1. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Jul '14 06:30
    Originally posted by josephw
    Justice.
    That is merely a word defined as my question. It is not an answer.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Jul '14 11:04
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    That is merely a word defined as my question. It is not an answer.
    Can you clarify the question?
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Jul '14 11:10
    Can you clarify the question?
    What makes up justice? What makes something just? What makes something fair or not fair?
    Deepthought suggests that if you have good reason to believe a certain course of action is the correct one, then it is unfair to punish you for taking that course of action. Is this stance correct?
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Jul '14 12:04
    What makes up justice? What makes something just? What makes something fair or not fair?
    Deepthought suggests that if you have good reason to believe a certain course of action is the correct one, then it is unfair to punish you for taking that course of action. Is this stance correct?
    Not correct! That mentality leads to an endless cycle of dead end reasoning.

In order for justice to have meaning it needs an absolute standard of what's right and wrong.

Do you hear that? There is no justice if two or more opposing standards of right and wrong exists. Does that make sense to you?
  5. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    02 Jul '14 12:10
    My point was about free will rather than incomplete or false information. With human justice someone acting on incomplete or false information could expect that to be a mitigation - I assume that would be the case in the divine case - but would we be considered to have sufficient information?
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Jul '14 12:37
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    My point was about free will rather than incomplete or false information. With human justice someone acting on incomplete or false information could expect that to be a mitigation - I assume that would be the case in the divine case - but would we be considered to have sufficient information?
    Yes. According to God's Word man will be without excuse because all that exists is evidence for God's existence.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Jul '14 12:47
    Do you hear that? There is no justice if two or more opposing standards of right and wrong exists. Does that make sense to you?
    I understand what you are saying. I personally don't think any such absolute justice exists.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Jul '14 12:50
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    So how much information would make it 'fair'?
    Information about what?
    My point is that if the information available leaves the decision make with no reasonable reason to choose the wrong thing, then nobody would ever choose wrong. So if someone chooses wrong, it implies they were not privy to sufficient information: therefore punishment is never fair.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Jul '14 12:55
    I understand what you are saying. I personally don't think any such absolute justice exists.
    What you really mean is you're not certain that absolute justice exists.

If you knew for sure you would have an argument to support it instead of merely stating what you think.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Jul '14 14:06
    What you really mean is you're not certain that absolute justice exists.
    No, I meant I do not think absolute justice exists.

If you knew for sure you would have an argument to support it instead of merely stating what you think.
    I could mount an argument, but it would be more effort than I am prepared to give to this thread. The topic of Justice is enormous. I recently completed an online university course on the topic and we only scratched the surface.
  11. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    02 Jul '14 14:38
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    1. If God exists, why wouldn't He create what He wanted fully formed rather than let whatever would be evolve from nothing over billions or so years?

2. If God exists, why would God take 13.72 billion years to create a world when He could do it in 6 days?

3. If God exists, why would God make man in the image of God, rather than just let whatever evolve from a primordial pool.
    (putting on my pretendo-christian hat on for this)

1 -i guess you would rather your children popped into existence as fully formed adults.

2 -why would he take 6 days if he could do it in 6 nano seconds.

3 -maybe every living thing is in the image of god.
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    03 Jul '14 04:02

Incorrect. 2 examples so that you might comprehend;
    Consider two children arguing.
    Both believe they are right.
    An adult proposes a just solution.

An employer is locked in talks with a Trade Union.
    Both believe their position is right.
    Arbitration provides a just solution.

Now you could propose that while there is a person alive who does not find
    the solutions "just" they cannot be truly just. But that leads down a maze of
    semantics/cognition/philosophy that serves no purpose.

... but that is where you may wish to go? ....
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Jul '14 04:42
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    (putting on my pretendo-christian hat on for this)

1 -i guess you would rather your children popped into existence as fully formed adults.

2 -why would he take 6 days if he could do it in 6 nano seconds.

3 -maybe every living thing is in the image of god.
    1. Children are born, not created.

2. The reason the creation was 6 days is to give humans an example of a work week.

3. I am in the image of God, animals and bugs are not.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Jul '14 06:41
    This is therefor evidence that God, as described by you in the OP, does not exist.

2. The reason the creation was 6 days is to give humans an example of a work week.
    Maybe creation took 13 billion years to give all those scientists something to do.

But you apparently do not know why.
  15. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Jul '14 09:23

1- did yourself and mrs hinds not create your children? did the stalk bring them?

2- aah right. so if i can get my work done in less than one day i should stretch it out, work slower so it will take 6 days...just like god.

3.would god rather have the image of...lets say a cheetah, perfectly built for its environment, majestic, beautiful and powerful, taking only what it needs, preserving the natural balance of it ecology......or a sweaty, fat, lump of meat who needs to drown themselves in air-con just to make it from their fridge to walmart.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree