would not have the Cahonies to stand in front of Jesus and say look at all of my works Jesus see how righteous I ...[text shortened]... nd please be Lord ......We do the works we do out of a contrite heart full of gratitude

Manny
    What does that have to do with what I said. Did you get the impression from what I said that Christ would accept self-righteous people?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Sep '14 23:50
    Probably there is no point as you say because in all your quotes you never once said what Christ said about eternal life. Over and over and with many illustrations and parables Christ said that the way to eternal life is to love God and your neighbour as yourself. That means do good works. In case anyone was in doubt about that in Matt 25 he said in very ver ...[text shortened]... ualify for the $1,000,000 / eternal life. Without that filthy rags there can be no eternal life.
    You seem to be trying to build a strawman of things I never said. I never said that one should not do good deeds for others.

Sonhouse says he does many good deeds for others, yet he believes the God of the Holy Bible is made up by man. As one example, sonhouse does not believe a real God would allow so many people and animals to die in a worldwide flood. Sonhouse certainly does not love such a God, so should his good deeds save him even though he does not believe Christ died on the cross for his sins?

Does a persons good deeds or works save him? If so, there seems to be no need for God to give His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Sep '14 00:18
    You seem to be trying to build a strawman of things I never said. I never said that one should not do good deeds for others.

Sonhouse says he does many good deeds for others, yet he believes the God of the Holy Bible is made up by man. As one example, sonhouse does not believe a real God would allow so many people and animals to die in a worldwide floo ...[text shortened]... ive His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
    What you did say about good deeds is very far off from what Christ said about good deeds.

You asked :Does a persons good deeds or works save him?

I thought I answered that. Maybe I was not clear.

Good deeds like righteousness is filthy rags.
    Eternal life is a gift of God and nobody deserves it.
    However in order to qualify for eternal life, Christ said to follow his commandments = good deeds
    Those who follow Christ will get eternal life.
    Those who in Christ estimation did not follow him will get death.
    Christ will judge.

You said there seems to be no need for God to give His only begotten Son,

God gave his son to die for the sins of the world. All of mankind was saved from sin in the flesh but not all of mankind will get eternal life. There is work to be done in order to qualify for eternal life.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Sep '14 00:26
    What you did say about good deeds is very far off from what Christ said about good deeds.

You asked :Does a persons good deeds or works save him?

I thought I answered that. Maybe I was not clear.

Good deeds like righteousness is filthy rags.
    Eternal life is a gift of God and nobody deserves it.
    However in order to qualify for eternal life, ...[text shortened]... of mankind will get eternal life. There is work to be done in order to qualify for eternal life.
    So are you saying that being saved does not require good deeds or works, but eternal life does?
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Sep '14 00:43
    The grace of God and our belief, faith, and trust in Christ must come before our good works can be pleasing to God. That is the way I understand it. How about you?

Jesus said, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."
    I'm saved by the grace of God, through Jesus' Christ works not my own.
    I obey the Lord for those works He has for me, but His grace and mercy
    come before my works, I need Him in my life.
    Kelly
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Sep '14 00:46
    Originally posted by menace71
    I do believe God has a people and always has and always will

Manny

PS I just think we are living in evil times and many claim Christ but not all are right or real that is all
    I believe God has always had a people here, they are right with God in
    the way that God accepts, not the way we desire to be. We would not
    even come to God accept He call us! I believe many more people will
    die outside of Christ in their sins than those that actually do turn towards
    the Lord.
    Kelly
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Sep '14 00:47
    So are you saying that being saved does not require good deeds or works, but eternal life does?
    Exactly. The death of Christ paid the price for all sin of the world. All of mankind was saved from the condemnation that Adams sin brought. That is what the good news of the arrival Christ. Without Christ there is no hope as all would die in their sins.

The eternal life part requires certain things from the believer like faith and works.

Thats the only way to marry the teachings of Christ and Paul so that there is no conflict.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Sep '14 00:52

Personal relationship with Christ is one such example. The Bible has no such thing but you claim to know all about it.

Here is another :

Christ explained who it is tha ...[text shortened]... ho pass Jesus without stopping to give him food or water or clothes or a place to sleep etc etc.
    If you do not have God's Spirit living in you (as personal as it gets) you
    do not belong to God. I've never denied we will do good works, never!
    I do deny we are saved by works, least any of us being able to boast
    about that! None of us have done enough good works before God to make
    God accept them, and if you are relying on your works, you will die in
    your sins, outside of Jesus Christ you are on your own. Acknowledging
    that I'm saved by Jesus Christ is not a means to avoid good works, it is
    a means to be saved and given God's Holy Spirit. From there God can
    lead us where ever He will, guiding us, teaching us, showing us God's
    love!!
    Kelly
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Sep '14 01:01

Here is another :

Christ explained who it is tha ...[text shortened]... ho pass Jesus without stopping to give him food or water or clothes or a place to sleep etc etc.
    I call God living in me by His Spirit very personal, you do not have the
    Spirit of God living in you?
    Kelly
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Sep '14 01:02
    Exactly. The death of Christ paid the price for all sin of the world. All of mankind was saved from the condemnation that Adams sin brought. That is what the good news of the arrival Christ. Without Christ there is no hope as all would die in their sins.

The eternal life part requires certain things from the believer like faith and works.

Thats the only way to marry the teachings of Christ and Paul so that there is no conflict.
    So if all mankind are saved regardless of belief, then how much good deeds or works must a believer do to qualify for eternal life?
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Sep '14 01:06
    So if all mankind are saved regardless of belief, then how much good deeds or works must a believer do to qualify for eternal life?
    Thats a question for Christ to answer. I guess that will be revealed on the day of judgment. Did you read Matt 25?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree