1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jul '16 01:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    Ah hey presto, you found some explanation to crowbar into your folk tale so that you can subscribe to it, it seems. You "never thought about it", you admit, and yet a quick Google has given you an answer you never thought about before but that you can instantly believe because it suits you. Good for you. 🙂
    Ah hey Skippy, I didn't say I believe anything from that site. As I already said it was an alternative to ponder. I also already said I don't have an answer, but I do believe the bible.🙂
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jul '16 02:20
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Ah hey Skippy, I didn't say I believe anything from that site. As I already said it was an alternative to ponder. I also already said I don't have an answer, but I do believe the bible.🙂
    So you do believe the site? Or you don't believe the site? Or is your answer a secret?

While I respect your sincerity, I am merely interested in a dissection of your credulity. 😉
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    18 Jul '16 05:38
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Which was a slow rise in sea levels probably un-noticeable by anyone in a single lifetime.
    Not necessarily.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/5940112/ancient-flood-myths-may-have-a-basis-in-geological-history

10,000 years ago, at a time when humans recorded historical events by telling mythical stories that got passed from one generation to the next, huge parts of the North American continent were deluged by massive walls of water. They were, as geologist David R. Montgomery writes in this month's Discover magazine, "Biblical-type floods." Huge regions of the Pacific Northwest, called the "scablands" were chewed up by flash floods that were more like tsunamis. And it was all caused by the melting of the glaciers from the last ice age. As the walls of ice damming lakes melted away, the waters would rush out across the land.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Jul '16 10:26
    And there is no reason whatsoever to think that has anything to do with the Biblical account.
    The reality is the floods are pretty common worldwide and it is hardly surprising there are stories about them in many parts of the world. There is no reason to think the Biblical account or any other was related to a particular event.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jul '16 12:44
    Originally posted by FMF
    So you do believe the site? Or you don't believe the site? Or is your answer a secret?

While I respect your sincerity, I am merely interested in a dissection of your credulity. 😉
    If I said I do not know the answer, what part is difficult for you to understand?
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Jul '16 12:50
    If I said I do not know the answer, what part is difficult for you to understand?
    There is a dichotomy going on here. On the one hand you say you do not know the answer. On the other hand you say you believe the bible.

You can't have it both ways. To say you do not know the answer is to disbelieve the bible.

So I don't know how you can believe the bible and not believe the bible at the same time.

Unless of course you are one of the many cherry pickers, believe the part you want, let the rest slide to the dust bin of history.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jul '16 13:41
    There is a dichotomy going on here. On the one hand you say you do not know the answer. On the other hand you say you believe the bible.

You can't have it both ways. To say you do not know the answer is to disbelieve the bible.

So I don't know how you can believe the bible and not believe the bible at the same time.

Unless of course you are one of ...[text shortened]... e many cherry pickers, believe the part you want, let the rest slide to the dust bin of history.
    Very simple, I believe the bible but I do not know how insects were saved.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jul '16 13:46
    I am having no difficulty understanding at all. What I find interesting is that, for all intents and purposes, you basically can't answer any questions in a way that works beyond your own thoughts and those who are credulous in the same way you are, and yet you believe the mythology anyway. That's what I meant when I said I am interested in the dissection of your credulity.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Jul '16 14:00
    Very simple, I believe the bible but I do not know how insects were saved.
    So insects were saved, all 1 million species of them but all land animals were killed. So your god puts the lives of animals lower than the worth of insects. Good to know that, now we know where we stand. I guess we were between animals and insects.

Does it never bother you if you think about what we now know of genetics and genetic diversity and you have to know if one pair were all that were left, the first thing that would happen would be the second and third generation would reproduce by insest and you know full and well the outcomes of insest births. Right now they are seeing that in the mountain lion population of Beverly Hills California. There is a unique thing going on there.
    Mountain lions are encroaching on all those rich folks in the hills above LA. The problem there is, they can't get back to the wilds in the north because there are already alpha lions there and when they try sedating one (male) and moving it a hundred miles north say, they encroach on an existing population and invariably there will be a territory fight and one or both are dead. So the Mountain lions know that and so don't dare venture out of the niche they have carved out of the Hollywood hills area which is only about 14 by 14 miles square, 150 odd square miles. So the lions are reproducing by insest now and the popoulation of lions are in trouble there because incest makes for weak babies, genetic mutations, improper functioning immune systems and so forth.

So we know with 100% confidence incestial births are very bad for the whole species engaging in that.

So that is what HAS to have happened if the Noah story is true.

ALL births subsequent to their release would have been incestuous and the genetic diversity would be nil even 10,000 years later.

Do you see a problem with that argument?

Like 'well I don't know how god fixed it but he must have' kind of reply is your answer?

So the whole thing for you boils down to 'goddidit', right? Regardless of what we know now about genetics and genetic diversity.

For instance, we know humans in the deep past almost died out and at one point were down to a few dozen or so, maybe 50 people left on the entire planet and we see that but that is over a time span of a hundred thousand years. In a hundred thousand years or roughly 5000+ generations, that is enough time for significant diversity. But 10000 years, only about 500 generations or less, not enough generations for the diversity we see today.

But of course, none of that bothers you right? 'Don't confuse me with facts, my mind is made up'.......
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jul '16 15:46
    So insects were saved, all 1 million species of them but all land animals were killed. So your god puts the lives of animals lower than the worth of insects. Good to know that, now we know where we stand. I guess we were between animals and insects.

Does it never bother you if you think about what we now know of genetics and genetic diversity and you ha ...[text shortened]... course, none of that bothers you right? 'Don't confuse me with facts, my mind is made up'.......
    But of course, none of that bothers you right? 'Don't confuse me with facts, my mind is made up'.......

Your "facts".... Many of these scientists have been bought and paid for by God haters, and some are unsure. There are also many scientists that believe in creation as the bible states. We don't have all the facts, but you believe what you wish.
    You can use all the cliches you want, but the bible's version of creation makes more sense than I could be an "Apes nephew"
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jul '16 16:07
    There are also many scientists that believe in creation as the bible states.
    So why haven't these scientists been able to explain the 'insects issue' to you to your satisfaction?
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Jul '16 17:261 edit
    [b]But of course, none of that bothers you right? 'Don't confuse me with facts, my mind is made up'.......

Your "facts".... Many of these scientists have been bought and paid for by God haters, and some are unsure. There are also many scientists that believe in creation as the bible states. We don't have all the facts, but you believe what you wis ...[text shortened]... you want, but the bible's version of creation makes more sense than I could be an "Apes nephew"[/b]
    So you are saying the children of incest will all be fine, no big deal? You do realize EVERYONE knows you don't marry your sister, right? Have you ever thought about why that is? There is a REASON incest is wrong.

Are you saying you don't think it is the same for animals as it is for humans?

We have solid evidence that it IS the same for both.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Jul '16 18:471 edit
    God built an insect ark in toe.

Duh! 🙄

It's not like anyone can refute the flood, Noah's ark was found in Kentucky and is now open to the public.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Jul '16 19:38
    Originally posted by whodey
    God built an insect ark in toe.

Duh! 🙄

It's not like anyone can refute the flood, Noah's ark was found in Kentucky and is now open to the public.
    In whose toe? My toe wouldn't hold many insects.

Seriously, if there was 2 miles of water (only 10,000 feet) and rain a half inch a minute for over a month, how do you suppose any insect would survive? They would be continuously beaten down, vegatation patch or not. They have to breath O2 just like we do and if they are continuously bombarded with that much rain there would be no O2 for those life forms. They would have died, 99.99999%
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Jul '16 19:49
    There are also many scientists that believe in creation as the bible states.
    Not as many as you might think.
    They are also not scientists in the relevant fields and never seem to actually publish and scientific findings that support their beliefs.
    Note that it is not 'scientists' that demonstrates that the creation account is not factual, it is science. It is not an argumentum ad populum but rather science itself. The fantastic thing about science is it comes to the correct conclusions despite the beliefs of scientists and not as a result of those beliefs.

I realise that you simply don't have the education to judge the matter yourself so must rely on authority. But education is free these days and I urge you to at least try.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree